And The Countdown Begins...

Rufus69

Somewhere around 9:00 am this morning...the proverbial "catshit" will hit the fan at GHSA headquarters.

Will Valdosta win their appeal?

Will Rush escape another attempt on his livelihood?

Will the Jake Garcia hafta give back his State Championship ring?

Will the banned INELIGIBLES be granted a reprieve?

These questions and more will be answered by the Quorum Of Four.  Valdosta may never be the same...or...this thing could shake out as...same ole - same ole.  Both Lime Sink and North Morven are steering clear of this mess.  Either which way it comes out...I can guarantee you...SOMEBODY is gonna be UNHAPPY.

Rufus>>

18 minutes ago, Iletteredintrack said:

Will Lowndes stop using 7v7 teams as a means to recruit?

"track"...if a player doesn't want to be at Colquitt he shouldn't be there.  We should simply say..."au revoir"...and let him go.  BUT...each player should be told of the pitfalls and the possibility of becoming ineligible.  If we don't do that...we are derelict in our duties.

Sanders, Willis, Lewis....

But as of today...I don't know of a single PLAYER on the Colquitt team that doesn't wanna be there.

Of course...we all know...I don't have the "credibility" that 96 has.......

Rufus>>

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Somewhere around 9:00 am this morning...the proverbial "catshit" will hit the fan at GHSA headquarters.

Will Valdosta win their appeal?

Will Rush escape another attempt on his livelihood?

Will the Jake Garcia hafta give back his State Championship ring?

Will the banned INELIGIBLES be granted a reprieve?

These questions and more will be answered by the Quorum Of Four.  Valdosta may never be the same...or...this thing could shake out as...same ole - same ole.  Both Lime Sink and North Morven are steering clear of this mess.  Either which way it comes out...I can guarantee you...SOMEBODY is gonna be UNHAPPY.

Rufus>>

I talked to Bueford this morning and he said the answer is no straight down the line.

17 minutes ago, 67packer said:

I talked to Bueford this morning and he said the answer is no straight down the line.

Well...if that's the case...I know of a LOT of Facebook Cats who are gonna be wearing "Black & No Yeller" afterwards.  I'm guessing they would hold the last rites in Bazemore-Hyder.

Rufus>>

39 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

"track"...if a player doesn't want to be at Colquitt he shouldn't be there.  We should simply say..."au revoir"...and let him go.  BUT...each player should be told of the pitfalls and the possibility of becoming ineligible.  If we don't do that...we are derelict in our duties.

But as of today...I don't know of a single PLAYER on the Colquitt team that doesn't wanna be there.

Rufus>>

Pretty sure that nobody has the credibility that 96 has. Not noonereal anyway. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Hey Bud can you give 96 a break, guys having a rough day with 229

1C28C916-B7F1-4B32-A74E-FB27728E9C19.gif

He's just mad because some of our coaches counseled some of the Colquitt players they were actively recruiting through that 229elite stuff they got going on over there and the kids changed their minds after having good information. 

• Thanks 3

Valdosta rising 10th&9th grade will be in the running for a state championship no matter who the coach is.

Colquitt rising 11th&10th grade will be in contention for a state championship

Lowndes rising 8th,9th,10th will be in the running for multiple state championships and possibly a MNC.

Considering kids stay where they are. 

38 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He's just mad because some of our coaches counseled some of the Colquitt players they were actively recruiting through that 229elite stuff they got going on over there and the kids changed their minds after having good information. 

Can’t wait for that investigation to begin! 

17 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Can’t wait for that investigation to begin! 

I think they work it kinda like... 

229 elite coach: How's life at Colquitt going with the coach and all?

Kid: Eh, I don't exactly like everything that's going on. Sometimes they make me do more and etc. 

229 elite coach: I've heard coach Dubose treats his stud players really well. They get the run of the mill so to speak.

Kid: Wow. Maybe I should check on playing there.

