Corky Kell Classic Location

FootballGuy

Well, considering that the headliners for the Classic has been played at the dome for years, it seems kind of shitty to put them out of it this year.

I guarantee that the classic suffers at asses in the seats this year because of it. 

I know many that get tickets for it in their season package but have yet to hear of anyone that has hard plans to go. Talking about die hard fans too. It's just going to be too hot at 3 in the afternoon for the game to be enjoyable in person.

I'm still undecided but leaning stay home for this one.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Only reason I ask this is because I seen a few a people imply that it should be in the Falcons' new stadium. I mean, I find it ridiculous for people to complain about it not being the  new stadium. It's almost as if they're trying to pull rank in a way. 

Folks don't want to sit in the heat and possible rain.  They've gotten comfortable.  I don't mind including myself in that group.  I may not go due to other commitments but I know my wife won't go and she likes high school football.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, considering that the headliners for the Classic has been played at the dome for years, it seems kind of shitty to put them out of it this year.

I guarantee that the classic suffers at asses in the seats this year because of it. 

I know many that get tickets for it in their season package but have yet to hear of anyone that has hard plans to go. Talking about die hard fans too. It's just going to be too hot at 3 in the afternoon for the game to be enjoyable in person.

The uncertainties with the construction schedules made it impossible to guarantee and at some point the Kell has to confirm cast in stone.  I bet it is back next year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Hope they get some more teams South of the Macon-Dixon line in there.

Why does Colquitt have to carry the SoGA flag? Tell them boys 16 miles North of the Flawwwdaaaa state line to get their asses up there!!!'

its invite only 

Camden

Colquitt

Valdosta are the only south ga schools that go. 

50 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Did you really expect for the CKC to have first dibs in the new stadium tho? I sure as hell didn't. 

I say the GHSA strike up a last minute deal with the Georgia Dome so that the CKC can be played there 1 last time. 

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

Did you really expect for the CKC to have first dibs in the new stadium tho? I sure as hell didn't. 

I say the GHSA strike up a last minute deal with the Georgia Dome so that the CKC can be played there 1 last time. 

If I'm being totally honest, I did think it would be at the Benz. What the hell is first dibs? I mean these are professional football and soccer teams that should be the most supportive people in the world toward youth sports imo. If not for youth sports, they wouldn't be where they are now. Also, if they would feel slighted by kids getting to play in a stadium before them, that would be some of the most childish shit coming from professional athletes and their management.

I think it's too late to change up now, but, I don't think anyone much would complain from a fan perspective if they did play it at the dome one last time. Not sure what state of repair the dome is in currently either, considering it's slated for demolition soon, they may have already removed stuff from there that would make it impossible either way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If I'm being totally honest, I did think it would be at the Benz. What the hell is first dibs? I mean these are professional football and soccer teams that should be the most supportive people in the world toward youth sports imo. If not for youth sports, they wouldn't be where they are now. Also, if they would feel slighted by kids getting to play in a stadium before them, that would be some of the most childish shit coming from professional athletes and their management.

I think it's too late to change up now, but, I don't think anyone much would complain from a fan perspective if they did play it at the dome one last time. Not sure what state of repair the dome is in currently either, considering it's slated for demolition soon, they may have already removed stuff from there that would make it impossible either way.

Well I guess we can't always get what we want, right? 

I just knew from the jump that this event wouldn't be held at the falcons' new stadium.

As far as the state championship games, I hope GHSA has already set something up with the Falcons so that the games can be played there. If not, I guess I'll be looking forward to the championship games to be held at whoever's home field....kinda like how it was in the mid 2000s.

• Like 1

Just now, FootballGuy said:

Well I guess we can't always get what we want, right? 

I just knew from the jump that this event wouldn't be held at the falcons' new stadium.

As far as the state championship games, I hope GHSA has already set something up with the Falcons so that the games can be played there. If not, I guess I'll be looking forward to the championship games to be held at whoever's home field....kinda like how it was in the mid 2000s.

Although I do like visiting Atlanta and have enjoyed my trips to the dome, I would almost prefer the championship games to always be played at the Hawg Pen anyway. That would be sweet!

I think the old Turner Field venue could be ok if the games were all played at night. As most of us Georgians know already, mid-August at 3 in the afternoon is the most sweltering weather that one can endure normally in Georgia. It's going to be pretty tough on the teams, but they are young and resilient. Fans going out and sitting outdoors for a couple of hours in that kind of temperature and humidity is definitely asking a little much. I would still be a question mark on attending if the tickets were totally free and a limo was sent to bring me to the stadium. 

Maybe if Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and Arthur Blank "chilled" out there with me for the duration... 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Although I do like visiting Atlanta and have enjoyed my trips to the dome, I would almost prefer the championship games to always be played at the Hawg Pen anyway. That would be sweet!

Mannnn..... if the 7A championship was held in Moultrie, I'd definitely make that trip. I don't think it would be enough seating.

With that being said, I expect Rush to ask for a new stadium to be built... and he'd probably get it too. 

6 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

The pricing structure for the Benz may make it prohibitive for high school sports.

Rufus>>

I think I read that the terms of conditions allows for high school sports to use Mercedes at a similar discounted rate as the Dome.  I may have been reading something into what I read but that was my impression.

6 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

It is all related to the construction delays.  The Kell was slated to be the first football event in the new facility.

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

A tad bit optimistic here are you?  :D

• Like 1

For the first time since Colquitt has been playing in the Corky (1996)...Ms. Violet and I will NOT be attending.  We went to McEachern.  We almost died.  I told Rush after that.....Never Again.  So if anybody wants Corky tickets...for an August 19th game...at Turner Field...at 3:00 pm in the afternoon....in the sun.....

Have I got a DEAL for you !!!!!!

Rufus>>