And The Countdown Begins...

Rufus69

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

So. Iff’n I understand you correctly, your former coach may have hoodoo’d the kids parents into thinking all would be well if they transferred and they’d have more opportunities for scholarships if they transferred? You don’t have to answer. Just blink once for yes, twice for yes. 

Or don’t blink for yes. Whatever’s easiest. 

Well...we're talking about (3) separate incidents.   

The first one was last year when three Packer players were enticed to "transfer" (and I use that term lightly) to Valdosta.  The 2nd incident involved our former HC but the 3rd one did not.  It involved a totally different set of culprits.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Well...we're talking about (3) separate incidents.   

The first one was last year when three Packer players were enticed to "transfer" (and I use that term lightly) to Valdosta.  The 2nd incident involved our former HC but the 3rd one did not.  It involved a totally different set of culprits.

Rufus>>

So did you blink once, twice or not at all? 

On 4/19/2021 at 1:37 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

I think they work it kinda like... 

229 elite coach: How's life at Colquitt going with the coach and all?

Kid: Eh, I don't exactly like everything that's going on. Sometimes they make me do more and etc. 

229 elite coach: I've heard coach Dubose treats his stud players really well. They get the run of the mill so to speak.

Kid: Wow. Maybe I should check on playing there.

229 elite coach: I wouldn't ask you to, but, I wouldn't blame you if you did. I hear a lot of stuff about that staff at Colquitt. 

Kid: 👍

228 elite coach: 👍 👹

Later... 

Kid: Coach, I'm thinking about going to Lowndes. 

Coach: Whats going on? Let's talk. 

Kid: 229 elite coach said yall ain't treating me right and etc. etc. I'm a stud player and deserve yada yada yada.

Coach: you realize that's undue influence and you could be ruled ineligible and more? 

Kid: you're right coach. I'm good here. I was just mad about running extra sprints last season. 

Coach: 👍

Later...

229 elite coach: when yall gonna stop threatening kids that don't wanna be there?

Later still...

Coach: hey GHSA... May wanna keep an eye on this down south... 

xD

I have no idea, but my vivid imagination says... 

You would be completely wrong in your assumptions. The only reason anyone knew about the sanders situation was because his mom and some of your moultrie middle school coaches. 

As far as the 229 elite there are kids from thomasville brooks colquitt lee Lowndes Valdosta Lakeland Albany. Majority are valdosta/Lowndes kids. None have transferred. Im surprised you are taking up for coaches threatening players i guess yall just supplement anybody that resembles rush.

According to sanders mom and youth coaches the moultrie community and high school coaches treated him like trash until he started gaining track in recruiting.

hell one of the 229 players isn't even living in the 229 anymore he moved up to grayson some weeks ago but sure throw Lowndes in. Dubose has nothing to do with the 229 elite he has never been to a practice. They practice at Lowndes because they went to Colquitt and Valdosta and both told them no. Just like moultrie didn't want anybody filming their games which screwed over its own kids in recruiting.

28 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

You would be completely wrong in your assumptions. The only reason anyone knew about the sanders situation was because his mom and some of your moultrie middle school coaches. 

As far as the 229 elite there are kids from thomasville brooks colquitt lee Lowndes Valdosta Lakeland Albany. Majority are valdosta/Lowndes kids. None have transferred. Im surprised you are taking up for coaches threatening players i guess yall just supplement anybody that resembles rush.

According to sanders mom and youth coaches the moultrie community and high school coaches treated him like trash until he started gaining track in recruiting.

Lol. Word in the hallways and on the street is Sanders mom is one of the prime culprits for three kids now being ineligible to play their senior year. I'm sure she has all the credibility in the world. Treated like trash? Dude. These kids are fed daily, all of them that want to eat anyway, they don't want for much at all ever if people know they are in need. I think you probably need to take a back seat and be quiet. Lol

The coaches here don't threaten players. They counsel them on what could happen if they let these elite 229 coaches entice them to Lowndes for the promises of a ring or better treatment. 😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

The real question is this: how do does Nub look in this entire situation? I know Rush did what he did (allegedly) and said what he said, but DAMN! Why would Nub do what he did in the first place? Seems kinda snakish. 

It was pretty raw dog, what Nub did. It probably hinged from the same sentiment that a lot of folks in this area have about illegal recruiting and transferring for athletic purposes. 

I went back and watched that Football town USA documentary from NFL Network that featured Valdosta, Rodemaker, Nub and others just to try to get a better grip on who he is and all. 

Due to it being NFL network the videos can't be embedded so sadly you have to click the link. 

https://youtu.be/a5wJ3aZHnfE

https://youtu.be/I30ToUn5hj4

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It was pretty raw dog, what Nub did. It probably hinged from the same sentiment that a lot of folks in this area have about illegal recruiting and transferring for athletic purposes. 

I went back and watched that Football town USA documentary from NFL Network that featured Valdosta, Rodemaker, Nub and others just to try to get a better grip on who he is and all. 

Due to it being NFL network the videos can't be embedded so sadly you have to click the link. 

https://youtu.be/a5wJ3aZHnfE

https://youtu.be/I30ToUn5hj4

I actually re-watched these episodes last week...lol. But yeah, it's fucked up. Don't see why he'd try to ruin the program unless he was already on his way out and wanted to bring others down with him. As far as Rush, his circle is about to get even smaller. Hell, he may not even have that circle anymore....smh. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

The real question is this: how do does Nub look in this entire situation? I know Rush did what he did (allegedly) and said what he said, but DAMN! Why would Nub do what he did in the first place? Seems kinda snakish. 

