Trump's world....

DBP66

1 minute ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

So just random writers not affiliated with any paper or magazine?

ok

0-199

It doesn't matter who they are or who they write for.....a fact is a fact....that's all that matters....don't be scared....open that mind..why not try and dispute something in an article I post??..hummm....

Trump never lost a day in his life in your mind....🙄

22 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

It doesn't matter who they are or who they write for.....a fact is a fact....that's all that matters....don't be scared....open that mind..why not try and dispute something in an article I post??..hummm....

Trump never lost a day in his life in your mind....🙄

No need to buddy. Fact ain’t facts when the record is 0-199. Now that’s a fact!😉

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The New York Times

Justice Department Seeking to Question Pence in Jan. 6 Investigation

Maggie Haberman and Michael S. Schmidt
Wed, November 23, 2022 at 3:00 PM

Former Vice President Mike Pence during an interview about his book

Former Vice President Mike Pence during an interview about his book

The Justice Department is seeking to question former Vice President Mike Pence as a witness in connection with its criminal investigation into former President Donald Trump’s efforts to stay in power after he lost the 2020 election, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Pence, according to people familiar with his thinking, is open to considering the request, recognizing that the Justice Department’s criminal investigation is different from the inquiry by the House Jan. 6 committee, whose overtures he has flatly rejected.

Complicating the situation is whether Trump would try to invoke executive privilege to stop him or limit his testimony, a step that he has taken with limited success so far with other former officials.

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Pence was present for some of the critical moments in which Trump and his allies schemed to keep him in office and block the congressional certification of Joe Biden’s victory. An agreement for him to cooperate would be the latest remarkable twist in an investigation that is already fraught with legal and political consequences, involving a former president who is now a declared candidate to return to the White House — and whose potential rivals for the 2024 Republican nomination include Pence.

Thomas Windom, one of the lead investigators examining the efforts to overturn the election, reached out to Pence’s team in the weeks before Attorney General Merrick Garland appointed a special counsel Friday to oversee the Jan. 6 investigation and a separate inquiry into Trump’s handling of classified documents, according to one of the people familiar with the matter. Garland has said that the appointment of the special counsel, Jack Smith, will not slow the investigation.

Officials at the Justice Department declined to comment. A spokesperson for Pence also declined to comment.

The discussions about questioning Pence are said to be in their early stages. Pence has not been subpoenaed, and the process could take months, because Trump can seek to block, or slow, his testimony by trying to invoke executive privilege.

Trump has cited executive privilege to try to stop other former top officials from talking with investigators. While those efforts have generally been unsuccessful in stopping testimony by the officials to a federal grand jury, they have significantly slowed the process.

Trump’s efforts to slow or block testimony included asserting executive privilege over testimony from two of Pence’s top aides: his former chief of staff, Marc Short, and his general counsel, Greg Jacob. But both men returned for grand jury interviews after the Justice Department, in a closed-door court proceeding, fought the effort to apply executive privilege.

Pence, who rebuffed Trump’s efforts to enlist him in the plan to block certification of the Electoral College results, has been publicly critical of Trump’s conduct in the run-up to the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol and on the day of the attack, when members of a pro-Trump mob were chanting “Hang Mike Pence.”

During an appearance in New Hampshire in August, Pence indicated he was open to appearing before the House Jan. 6 committee, which had been pushing to have him tell his story, but he offered a caveat.

“If there was an invitation to participate, I’d consider it,” Pence said at the time. But he added that he was concerned that speaking to a congressional committee would violate the doctrine of separation of powers between the executive and legislative branches. “But as I said, I don’t want to prejudge. If ever any formal invitation” came, he said, “we’d give it due consideration.”

However, in interviews for the release of his new book, “So Help Me God,” Pence has been more emphatic in his opposition to providing testimony to the House committee, asserting that “Congress has no right to my testimony” about what he witnessed.

“There’s profound separation-of-powers issues,” Pence told The New York Times in an interview. “And it would be a terrible precedent.”

But Pence, according to people familiar with his thinking, sees the Justice Department inquiry differently given that it is a criminal investigation. His testimony could be compelled by subpoena, though none has been issued.

The former vice president is being represented by Emmet Flood, a veteran Washington-based lawyer who served as the lead Trump White House lawyer dealing with the investigation by Robert Mueller, the special counsel, into possible conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia in 2016.

Flood is representing several other top White House officials who find themselves as witnesses in the range of congressional and Justice Department investigations into Trump, including Short.

An increasing number of high-ranking officials in Trump’s administration have received grand jury subpoenas as part of the Justice Department’s inquiry into a wide array of efforts to overturn the election, including a plan to create fake slates of pro-Trump electors in key swing states that were won by Biden.