229 elite coach: I wouldn't ask you to, but, I wouldn't blame you if you did. I hear a lot of stuff about that staff at Colquitt. 

Kid: 👍

228 elite coach: 👍 👹

Later... 

Kid: Coach, I'm thinking about going to Lowndes. 

Coach: Whats going on? Let's talk. 

Kid: 229 elite coach said yall ain't treating me right and etc. etc. I'm a stud player and deserve yada yada yada.

Coach: you realize that's undue influence and you could be ruled ineligible and more? 

Kid: you're right coach. I'm good here. I was just mad about running extra sprints last season. 

Coach: 👍

Later...

229 elite coach: when yall gonna stop threatening kids that don't wanna be there?

Later still...

Coach: hey GHSA... May wanna keep an eye on this down south... 

xD

I have no idea, but my vivid imagination says... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Kid: Eh, I don't exactly like everything that's going on. Sometimes they make me do more and etc. 

229 elite coach: I've heard coach Dubose treats his stud players really well. They get the run of the mill so to speak.

229 elite coach: I wouldn't ask you to, but, I wouldn't blame you if you did. I hear a lot of stuff about that staff at Colquitt. 

Later... 

Kid: 229 elite coach said yall ain't treating me right and etc. etc. I'm a stud player and deserve yada yada yada.

Coach: you realize that's undue influence and you could be ruled ineligible and more? 

Kid: you're right coach. I'm good here. I was just mad about running extra sprints last season. 

Later...

xD

I’d say that’s pretty damn good! Perhaps a little more, ummm......., persuading from the #elite229recruitingcoordinator and I’d almost say verbatim. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Exactly. The rules were pointed out to the players and they chose to follow the rules. Maybe if the 229elite bus driver had bothered to ask the player instead of recruiting his mom, they would have known that the player did not want to transfer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

It isn't the player that didn't want to be here. He wanted to stay but was being told what to do by his parent and because he is a good kid, he was doing what he was told. Once the facts of the undue influence were pointed out, his parent had no choice but to give in and allow the young man to stay where HE WANTED TO BE. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

228 elite coach: 👍 👹

Later... 

Later...

229 elite coach: when yall gonna stop threatening kids that don't wanna be there?

Later still...

xD

Hewitt parents were doing the same at 7 on 7 camps in Alabama. So the AHSAA called the Hewitt Coaches, AD, Principal to Montgomery had a come to Jesus meeting.  That practice stopped. Why the GHSA has not stepped in if anything is going illegal with 7 on 7 recruiting and put a stop to it.  Seems like they would want to stop a problem before it happens.  Just another example of the AHSAA doing a good job. 

9 minutes ago, Iletteredintrack said:

It isn't the player that didn't want to be here. He wanted to stay but was being told what to do by his parent and because he is a good kid, he was doing what he was told. Once the facts of the undue influence were pointed out, his parent had no choice but to give in and allow the young man to stay where HE WANTED TO BE. 

My point exactly.  The PLAYER didn't wanna leave.  

Rufus>>

There's a whole lot wrong with some of these camps and even twitter personalities and all that operate by pumping these kid's and their parents' heads full. 

A lot of it is on the edge of legality as it pertains to undue influence and all. 

It's even more crazy when you have coaches that work for certain schools involved in the camp or 7v7 or twitter handles. It doesn't take a lot to be considered undue influence and if people from other schools not involved with these camps start filing complaints, it could get hairy. These guys think they're smart and above boards but really they're in the same boat as Rush was that just got ruled on by the GHSA. 

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

My point exactly.  The PLAYER didn't wanna leave.  

Rufus>>

So. Iff’n I understand you correctly, your former coach may have hoodoo’d the kids parents into thinking all would be well if they transferred and they’d have more opportunities for scholarships if they transferred? You don’t have to answer. Just blink once for yes, twice for yes. 

Or don’t blink for yes. Whatever’s easiest.