California Top 10

coach_warren

This is based off what I've seen in Summer Camps, 7 on 7s, messages back and forth with coaches, recruiters, organizations that train athletes (strength, position specialization, etc) and I even talked a little bit with Under The Radar.

MY OPINION 

1.) St.John Bosco

2.) Mater Dei

3.) Corona Centennial

4.) De La Salle

5.) Chaminade

6.) Santa Margarita

7.) Poly

8.) Serra

9.) Mission Viejo

10.) OLU

• Like 1

Honestly, I like SJB over MD but with a very slight edge. Simply because SJB racked so many transfers and they have outcoached MD nearly every meeting they played. I like CC because of their system, coaching, and but not gonna lie their talent is a little low compared to what they are used to.

Chaminade is the team I think I will suprise a lot of people this coming season. There is a reason why their coaching staff called out SJB, it's because they believe they have a special group of seniors this year and I would agree.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, coach_warren said:

Honestly, I like SJB over MD but with a very slight edge. Simply because SJB racked so many transfers and they have outcoached MD nearly every meeting they played. I like CC because of their system, coaching, and but not gonna lie their talent is a little low compared to what they are used to.

Chaminade is the team I think I will suprise a lot of people this coming season. There is a reason why their coaching staff called out SJB, it's because they believe they have a special group of seniors this year and I would agree.

Chaminade lost 3 of their best players in Pledger,White And Suapaia so unless they have a real special team I don't believe 5 is the right spot for them

7 hours ago, Ararar said:

Chaminade lost 3 of their best players in Pledger,White And Suapaia so unless they have a real special team I don't believe 5 is the right spot for them

Yeah I hear you but they still have tons of talented players this coming season and a lot of team guys who don't have offers but started 3 years. Maybe transfers will bite them in the ass but I think they will be legit this year. First Mission League title in awhile.

8 hours ago, coach_warren said:

This is based off what I've seen in Summer Camps, 7 on 7s, messages back and forth with coaches, recruiters, organizations that train athletes (strength, position specialization, etc) and I even talked a little bit with Under The Radar.

MY OPINION 

1.) St.John Bosco

2.) Mater Dei

3.) Corona Centennial

4.) De La Salle

5.) Chaminade

6.) Santa Margarita

7.) Poly

8.) Serra

9.) Mission Viejo

10.) OLU

Really?  Even after Chaminade lost Pledger?  And SM hasn't been this good in a few years too.  Interesting. 

7 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Really?  Even after Chaminade lost Pledger?  And SM hasn't been this good in a few years too.  Interesting. 

Chaminade's backup RB is Michael Van Buren who is also a D-1 player who rotated with pledger, I know they're gonna be hurt with all these transfers but I think Chaminade is the best coached team in the Mission League and this is one of the more talented teams. Like I ssaid there is a reason why they called out SJB this particular year they believe they have a special team. If anything, I think this is the year they win their Mission League title and go undefeated in league for the first time

SM I know IS a head-scratcher from the outside but think about it, they finished 3rd place in the Trinity League with a 7-5 record, (3 of 5 losses came from SJB and MD) with their first year head coach Rich Fisher who also beat Serra worse than SJR of NJ did with a depleted SM team that saw players transfer out of that school when their previous head coach Rick Curtis was fired and nobody knew what was going to happen. Pretty bold but I think in a couple of years we will see SM start to rise if they start playing the transfer wars. The new SM president recently stated he was ambitious and wanted to bring back the old SM so we'll see. 

The Rich Fisher guy from SM has college connections as he was a previous college coach and SM has not been in 3rd place or higher in league since what, 2011? He's the guy to turn around the program 

8 hours ago, coach_warren said:

MY OPINION 

1.) St.John Bosco

2.) Mater Dei

3.) Corona Centennial

4.) De La Salle

5.) Chaminade

6.) Santa Margarita

7.) Poly

8.) Serra

9.) Mission Viejo

10.) OLU

I'd delete chaminade, SM, and OLu, move LBP to 5 -- I think there's a strong consensus around that five 

6 thru 15 will be your other five teams plus maybe narbonne, cathedral catholic, and a couple or 4 NorCal TBDs

• Like 1

Just now, Pops said:

I'd delete chaminade, SM, and OLu, move LBP to 5 -- I think there's a strong consensus around that five 

6 thru 15 will be your other five teams plus maybe narbonne, cathedral catholic, and a couple or 4 NorCal TBDs

Who else in Norcal? Any special teams we haven't heard of? Folsom 2014 or Grant 2008 or Bells 2011 team?

I don't know...I've watched Pierce's Poly over the last couple of years and I'm just never sold on their staff. Whether it's their questionable personnel changes, weird play calling, or just lack of discipline. I'm not sold on them. 

