OT-Kaepernick

AztecPadre

Just now, Mjd33 said:

Not saying I agree with tebow situation. He is a terrible passer but got a raw deal on the jets. 

its just simply a league not meant for running Qbs for the most part. as you can see if your mobile and you use your legs more then your arm your gonna get killed. 

14 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

What exactly is he being blackballed for tho?  I keep hearing that he brings a lot of baggage or off the field decisions but what are those exactly?  Taking a knee during the national anthem?  He wasn't the only one.  He was the first but not the only one.  Probably not the last. Also many players have done much worse like actually hurting a child or their girlfriend or whatever and have been welcomed back.  But taking a knee is where the owners are drawing the line?  Head scratcher. 

Kneeling for the anthem was a biggie, then following it up with the Castro shirt did not help his cause whatsoever. I'm sure owners are concerned with what else he might use the NFL QB platform for, potentially harming the owner's business in the process. Sometimes you got to know when to hold 'em, and know when to fold 'em. Saying and doing whatever the hell you want, although legal, can have consequences. Particularly for those in the public eye, but even for us on this board.

As a die hard 49er fan who has watched him for years, going back to UNR days, no way he should get signed. Forget his stance on shit, if he can play he should get signed.

But as others have said he has regressed. He could never read a defense, locked onto his first read and could not make the progressions. Physically he is not the same. Pair that with his judgement skill set and I just don't see why a team would take a flyer on him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Kneeling for the anthem was a biggie, then following it up with the Castro shirt did not help his cause whatsoever. I'm sure owners are concerned with what else he might use the NFL QB platform for, potentially harming the owner's business in the process. Sometimes you got to know when to hold 'em, and know when to fold 'em. Saying and doing whatever the hell you want, although legal, can have consequences. Particularly for those in the public eye, but even for us on this board.

Forgot about the Castro shirt.  

Just now, HSFBfan said:

michigan could lose week 1 and put them on a very hard path to the final 4 in the CFP. Then theres that looming date with OSU which i believe OSU beats them thats 2 losses and they are done. 

Yup. And they lost a ton on Defense. I also am not crazy about their QB's. Maybe a little step back from last year. But as long as Harbaugh's there, they will still be in the discussion of top teams.

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

true but i dont believe Harbaugh will win this year either. 

He has two 10-3 seasons in his first two at Michigan, and his system is only becoming more familiar within their program. And he is recruiting like a mofo.

I have no idea if he'll ever win a national championship, but I'm sure there are some Bama fans puckering up just a bit with Harbaugh in the college ranks again. Just a little shat in the drawers, HSFBfan?

Just now, legendsofthefall said:

Yup. And they lost a ton on Defense. I also am not crazy about their QB's. Maybe a little step back from last year. But as long as Harbaugh's there, they will still be in the discussion of top teams.

yea will the be top 10 probably. Will go to a rose bowl very possible. but a national championship no. It will be very interesting to see if Zaire has that florida offense actually scoring points

• Like 1

Just now, maxchoboian said:

He has two 10-3 seasons in his first two at Michigan, and his system is only becoming more familiar within their program. And he is recruiting like a mofo.

I have no idea if he'll ever win a national championship, but I'm sure there are some Bama fans puckering up just a bit with Harbaugh in the college ranks again. Just a little shat in the drawers, HSFBfan?

Im not worried about him at all. Can he win a big ten title before he ever worries the likes of Alabama

Give him a couple more years. If you don't acknowledge that, you are either lying, or just too caught up in the run Bama has had.

You really think hes gonna beat Urban meyer and OSU. I really cant see it. I believe has his number. Lot easier to recruit at OSU then Michigan

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

You really think hes gonna beat Urban meyer and OSU. I really cant see it. I believe has his number. Lot easier to recruit at OSU then Michigan

Harbaugh got thumped by OSU his first year, then, lo and behold, they went to double OT last year in Columbus. Yes, I think he will eventually beat OSU.

5 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Harbaugh got thumped by OSU his first year, then, lo and behold, they went to double OT last year in Columbus. Yes, I think he will eventually beat OSU.

OSU didnt have the best team either tho last year. remember they got shut out in the CFP. The only team in the country that could beat Alabama this year could be FSU but i doubt it

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

OSU didnt have the best team either tho last year. remember they got shut out in the CFP

But OSU will have powerhouse teams from here on out? And there were probably some bad calls by the refs against OSU in the 2 OT game last year, right?

It will be very unlikely Jim Harbaugh never beats OSU. It doesn't take a genius, or even someone who follows football casually, to see this.

But OSU will have powerhouse teams from here on out? And there were probably some bad calls by the refs against OSU in the 2 OT game last year, right?

It will be very unlikely Jim Harbaugh never beats OSU. It doesn't take a genius, or even someone who follows football casually, to see this.

didnt say they will have powerhouse team. just saying that if OSU can beat Michigan with a good team and not a great team imagine what they will do with a great team. If there were bad calls against OSU wouldnt that speak to OSU beating Michigan by more or in regulation. Im not saying it takes a genius to beat OSU but it also isnt easy to do. Michigan needs a rock solid QB. I know they are bringing in McCaffrey. itll be interesting to see what he will do