IMG is upset...

coach_warren

7 hours ago, coach_warren said:

Eh...I'd rather have a world with MaxPreps than without. I can only imagine all the lies that would spew on this board or all over for that matter

Hasn't slowed them down so far.  Why do you think they would increase? 

6 hours ago, coach_warren said:

Here's what concerns me though, I think this is the year IMG finally takes the MNC.

BG has a serious chance of losing

MD and SJB both have a serious chance of knocking each other out of the MNC by going 1-1 against each other (like they did last year)

STA has a chance of losing to SJB

Who does that leave out? IMG will be likely recognized as the consensus MNC by everybody

This is not a homer question but it may seem like it.  I use Grayson because I know them the best.  If Grayson (or another top 10 ten team) runs the table and goes 15-0, do they not get consideration for the MNC?  6 more games than IMG and it could be argued that our first 3 and last five assuming we go 15-0 and repeat as state champs will be some pretty stout competition.

9 hours ago, coach_warren said:

at Maxpreps for their number 3 ranking. I have seen a lot of players and coaches at IMG who feel disrespected by all these pollsters who don't give them the respect they feel they deserve, they feel entitled to the number 1 ranking

I definitely want to see IMG losing. 

Well let's be honest I could understand that.   I mean IMG hasn't lost in a long time and have continued to try and play tough opponents.  Plus they have the best talent.   I mean I understand they feel disrespected, but at the same time I'm not the biggest fan, but that shouldn't matter if you include them in your rankings. 

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

Correct. I was there. It was a pre-season classic coming down to the last play (a TD called back due to a hold). If those teams played 6 weeks later, the score would probably be 35-6 IMG.

Doubt it, but that's because AHP might have actually had better talent on the LOS.  Not sure I could say the same about any other team since then.   2016 IMG LOS was pretty damn stout.   They just play very vanilla and safe IMO.   

31 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Lol.  I hear ya but do those games actually count on their official record?

No for FHSAA teams they do not count.  Problem I have with that game is I remember during the broadcast that the game WOULD count for IMG since they had a limited number of games and they are not in the FHSAA.   Game was nationally televised and both teams went all out for the win.  IMG lost, in a very close game, but at some point after decided the game didn't count.   AHP went to THEIR PLACE and beat them.   I'd pay to watch a replay of that game.  All the footage has disappeared lol, I wonder why ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Fred said:

This is not a homer question but it may seem like it.  I use Grayson because I know them the best.  If Grayson (or another top 10 ten team) runs the table and goes 15-0, do they not get consideration for the MNC?  6 more games than IMG and it could be argued that our first 3 and last five assuming we go 15-0 and repeat as state champs will be some pretty stout competition.

I think they would be in the conversation and would likely pick up a poll or two similar to Colquitt in 2015. 

44 minutes ago, 954gator said:

No for FHSAA teams they do not count.  Problem I have with that game is I remember during the broadcast that the game WOULD count for IMG since they had a limited number of games and they are not in the FHSAA.   Game was nationally televised and both teams went all out for the win.  IMG lost, in a very close game, but at some point after decided the game didn't count.   AHP went to THEIR PLACE and beat them.   I'd pay to watch a replay of that game.  All the footage has disappeared lol, I wonder why ;)

So basically yes

Img lost 

4 hours ago, Fred said:

Yes BUT IMG has been getting a lot of love from poll writers and publications for some weird reason (concentration of talent maybe, more views) and I'm sure they're aware that IMG and Grayson squared off last year only for Grayson to get smacked down 26-7. 

12 hours ago, coach_warren said:

at Maxpreps for their number 3 ranking. I have seen a lot of players and coaches at IMG who feel disrespected by all these pollsters who don't give them the respect they feel they deserve, they feel entitled to the number 1 ranking

I definitely want to see IMG losing. 

Ok

whats your real objective here?

spell your beans honestly 😀

23 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Every sensible and knowledgeable HSFB fan here knows this.  IMG is weakest in their first real game of the year.  Whoever gets them that first game has the best chance to win.  With the exception of a small handful of teams that could take them on any time during the season (STA, SJB, DLS, CEN10, MD, some texas teams) thats when they are at their most beatable. I agree in your earlier post CEN10 has the best chance this year.  Although SF from MD has some ballers too and can always surprise.

It is interesting to me that many are willing to cut IMG some slack on their first game of the season.  Yet when Grayson played them last year as Grayson's first game of the season all you could hear was that Grayson sucked and embarrassed GA.  Yet we had many new players, veteran players in new positions, and a new coach that was somewhat bent on imposing his system on a team that had basically never played that system before.  Interesting double standard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fred said:

It is interesting to me that many are willing to cut IMG some slack on their first game of the season.  Yet when Grayson played them last year as Grayson's first game of the season all you could hear was that Grayson sucked and embarrassed GA.  Yet we had many new players, veteran players in new positions, and a new coach that was somewhat bent on imposing his system on a team that had basically never played that system before.  Interesting double standard.

Nothing different than when people use the koc excuse for img losing to AHP 

If it hurts their arguement they will hide it

Honestly img didn't look that good in Grayson game from what i watched, i ended up changing to different game after second quarter 

Grayson actually looked really impressive the first half of the game, kid you not. In terms of the eye test, if you were a casual fan I don't think anybody would disagree they could look like the number 1 team in the nation. However, Grayson beat themselves that game. It was just turnover after turnover in the second half, and the sheer size of IMG got to them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, coach_warren said:

Grayson actually looked really impressive the first half of the game, kid you not. In terms of the eye test, if you were a casual fan I don't think anybody would disagree they could look like the number 1 team in the nation. However, Grayson beat themselves that game. It was just turnover after turnover in the second half, and the sheer size of IMG got to them.

Only thing img could do offensively in first half was qb draw at least that i could see

3 hours ago, coach_warren said:

The center was new.  Our 3* center got moved to guard.  He and our QB had played together for years.  This was the first game for this QB/Center combo and it showed.  They got better.  I won't lie.  Their O line was bigger than the Falcons O line and it did catch up to us in the forth.  Overall, I thought our defense did well in the secondary and that forced Monds to scramble.

5 minutes ago, Fred said:

The center was new.  Our 3* center got moved to guard.  He and our QB had played together for years.  This was the first game for this QB/Center combo and it showed.  They got better.  I won't lie.  Their O line was bigger than the Falcons O line and it did catch up to us in the forth.  Overall, I thought our defense did well in the secondary and that forced Monds to scramble.

For Corona Centennial, 3 of their linemen were new.

All four of their receivers were new and never played a real Varsity snap 

Their QB Tanner McKee was new and never played a real Varsity snap

All four of their DBS were new and their LB's were new as well. 

They played IMG 59-49, I think CC is a system

Oh, I only mentioned the center position to address the mishandled snaps.  We had something like 10 new and 10 in new positions that were for all intents new.  When the high ranked kids came in, people got moved around.  We did have continuity with the players right behind the starters and just because you started on the first play didn't mean you were even in for the whole first series of 4 downs.  All that newness and change gave us fits for the first two games.  We started gelling in the third game and rolled from there.