OT-Kaepernick

AztecPadre

1 hour ago, Bormio said:

Probably should not have worn that shirt with Fidel Castro on it.

Oh shit... so much for Miami, lol!   Wasn't aware  of any baggage "other" than the anthem deal.  

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Yea, no chance Miami.   If it is Cutler, I don't think Don Strock or Earl Morrall need to worry about their backup rank order. :) 

Just now, golfaddict1 said:

Oh shit... so much for Miami, lol!   Wasn't aware  of any baggage "other" than the anthem deal.  

Yea, no chance Miami.   If it is Cutler, I don't think Don Strock or Earl Morrall need to worry about their backup rank order. :) 

you dont think they would sign cutler

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

What exactly is he being blackballed for tho?  I keep hearing that he brings a lot of baggage or off the field decisions but what are those exactly?  Taking a knee during the national anthem?  He wasn't the only one.  He was the first but not the only one.  Probably not the last. Also many players have done much worse like actually hurting a child or their girlfriend or whatever and have been welcomed back.  But taking a knee is where the owners are drawing the line?  Head scratcher. 

IMO, he's getting blackballed for not staying in his lane. And, I don't think its as much of a message to Kaep as it is to the rest of the league. 

• Like 1

Just now, HSFBfan said:

you dont think they would sign cutler

Sure, I think they could but I don't think he will be as effective as the guys I mentioned  (I'm going back some years).   A little sarcasm in there, but I've never been a big Cutler fan.  Morrall had a Hostetler Giants kind of run for the Super Bowl, the difference being Simms never returned while Griese did.  

Just now, golfaddict1 said:

Sure, I think they could but I don't think he will be as effective as the guys I mentioned  (I'm going back some years).   A little sarcasm in there, but I've never been a big Cutler fan.  Morrall had a Hostetler Giants kind of run for the Super Bowl, the difference being Simms never returned while Griese did.  

maybe thats why i didnt get the reference lol. 

• Like 1

Kap couldn't do anything last year until the game was out of hand and defense went vanilla. He was so inaccurate it was difficult to watch. He was light on int last year becuse he wouldn't throw to anyone that had a defender within a yard of him. He's been horrible last few years and never been able to read defenses well. He was good in SF when we had a great running game and a great defense to conceal his shortcomings. 

Think about it his way, he was beat out by Blaine GaBbert before he started taking his knees... That's how bad he was.... 

Add in the daily drama of his protest, you would be stupid as an owner to sign him. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

cant say I don't agree. Like others have said you must be prepared for the actions you take. I just think it is weak to say he isn't good enough. Not when considering some of the QB in the league today.

There's only a few teams in the league he may actually fit on with his read option skill set. Also, seems like NFL teams have figured out how to defend the read much better now.   Carolina may be best bet as a back up only. Doubt browns want to change offense... Ravens have Kaps old offensive coordinator but Flacco is still their qb when healthy. Maybe the Bills? 

Where do you think he fits in? 

19 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

There's only a few teams in the league he may actually fit on with his read option skill set. Also, seems like NFL teams have figured out how to defend the read much better now.   Carolina may be best bet as a back up only. Doubt browns want to change offense... Ravens have Kaps old offensive coordinator but Flacco is still their qb when healthy. Maybe the Bills? 

Where do you think he fits in? 

The team you mentioned, and I just think he is better then a few guys right now, Like Dalton, Fitzpatrick, Sanchez, McCown

You guys think the NFL has solved the read option or teams just don't want to get their QB hurt? Looking at college it's obvious that football is moving towards the dual threat and eventually that may be almost all that's left at which point the NFL will be forced to change.

Innovation is at the HS and college levels, the NFL is behind the times.

15 minutes ago, Bones said:

You guys think the NFL has solved the read option or teams just don't want to get their QB hurt? Looking at college it's obvious that football is moving towards the dual threat and eventually that may be almost all that's left at which point the NFL will be forced to change.

I think it is a little of both.  I would like to see how the kid a Lville develops as a passer. if he can check down to his 2nd and third read then take off, that kid is going to be incredible.

4 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

He's not good enough to do that. His mechanics have regressed according to his college coach at Nevada chris ault. He's got a smaller frame and has lost significant muscle mass after losing weight. And finally, Nfl defenses have caught up to the read option. 