Probably came down to trying to protect his position in the Touchdown Club by establishing an insurance policy.  There were rumors...and I said RUMORS...that Rush was trying to get Nub removed and his wife put in the vacancy.  At least that's the way it was perceived by Nub and a few other long time Cat supporters.  I'm not sure Nub planned on releasing the tape until he was called on it under oath by Rodemaker's attorney during his deposition.  Anyway you cut it..it's about 50/50 on Nub in Azalea City.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Probably came down to trying to protect his position in the Touchdown Club by establishing an insurance policy.  There were rumors...and I said RUMORS...that Rush was trying to get Nub removed and his wife put in the vacancy.  At least that's the way it was perceived by Nub and a few other long time Cat supporters.  I'm not sure Nub planned on releasing the tape until he was called on it under oath by Rodemaker's attorney during his deposition.  Anyway you cut it..it's about 50/50 on Nub in Azalea City.

Rufus>>

Pretty much my understanding as well. Rush was allegedly trying to push Nub out due to Nub not necessarily being a complete do boy for him from day one. Personality clash or whatever it was. 

Nub decided to record their meeting, after apparently already having some inkling as to what the conversation was going to be.

Not sure on whether Nub volunteered the tapes' info to the attorneys or what, but, as we know, he got deposed and it's all in the books now. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Pretty much my understanding as well. Rush was allegedly trying to push Nub out due to Nub not necessarily being a complete do boy for him from day one. Personality clash or whatever it was. 

Nub decided to record their meeting, after apparently already having some inkling as to what the conversation was going to be.

Not sure on whether Nub volunteered the tapes' info to the attorneys or what, but, as we know, he got deposed and it's all in the books now. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Nub was banned from anything under the sun that has to do with Valdosta High School.  

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You know the old saying...two people can't keep a secret.  I heard thru a source that Nub told a fellow Cat supporter what he had and that was probably a mistake.  Nub is setting in his deposition on the Rodemaker case and the attorney flat out asks him about it.  Things went downhill quickly...even to the point where Nub said (and I paraphrase)...I'm not gonna answer that. Y'all can lock me up.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

You know the old saying...two people can't keep a secret.  I heard thru a source that Nub told a fellow Cat supporter what he had and that was probably a mistake.  Nub is setting in his deposition on the Rodemaker case and the attorney flat out asks him about it.  Things went downhill quickly...even to the point where Nub said (and I paraphrase)...I'm not gonna answer that. Y'all can lock me up.

Rufus>>

I listened to that on the deposition tape. Lol. Poor Nub. Seems to be a misunderstood Cat to me. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

I listened to that on the deposition tape. Lol. Poor Nub. Seems to be a misunderstood Cat to me. 

Well...Nub is not innocent and he's no angel (are any of us) but he's not the monster everybody is trying to make him out.  He does love the Cats.  That can't be denied.  Unfortunately, he got caught up in something that got way outa control.  He'll be alright in the long run.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Rufus69 said:

Well...Nub is not innocent and he's no angel (are any of us) but he's not the monster everybody is trying to make him out.  He does love the Cats.  That can't be denied.  Unfortunately, he got caught up in something that got way outa control.  He'll be alright in the long run.

Rufus>>

But what was the point of recording Rush tho? And he says Rush knew he was recording? I ain't buying that shit. 

38 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

If I'm part of the touchdown club with a high position, I'd be very hesitant to let him join the club. Would definitely get the side eye from me. 

Then that's you.  I've been at several Wildcat Tailgates with Nub.  I've been at Wildcat Central with him.  Rally nothing wrong with Nub.  

Rufus>>

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ga96 said:

hell one of the 229 players isn't even living in the 229 anymore he moved up to grayson some weeks ago but sure throw Lowndes in. Dubose has nothing to do with the 229 elite he has never been to a practice. They practice at Lowndes because they went to Colquitt and Valdosta and both told them no. Just like moultrie didn't want anybody filming their games which screwed over its own kids in recruiting.

I am confused on Moultrie not wanting anyone filming our games. I have subscibed to Colquitt on the NFHS site but I don't see any streams from when we played Lowndes in Valdosta. Can you let me me know where I can find the tapes of your games on NFHS?

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

But what was the point of recording Rush tho? And he says Rush knew he was recording? I ain't buying that shit. 

Rush said...he knew when he was being recorded.  He was trained to know.  What other proof do you need?

(Smile)

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

Just now, Iletteredintrack said:

I am confused on Moultrie not wanting anyone filming our games. I have subscibed to Colquitt on the NFHS site but I don't see any streams from when we played Lowndes in Valdosta. Can you let me me know where I can find the tapes of your games on NFHS?

LOL....now that's just unfair...track.

Make sure you get the ones with Randy Mac...OK?

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

LOL....now that's just unfair...track.

Make sure you get the ones with Randy Mac...OK?

Rufus>>

He is an expert on all things Colquitt though. Even knows that our coaches explaining the rules is "threatening" the kids. Maybe we need to send our coaches over there to explain the rules to the 229elite staff? I wonder if there was a reason they were told no in Moultrie. Makes you wonder.

• Like 1