Holy Trinity cancels Hewitt Truss and Colquitt

Nolebull813

Guest LOSer
10 hours ago, Fred said:

You show your ignorance with that statement.  If you think for a minute that a trip like that could happen without school system admin approval, you are delusional. 

I didn't say anything about school board approval.

You really enjoy making things up.

There's nothing taxpayer funded about the trip or the organization putting on the event regardless of whether the school itself needs approval.

Guest LOSer
8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Maybe in Cali and SoFl they have kids that just show up and dress out with no involvement. That's not how it works in Moultrie. Pretty sure that can be said for Grayson too.

Another unctuous and holier-than-thou claim by a Georgian.

What a shock.

The kids work harder and are more pure in rural Georgia (and metro Atlanta) than apparently anywhere else.

Geez, I've never heard that one before.

On 8/1/2017 at 10:00 AM, HawgGoneIt said:

The NoleBull and Los and GSB argument we see here today is one of the primary reasons that HSFB is going toward the IMG model. 

Folks these days have ZERO loyalty for their teammates that they grew up with etc. It speaks volumes to why we see this rationalization to the backstabbing we see in the whitehouse right now and everything.

Teams saying fuck the contract we signed (looking at you Columbia) and church schools... CHURCH schools mind you, that turn out to be dishonest as the day was long. 

You guys can continue to ruin hsfb and team loyalty all you want. I think we'll be the "conservatives" on this issue.

So we get criticized when we drop a team even though we never even played the first year which means series never started

But Trinity Christian who several years ago dropped us on the second year of contract to play Buford is perfectly ok

Bull $hit

Don't go issuing double standards that a team offered a quality out of state opponent can drop and it all good but if we drop a out state opponent to play a in state opponent who was closer and if i heard right decided to share gate money makes us evil 

9 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

So we get criticized when we drop a team even though we never even played the first year which means series never started

But Trinity Christian who several years ago dropped us on the second year of contract to play Buford is perfectly ok

Bull $hit

Don't go issuing double standards that a team offered a quality out of state opponent can drop and it all good but if we drop a out state opponent to play a in state opponent who was closer and if i heard right decided to share gate money makes us evil 

Truly not surprised that it was a Florida team that dropped you guys. 

Seems the Florida schools, especially "churchy" ones are good at it. 

If Trinity Christian cancelled a signed contract on you guys, then they are just as wrong as the rest that have done that. No double standard from me. The thing with me becomes when you are dropping the contract without notice for the other team to find quality opponents themselves. The way I heard on the "church" school that dropped Colquitt was that they had already found a replacement themselves before Colquitt ever found out they weren't coming up. I think it was the same with Columbia and Camden. Camden is thinking that you guys are coming on a certain date, so they fill every other date they needed, then you guys say, whoa, whoa, whoa, we playing someone else. Contract? What Contract? So that left Camden pretty lucky to find a replacement. Especially considering that you guys already signed a team, taking at least one more option off the table for Camden before really letting Camden know. 

I was kinda just picking at you with my mentioning of the Camden "contract", anyway, but it is true that these are dirty type moves. Having a contract with one school, and then not telling them you don't plan to honor it until you have your own replacement. I'm sure it happens all the time, but knowing you have a contract with a school, the right way would be to call them and let them know you are looking for other options and asking to be forgiven the contractual obligation. At the minimum. 

Dirty dirty playing both sides of the fence. Holding a contract that's a sure game until you find some other team to play, then dumping the contract game. Whether that's what was done intentionally or not, it's how it appears. 

No need to keep rehashing this anyway. Done buns can't be undone. This time it seemed to work out pretty alright for everyone and all these teams learned something about each other. 

Good luck to Columbia. Hope you guys have a great season. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2017 at 9:32 PM, Fred said:

All LOS does is state his position and then launch all the personal attacks.  He can't seem to generate a complete post that addresses the complete thought someone else generates.  Instead he take 4 or 5 words out of context, twists them to his satisfaction and then launches the insults.  

This.

On 8/2/2017 at 7:57 AM, LOSer said:

Another unctuous and holier-than-thou claim by a Georgian.

What a shock.