4 minutes ago, coach_warren said:

Who else in Norcal? Any special teams we haven't heard of? Folsom 2014 or Grant 2008 or Bells 2011 team?

I don't know...I've watched Pierce's Poly over the last couple of years and I'm just never sold on their staff. Whether it's their questionable personnel changes, weird play calling, or just lack of discipline. I'm not sold on them. 

No other teams standing out from the pack in NorCal just yet, but there are solid contenders to get in that 6-15 range.  I think it is late enough to say that there isn't a Grant '08 or Folsom '10 or '14 in group, but who knows

i agree with you on LBP, but think they deserve the nod at 5 over the rest of the traffic jam with the stars on their roster, especially QB

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

No other teams standing out from the pack in NorCal just yet, but there are solid contenders to get in that 6-15 range.  I think it is late enough to say that there isn't a Grant '08 or Folsom '10 or '14 in group, but who knows

i agree with you on LBP, but think they deserve the nod at 5 over the rest of the traffic jam with the stars on their roster, especially QB

Yeah, would be interesting to see another Norcal team like that rise soon.

Poly did this recent as two seasons ago but before every game their entire team would go to the opposing teams stand and players and but pretty much trash-talk them and call them out. Even the Poly coaches seemed to encourage it. It was just classless. If thats the type of message and culture they have at LBP it's not a surpise imo they've been a frontmat in the D-1 playoffs last couple of years

3 hours ago, coach_warren said:

The Rich Fisher guy from SM has college connections as he was a previous college coach and SM has not been in 3rd place or higher in league since what, 2011? He's the guy to turn around the program 

No offense, but I really don't think this means much. In fact sounds just like the Chuck Peterson info when he came to OLU. College/Air Force connections, big turnaround. That lead to a .500% record and zero titles of any kind. Heck Antonio Pierce has NFL experience  hasn't translated to coaching.

You could be right, but to me it's a stretch for RSMC. If the admin is all in then that will help. Other than JSerra their location is the most isolated in the TL. They got it done with Welch, so we will see. But I like the bold pick.

3 hours ago, Ararar said:

I've seen Chaminade up close when they had all the kids who transferred,they were not going to beat SJB with those kids let alone without them.Corson is an excellent coach but he will have his hands full with Serra in the Mission league 

I just don't see the line play in the Mission league as being on par with the TL and the likes. 

Crepi 86' is still the only Valley team to take the top CIF SS title and I do not see it changing this year with Nade.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Just gonna leave this here: no mention of vista murrieta. 

Vista Murrieta has not been really good since Cravens led team that had to forfeit all those games which costs them a SBG. Really kind of a rear view mirror team. I don't know if they are a top I.E. team?

1 hour ago, PrepGridiron said:

Just gonna leave this here: no mention of vista murrieta. 

And thats ok.

VM plays Mission Viejo, JSerra, OLU, and Murrieta Valley in 4 of the 5 weeks following Colquitt. If they deserve to be there, that'll get them there. If not... thats fine too. My guess is VM is a top 20-30 CA team this 2017 season. Nothing to write home about but not too bad.

Just last season...

Non Top 15 In-State teams can do a lot... GAs #18 Glynn Academy beat CO #2 Pomona 33-14, by 19... last year. And that was when Pomona wasnt banged up, and had just beaten Mullen & Valor Christian.

GA #32, GAC, lost to CO #1Valor Christian just 21-17 on ESPN. 

GA #39 Peachtree Ridge beat TN #6 McCallie 20-9.

GA #51 Callaway beat AL #22 Handley 42-28. 

GA #61 Etowah beat SC #5 Spartanburg 21-14.

GA #85 Creekside beat FL #58 Miami Norland 9-7.

VM has been a Top 25 CA team every year for the last decade. They are ranked 9th overall in CAs combined(Nor&So) Dynasty rankings the last 5 years.

No excuses.

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Cen10 is truly just a bad matchup for DLS.

If Cen10s 2015 team couldnt beat them, it may never happen.

You mean it may never happen again, right? Cause they beat 'em in 2008 with Martinez and Burfict.

While it may indeed not be the best matchup for CC, it's not like it's been a complete mismatch. They've faced off 5 times and 3 of the games were decided by 7 points or less, including the Huskies lone win. The other two games were decided by 20 and 21 respectively, but one of those games CC put up 42 points on DLS's vaunted defense -- the most they've ever surrendered during the Lad/Alumbaugh era. The CC offense surely isn't the best matchup for DLS.

17 hours ago, coach_warren said:

MD coaching staff will ruin a wet dream. Last year was their best chance to beat Bosco.