I don't buy that. 

If you're going to use last season stats for Newton and Wilson, you're also going to have to take into account the injuries to the Panthers and the horrible offensive line for the other team.

5 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I think it is a little of both.  I would like to see how the kid a Lville develops as a passer. if he can check down to his 2nd and third read then take off, that kid is going to be incredible.

Not going to happen.

He should be playing WR now, before he gets to the NFL.

Some owners and coaches probably have secretly blacklisted him. So that takes them out of the equation. And some don't need a QB at all and don't want to pay him to be 2nd or 3rd string. And then there are teams who don't want a 2nd or 3rd string guy to be a media circus. He might not want to be a distraction, but he can help how the media acts. 

Personally im glad no one is taking the PC route and bringing this anti-police clown on board. His Twitter looks like some black panther movement, and since the owners are a bunch of old white dudes, I don't think your helping your cause with that. 

And for people to cry racism by looking at his stats, Tim Tebow has good stats outside of the completion percentage and won games but ultimately was too much of a distraction. Same with Michael Sam as well. It's not worth 2nd and 3rd string to bring that much useless attention 

Michael Vick got a second chance because teams though that his talent was bigger than the backlash, but obviously teams don't feel the same for Kaepernick 

55 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Personally im glad no one is taking the PC route and bringing this anti-police clown on board. His Twitter looks like some black panther movement, and since the owners are a bunch of old white dudes, I don't think your helping your cause with that. 

But damn... If he was as good as Aaron Rodgers, we'd see how hypocritical those old white dudes that have secretly black listed him could be...

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

But damn... If he was as good as Aaron Rodgers, we'd see how hypocritical those old white dudes that have secretly black listed him could be...

Yes I agree. Winning trumps all in the NFL business. But Kaepernick doesn't have that luxury. He is not Aaron Rodgers. Like i said. He is a 2nd and 3rd stringer at best. Maybe a starter for one of the worst teams, but no one wants that circus. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bones said:

Both. Lot more size with speed in NFL to stop it. Wilson for Sea is hard to stop because he's an accurate passer and very shifty runner. He and Cam only qbs in NFL that can do it successfully now. Cam is more power. 

Can't be paying someone $20 mill/yr and risk him getting hurt 20 times a game in NFL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorCalRuss said:

Just saw Miami qb prob out for year but I don't see them bringing Kap in. Kiko Alonso def don't like him, Kap had incident with Cuban reporter from there... Cuban population in Miami... but ya never know. 

They're going with Cutler. Adam Gase has already talked to him and Cutler has said he'll put off broadcasting to play for the Dolphins

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

Both. Lot more size with speed in NFL to stop it. Wilson for Sea is hard to stop because he's an accurate passer and very shifty runner. He and Cam only qbs in NFL that can do it successfully now. Cam is more power. 

Can't be paying someone $20 mill/yr and risk him getting hurt 20 times a game in NFL. 

I agree. These dual threat quarterbacks could break away from inferior speed/size in high school and some in college, but the NFL is where the elite athletes are.....the all-stars from college. There are a few examples, you gave (Newton, etc.), but NFL owners are looking for a QB that's going to be there for 10 years or more. They don't want to risk injury to their "franchise" QB. JMO.  

20 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

didnt say they will have powerhouse team. just saying that if OSU can beat Michigan with a good team and not a great team imagine what they will do with a great team. If there were bad calls against OSU wouldnt that speak to OSU beating Michigan by more or in regulation. Im not saying it takes a genius to beat OSU but it also isnt easy to do. Michigan needs a rock solid QB. I know they are bringing in McCaffrey. itll be interesting to see what he will do

tOSU's defensive fronts are some of the best in football.

Michigan lost a ton from last year's team. Much more than Ohio State. And if you go by the major recruiting sites, Ohio State is out-recruiting Michigan every year (and everyone else also barring perhaps Alabama).

Last year Ohio State failed due to a fundamentally flawed o-line.  There is little doubt that Meyer and his new OC will be focused on improvement (they are recruiting 4* and 5* kids to do so). Also, the offense is to go more up tempo/no huddle, which should help.

Harbaugh will get a victory eventually, but at the rate things are going and as long as Urban stays in Columbus, he'll get 1 or 2 out of every 5 IMO.

• Like 1