Holy Trinity cancels Hewitt Truss and Colquitt

Nolebull813

Guest LOSer
6 minutes ago, Fred said:

So your criteria for being a national team is based on modes of transportation? 

No.

It's based on their mindset of refusing to get on a plane to travel anywhere unless 100 players can go.

They will play crappy teams like Hoover, Ramsay and Curtis instead of elite programs.

2 hours ago, LOSer said:

Cost is not the issue, think tank.

It's about a 9 hour bus ride for a trip that would take an hour and a half by plane.

Plus the cost of getting to the airport, plus the time of getting to the airport, plus the time of of getting through security, plus the time of waiting on the flight after all of that, plus the cost of flying all the equipment, plus the time of waiting for luggage and equipment on the far end, plus the cost and time of getting from the airport, plus the cost of getting to and from the hotel to the game site.  Cost in dollars and cost in time are both considerations.  For someone that says they've participated in 8 travel games you sure seem to leave a lot out.

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

The bottom line is Grayson doesn't conduct their business seriously on a national level. That's not a knock unless they are trying to pretend to be something they're not. 

Bussing to Shreveport but refusing to fly to  Dallas tells you all you need to know about them. 

It tells you that 6 months to prepare vs 10 days makes a difference.  Anything past that tells you nothing that you don't want to make up.

22 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Wow I just heard Marietta, GA signed a 2 year to play Bishop Gorman starting in 2018 season...yes Marietta. 

Also in the 2018 Grayson will face Bishop Gorman, St. Thomas (just so Fred and Los can hang) and Bergen Catholic all in the same season....now that an out of region schedule! Good Lawd

You talkin shit or being serious? Lol

16 minutes ago, LOSer said:

There are few team-building exercises better than taking 70 kids on a OOS trip.

While leaving the rest of the team home?  You've said a lot of out there things but I think you just said the thing that is the furthest out there.  Hmmm, let build up the entire team by taking a subset of them on a team building exercise.  You don't even see how ludicrous your statements are.  Sad, really sad to the point of pathetic.

Guest LOSer
4 minutes ago, Fred said:

For someone that says they've participated in 8 travel games you sure seem to leave a lot out.

And someone like you who hasn't seems to add on a lot of extraneous time.

I'll put it this way. It's never taken 9 hours from school to hotel when we've flown.

Simple enough, clown.

Guest LOSer
3 minutes ago, Fred said:

While leaving the rest of the team home?  You've said a lot of out there things but I think you just said the thing that is the furthest out there.  

Almost all of the 25 or so kids that stay home are underclassmen who don't play meaningful snaps and they'll get to make the trip the next year.

You've never done on of those trips so you have no idea. You're just making stuff up left and right.

Guest LOSer
5 minutes ago, Fred said:

Hmmm, let build up the entire team by taking a subset of them on a team building exercise. You don't even see how ludicrous your statements are.  Sad, really sad to the point of pathetic.

You don't know what you don't know, Fred.

So far you've just pretended to know about these things.

Like a good fanboy, you've come up with every kind of defense in the book for Grayson's weak ass actions.

Even to the point of saying that the most commonly known benefit of traveling is "out there."

Guest LOSer
1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

I'm beginning to think that Fred is the decision maker at Grayson 😂

In other words, a sentimental goober who likes to make grand claims about things that he's never done and knows nothing about.

1 minute ago, LOSer said:

And someone like you who hasn't seems to add on a lot of extraneous time.

I'll put it this way. It's never taken 9 hours from school to hotel when we've flown.

Simple enough, clown.

I never said it would add up to 9 hours.  I said it would add to the hour and half you claimed it be.  When you are looking at much closer to 5 or 6 hours (not unreasonable when dealing with the Atlanta airport, you know, the busiest airport in the world) then the time vs cost economics shift considerably.  I guess when you don't look at the whole picture you get a warped sense of reality.

I knew you would resort to name calling.  When your argument fails, start calling names.  {yawn}

7 minutes ago, LOSer said:

Almost all of the 25 or so kids that stay home are underclassmen who don't play meaningful snaps and they'll get to make the trip the next year.

You've never done on of those trips so you have no idea. You're just making stuff up left and right.

Ah, how little you know and how much you assume.  I've done numerous group and team trips in my life both as a participant in my youth and as an organizer/chaperon as an adult.