The kids work harder and are more pure in rural Georgia (and metro Atlanta) than apparently anywhere else.

Geez, I've never heard that one before.

Because everyone claims it wanting it to be true. It is true some places. Georgia just happens to be one of those places.

Guest LOSer
5 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Because everyone claims it wanting it to be true. It is true some places. Georgia just happens to be one of those places.

Because you say so.

That's why it's such a silly thing to say because it can't really be proven.

It's just fluff.

It's worse than the Brotherhood stuff at De La Salle.

40 minutes ago, LOSer said:

I have not taken any words out of context.

If I did I'm sure my fanboys would be able to point it out.

You are the worst about quoting, then deleting all but a select few words in a persons post, and turning it into whatever you want it to be.

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Truly not surprised that it was a Florida team that dropped you guys. 

Seems the Florida schools, especially "churchy" ones are good at it. 

If Trinity Christian cancelled a signed contract on you guys, then they are just as wrong as the rest that have done that. No double standard from me. The thing with me becomes when you are dropping the contract without notice for the other team to find quality opponents themselves. The way I heard on the "church" school that dropped Colquitt was that they had already found a replacement themselves before Colquitt ever found out they weren't coming up. I think it was the same with Columbia and Camden. Camden is thinking that you guys are coming on a certain date, so they fill every other date they needed, then you guys say, whoa, whoa, whoa, we playing someone else. Contract? What Contract? So that left Camden pretty lucky to find a replacement. Especially considering that you guys already signed a team, taking at least one more option off the table for Camden before really letting Camden know. 

I was kinda just picking at you with my mentioning of the Camden "contract", anyway, but it is true that these are dirty type moves. Having a contract with one school, and then not telling them you don't plan to honor it until you have your own replacement. I'm sure it happens all the time, but knowing you have a contract with a school, the right way would be to call them and let them know you are looking for other options and asking to be forgiven the contractual obligation. At the minimum. 

Dirty dirty playing both sides of the fence. Holding a contract that's a sure game until you find some other team to play, then dumping the contract game. Whether that's what was done intentionally or not, it's how it appears. 

No need to keep rehashing this anyway. Done buns can't be undone. This time it seemed to work out pretty alright for everyone and all these teams learned something about each other. 

Good luck to Columbia. Hope you guys have a great season. 

Alright, not sure who your team is but good luck to your team

Guest LOSer
51 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

You are the worst about quoting, then deleting all but a select few words in a persons post, and turning it into whatever you want it to be.

So you're saying that I quote exactly what I'm responding to.

The select few words are what I want to address. I don't delete any context.

I don't turn it into anything. I respond to it and you're shown to be a stooge. That's what angers you.

22 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Hawg what was your opine about that NY church school scoring a canceling hat trick? 

Buffalo is far away from me, but from what I've read, Bishop Timon is very close to closing its school doors altogether.  Might not even have a team at all this year.  I wouldn't quote me in that because I am nowhere near the area, just read some articles saying the school is having major financial troubles.

7 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Buffalo is far away from me, but from what I've read, Bishop Timon is very close to closing its school doors altogether.  Might not even have a team at all this year.  I wouldn't quote me in that because I am nowhere near the area, just read some articles saying the school is having major financial troubles.

Yeah I read all about it and talked with GSB about trying to help the 3 teams that needed a game. We helped Buford with Mel CC and Permian is content with 9 games.

Crazy to think a place that seems stable enough to take 3 huge oos trips in football is almost closing Down the next year 

43 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Hawg what was your opine about that NY church school scoring a canceling hat trick? 

Yeah. Idk man. It seems like these schools are trying to break in on the scene playing these bigger name OOS schools. I guess it's the cheap way to build a name.

My honest opinion is, they're trying to buy credibility where they have none. It may be a growing pain that hsfb is experiencing as the transfer freely model is becoming en vogue. 

They figure to get some exposure so they can attract more talented players but what they are doing is cutting corners in program building. If they're doing that in football and athletics in general, then we have to wonder why. 

Are they cutting corners in academics too? Why cut corners in athletics? Why not just educate and do the best you can at building athletics programs with them you have for academics already. Then play comparable teams instead of short-cutting all the time.