OT-Kaepernick

AztecPadre

2 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

take their team over the top to a SuperBowl appearance,

He's not good enough to do that. His mechanics have regressed according to his college coach at Nevada chris ault. He's got a smaller frame and has lost significant muscle mass after losing weight. And finally, Nfl defenses have caught up to the read option. 

3 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Right or wrong; He's being made an example of. I don't see him being signed either. Unless a team/owner feels with absolute confidence that he will take their team over the top to a SuperBowl appearance, I don't see it happening.

I agree. And he ain't taking a team over the top to a Super Bowl appearance. He's just not that good. Couple that with his off-the-field decisions, and he is not worth bringing to a team.

The Broncos are in dire need of a QB, and have a defense worthy of making a playoff run, as long as they have a serviceable QB. But although Kaepernick is better than what Denver has on their roster, I don't see them risking the disturbance that would come along with bringing him aboard, in return for his average/below average NFL QB abilities.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

He's not good enough to do that. His mechanics have regressed according to his college coach at Nevada chris ault. He's got a smaller frame and has lost significant muscle mass after losing weight. And finally, Nfl defenses have caught up to the read option. 

We agree. He should go Tim Tebow route and go to baseball. I recall he had a 90+ fastball in HS. He can remain in relative anonymity for a few years in the minors and maybe get lucky.

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

Im not buying he is not good enough. He is better then friggin Dalton or that clown the Jets have now.

Colin Kapernick stats from the last year he played in 2016

12 games played 59.2 completion percentage 2241 yards avg 6.7 yards 16 TD 4 int

andy dalton stats from 2016

16 games played 64 completion percentage 4200 yards avg 7.47 18 TD 8 Int

2 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Im not buying he is not good enough. He is better then friggin Dalton or that clown the Jets have now.

the problem is most fans have the picture of him taking 9ers to the super bowl in their heads... he's not that guy anymore. 

Jets have shitty QBs and Kaep is as good but that's not saying much and owners don't want the headache.... 

Just now, Mjd33 said:

the problem is most fans have the picture of him taking 9ers to the super bowl in their heads... he's not that guy anymore. 

Jets have shitty QBs and Kaep is as good but that's not saying much and owners don't want the headache.... 

Agree. Not sure I wouldn't do the same if I am an owner. I just think they should call it what it is. He is being black balled period. He is not on a roster because he is not good enough. He is not on a roster because no one wants the headache. Call it what it is.

5 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

doesnt he also want like 8m a year??

16 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Agree. Not sure I wouldn't do the same if I am an owner. I just think they should call it what it is. He is being black balled period. He is not on a roster because he is not good enough. He is not on a roster because no one wants the headache. Call it what it is.

What exactly is he being blackballed for tho?  I keep hearing that he brings a lot of baggage or off the field decisions but what are those exactly?  Taking a knee during the national anthem?  He wasn't the only one.  He was the first but not the only one.  Probably not the last. Also many players have done much worse like actually hurting a child or their girlfriend or whatever and have been welcomed back.  But taking a knee is where the owners are drawing the line?  Head scratcher. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

What exactly is he being blackballed for tho?  I keep hearing that he brings a lot of baggage or off the field decisions but what are those exactly?  Taking a knee during the national anthem?  He wasn't the only one.  He was the first but not the only one.  Probably not the last. Also many players have done much worse like actually hurting a child or their girlfriend or whatever and have been welcomed back.  But taking a knee is where the owners are drawing the line?  Head scratcher. 

comes down to $$. People feel that if Kaep is signed people are gonna boycott their team over his decision to kneel during our national anthem. If the owners feel they are gonna lose money on you then you are not gonna be signed as a starter at least in the league. There was an article that came out that said less people watched the NFL because of him which means that hurt the NFL financially

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Stupid as it is yes. He was the first one, he is the only free agent who took a knee, he is a QB the face of the team and he is black. Owners don't need much more in their frigged up minds.

• Thanks 1