8 minutes ago, LOSer said:

You don't know what you don't know, Fred.

So far you've just pretended to know about these things.

Like a good fanboy, you've come up with every kind of defense in the book for Grayson's weak ass actions.

Even to the point of saying that the most commonly known benefit of traveling is "out there."

Nope, not what I said.  Twist my words and/or put words in my mouth if you like but it doesn't make you right.  I said that traveling as a team building exercise while leaving part of the team at home and expecting it to be a complete team building exercise is out there.  Big difference.  I don't expect you to understand but it is out there.  Your inability to see that tells us much about you.

Guest LOSer
11 minutes ago, Fred said:

Ah, how little you know and how much you assume.  I've done numerous group and team trips in my life both as a participant in my youth and as an organizer/chaperon as an adult.

I'm not talking about taking your kids to Legoland, Fred.

I'm talking about this type of trip in particular.

You're just making stuff up so you can defend Grayson. Which is what all good deluded, fanboys do.

Guest LOSer
11 minutes ago, Fred said:

I said that traveling as a team building exercise while leaving part of the team at home and expecting it to be a complete team building exercise is out there.  Big difference.  I don't expect you to understand but it is out there.  Your inability to see that tells us much about you.

It's a real benefit that every coach who has experienced it has attested to.

You wouldn't know because you clowns want to take all 100 kids so organizers like Paragon and ESPN laugh in your face.

Having read along with the discussion about 45 man football teams and 100 man teams, and looking at the fan support etc. that these teams get. I'm not really surprised.

Whether a kid gets on the field to play in a game at all this season makes no difference as to whether they are a part of the team or not. If they show before daylight and stay after dark putting in the work and trying to improve themselves... if they help push each other in the weight room or give the upper classmen someone to push... if they pick up their TEAMMATE whose legs turned to rubber after doing laps or sprinting... if they put that effort in... then leaving them behind would not only be unfair to them, but unfair to the entirety of the team. 

It's obvious that the guys arguing that those kids should be left behind have only played on teams that were small and didn't have the numbers of a Colquitt or Grayson. Either that or they never understood what it meant to be a family. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Having read along with the discussion about 45 man football teams and 100 man teams, and looking at the fan support etc. that these teams get. I'm not really surprised.

Whether a kid gets on the field to play in a game at all this season makes no difference as to whether they are a part of the team or not. If they show before daylight and stay after dark putting in the work and trying to improve themselves... if they help push each other in the weight room or give the upper classmen someone to push... if they pick up their TEAMMATE whose legs turned to rubber after doing laps or sprinting... if they put that effort in... then leaving them behind would not only be unfair to them, but unfair to the entirety of the team. 

It's obvious that the guys arguing that those kids should be left behind have only played on teams that were small and didn't have the numbers of a Colquitt or Grayson. Either that or they never understood what it meant to be a family. 

Preach it brother!

4 minutes ago, Warrior said:

2 Sources, a Parent in the Marietta program and a coach.

For Grayson from the man himself...I leave it there.

Be interesting to know who in Grayson is "the man himself" since as of about 30 minutes ago the AD said no we aren't.  I'm not saying that couldn't change but as of now?  Nope.

Guest LOSer
13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Whether a kid gets on the field to play in a game at all this season makes no difference as to whether they are a part of the team or not.

And nobody said otherwise.

This is just a case of deluded Georgians making stuff up to justify the actions of a weak ass program.

Guest LOSer
14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If they show before daylight and stay after dark putting in the work and trying to improve themselves... if they help push each other in the weight room or give the upper classmen someone to push... if they pick up their TEAMMATE whose legs turned to rubber after doing laps or sprinting... if they put that effort in... then leaving them behind would not only be unfair to them, but unfair to the entirety of the team. 

This is sentimental garbage.

If you can't tell 25 kids that they didn't make the 70 without making them feel left out then you're a poor coach and/or administrator.

You're turning out a bunch of soft kids who can't handle the slightest bit of adversity.

Guest LOSer
16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm expecting you to cry any moment now.

STA has just as many (or more) kids and somehow their players are able to accept not being taken on a trip. They don't whine. They don't quit the team.

It's a miracle.

Guest LOSer
1 minute ago, Sportsnut said:

You teach yours your way and let the rest of us handle it our way, O.K.?

I've never tried to do otherwise.

I can still call you guys pansies though.