IMG is upset...

coach_warren

Just now, coach_warren said:

Well hopefully CC learned from their last mistakes last year and pull the glorious upset. "IMG #1 National Champs" sounds the worst lol

If Bishop Gorman goes undefeated and loses number 1 spot to img i won't honor any of those polls as legit again,  unless Gorman loses they shouldn't lose that spot, they play solid schedule and haven't lost in like 3 years if i have right count 

41 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Hey, they barely beat CC, who are a public school and who were the third best team in the Pac-5 last year, behind SJB and MD. 

But yeah, anyone with something inside his chest wants to see IMG lose. 

CC never played MD. 

And the week after SJB needed a controversial 4th down call to beat Cen10 by 2, SJB clobbered MD 42-28 (was 42-21 before garbage TD by MD).

IMG matches up with EVERY team different... because of their team dynamic... they have speed, size, talent, everything... theres not many weaknesses aside from lack of team chemistry. 

5 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

If Bishop Gorman goes undefeated and loses number 1 spot to img i won't honor any of those polls as legit again,  unless Gorman loses they shouldn't lose that spot, they play solid schedule and haven't lost in like 3 years if i have right count 

Dont agree at all. A team isnt entitled to #1 bc they finished the prior season #1.

IMG is seriously talented and they take training to a different level. However, football is a "team" game and they have so many new faces every year just builidng the "team" and the players learning the various O and D systems is their biggest challenge.

Still, you can count on one hand the teams that really have a chance of beating them year in and year out. Right now, I'd say that list is BG, STA, SBJ, and maybe MD.

The strongest publics (CC, MC, Grayson, Allen, etc.) can also compete, but not year in and year out. Also teams like DeMatha can play with them, but I don't think they can beat them. I think the only teams that can actually play them on a level playing field are the teams first mentioned.

Think about that. IMG has been playinig football for less than 5 years and they've surpassed 14,995 of the 15,000 HS football teams in the US.

Just now, 181pl said:

IMG is seriously talented and they take training to a different level. However, football is a "team" game and they have so many new faces every year just builidng the "team" and the players learning the various O and D systems is their biggest challenge.

Still, you can count on one hand the teams that really have a chance of beating them year in and year out. Right now, I'd say that list is BG, STA, SBJ, and maybe MD.

The strongest publics (CC, MC, Grayson, Allen, etc.) can also compete, but not year in and year out. Also teams like DeMatha can play with them, but I don't think they can beat them. I think the only teams that can actually play them on a level playing field are the teams first mentioned.

Think about that. IMG has been playinig football for less than 5 years and they've surpassed 14,995 of the 15,000 HS football teams in the US.

Cant compare IMG to 14995 other schools. Or pretty much any other school. 99.9 percent of schools dont recruit nationally and internationally

7 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Here's what concerns me though, I think this is the year IMG finally takes the MNC.

BG has a serious chance of losing

MD and SJB both have a serious chance of knocking each other out of the MNC by going 1-1 against each other (like they did last year)

STA has a chance of losing to SJB

Who does that leave out? IMG will be likely recognized as the consensus MNC by everybody

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Dont agree at all. A team isnt entitled to #1 bc they finished the prior season #1.

No the fact they haven't lost in almost 3 years while playing a lot of very good teams does

Look at Gorman schedule this year 

If they go undefeated with that how can you justify dropping them 

6 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

CC never played MD. 

And the week after SJB needed a controversial 4th down call to beat Cen10 by 2, SJB clobbered MD 42-28 (was 42-21 before garbage TD by MD).

IMG matches up with EVERY team different... because of their team dynamic... they have speed, size, talent, everything... theres not many weaknesses aside from lack of team chemistry. 

lol seriously IMG just lays on you like a sumo wrestler its not pretty but they get the job done

1 minute ago, coach_warren said:

Here's what concerns me though, I think this is the year IMG finally takes the MNC.

MD and SJB both have a serious chance of knocking each other out of the MNC by going 1-1 against each other (like they did last year)

Who does that leave out? IMG will be likely recognized as the consensus MNC by everybody

Img playing a lot of good teams,  i can see them losing 

In fact don't count out Miami Northwestern, They on paper might be best team in Dade this year so i see them having a shot

Also is img playing poly again this year? 

9 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

CC never played MD. 

They may but they can lose like any team can, no team is immune to losing despite being one of most loaded teams in the nation 

7 minutes ago, 181pl said:

If you gave any team the kind of talent img gets they would be at the top percent, says nothing about img as a program, only the talent they get

Just now, Columbiafan said:

If you gave any team the kind of talent img gets they would be at the top percent, says nothing about img as a program, only the talent they get

Disagree. If you send that talent to place with crappy coaches and facilities, they won't get nearly as much out of it. Take a second and look at what they've accomplished. They've lost ONE regular season game in their history as a program. They play top teams. No cupcakes. 

Just now, 181pl said:

Disagree. If you send that talent to place with crappy coaches and facilities, they won't get nearly as much out of it. Take a second and look at what they've accomplished. They've lost ONE regular season game in their history as a program. They play top teams. No cupcakes. 

You need to correct numbers 

2013 lost twice in regular season

2014 lost once in regular season

Trinity Christian, Naples and St Johns 

10 minutes ago, coach_warren said:

Now what if East beat saguaro, bingham, and IMG? Not only that, but win their state championship.... you think they could make a case for that national championship?

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

Teams have to play each other before we rank them now?

Why would you definitively rank CC over mater dei last year?

In two week span CC played SJB much closer than mater dei did. 

CC had one more loss but it was to IMG and should of been a win. 

Even in the MD win over sjb ... sjb outgained md in yards 359 to 208 and MD scored on a punt return where it looked like sjb had bunch of backups on punt coverage. 

Point being md, sjb, and cc were all elite last year... at the end of the year sjb was playing the best but to rank CC third just because they had one more loss than mater dei did is short sighted. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Why would you definitively rank CC over mater dei last year?

In two week span CC played SJB much closer than mater dei did. 

CC had one more loss but it was to IMG and should of been a win. 

Even in the MD win over sjb ... sjb outgained md in yards 359 to 208 and MD scored on a punt return where it looked like sjb had bunch of backups on punt coverage. 

Point being md, sjb, and cc were all elite last year... at the end of the year sjb was playing the best but to rank CC third just because they had one more loss than mater dei did is short sighted. 

These are all very nice points. But I'm trying to follow board rules, which rules specify that...

MD was 1-1 against SJB

and...

CC was 0-1 against SJB

so...

SJB = MD > CC

If close losses to good teams count and if wins at the end of the year count for more than losses at the beginning of the year, then my friends outside CA will have to reevaluate DLS's resume. 

• Like 1