The wide-ranging subpoenas sought information on a host of subjects that included the fake elector plan, attempts to paint the election as having been marred by fraud and the inner workings of Trump’s main postelection fundraising vehicle, the Save America PAC.

The effort to seek an interview with Pence puts both the department and the former vice president in uncharted territory.

Pence is considering a campaign for president in 2024, in a race that Trump has already announced his candidacy for. And Biden’s Justice Department is seeking to use Pence as a potential witness against Trump; either could end up as rivals to Biden should he run again, which he has indicated is likely.

Pence has written in detail in his book about Trump’s efforts to stay in power and the pressure campaign he imposed on his vice president beginning in December 2020.

Among other interactions he describes, Pence details how Trump summoned him to the Oval Office on Jan. 4 to meet with a conservative lawyer named John Eastman, who repeatedly argued that Pence could exceed the ceremonial duties of overseeing the Electoral College certification by Congress. Eastman was promoting the notion that Pence had the power to set aside the results from states where Trump was still trying to challenge the outcome.

Pence writes about telling Trump that he did not have such authority. In an interview with the Times in connection with the book, Pence was forceful, saying that he was blunt with Trump that he could not do what he wanted.

“In the weeks before Jan. 6, I repeatedly told the president that I did not have the authority to reject or return electoral votes,” Pence said in the interview. “It was clear he was getting different legal advice from an outside group of lawyers that, frankly, should have never been let in the building.”

In that period of time, Trump began to publicly pressure Pence, as well as officials in Georgia, to go along with his efforts to remain in office. At the same time, Trump began using his Twitter account to try to draw a crowd to Washington for a “protest” at the Ellipse near the White House on Jan. 6, the day of the congressional certification.

The Times has previously reported that Pence’s chief of staff, Short, called Pence’s lead Secret Service agent, Tim Giebels, to his West Wing office Jan. 5, 2021. When Giebels arrived at Short’s office, the chief of staff said that the president was going to turn on the vice president and that they would have a security risk because of it, a conversation that Short described to the House select committee. The committee released a video snippet of Short discussing it at one of its public hearings this year.

Trump addressed the crowd at the Ellipse at midday Jan. 6 and again pressured Pence, whom he had called a few hours earlier in a further effort to persuade him to go along with the last-ditch plan to block the certification. In his address at the Ellipse, Trump said: “You’re never going to take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”

He went on: “So I hope Mike has the courage to do what he has to do. And I hope he doesn’t listen to the RINOs and the stupid people that he’s listening to.”

A short time later, Trump’s supporters marched to the Capitol, where Pence was. Hundreds of them stormed the building, smashing windows and barreling through doors, forcing Pence, his wife and his daughter to flee his office in the Capitol and take refuge on a loading dock underground. He stayed there, working to try to get the situation under control, as Trump watched the coverage of the riot on television at the White House.

Pence wrote about the experience in his book and has since described his anger that Trump was “reckless” and “endangered” Pence and his family.

Despite Pence being a witness to a range of Trump’s actions in office, an interview of the former vice president would be the first time that he has been questioned in a federal investigation of Trump.

Pence was in the room for many of the key events examined by Mueller in the obstruction investigation, but Pence’s lawyer at the time managed to get him out of having to testify.

The lawyer, Richard Cullen, met with Mueller and his team, telling them that Pence believed Trump had not obstructed justice and what he would say if questioned.

Mueller’s team never followed up to question Pence, and he was never cited as a witness against Trump in Mueller’s final report.

• Haha 1

Politico

Trump has (yet another) bad legal day

fe0fd1341059c3426e2ccc1a73549dc5

Rebecca Blackwell/AP Photo

Kyle Cheney and Meridith McGraw
Tue, November 22, 2022 at 8:35 PM

It was a nightmare day for Donald Trump in court. Again.

The former president has had no shortage of legal and political setbacks since leaving the White House. But in recent weeks, the sheer volume of acute threats — both criminal and civil — have put Trump in a vise unlike any he’s faced before.

On Tuesday, those threats expanded. The Supreme Court put years of Trump’s tax returns in the hands of House Democrats, and a three-judge appeals court panel — which included two of Trump’s own appointees — appeared poised to rule resoundingly in favor of the Justice Department, in a case involving its seizure of documents from Mar-a-Lago.

Trump has not been convicted of any crimes and professes his innocence and victimhood in all matters. But as he mounts his third bid for the presidency, the squeeze being put on him by prosecutors and legal adversaries casts an increasingly ominous shadow. Among them:- 

• Attorney General Merrick Garland has appointed a special counsel — public corruption prosecutor Jack Smith — to oversee the Mar-a-Lago probe, as well as matters arising from Trump’s effort to subvert the 2020 election and prevent the transfer of power to Joe BIden.

• The Jan. 6 select committee is preparing to unload a massive report and 1,000 witness transcripts that could provide more explosive evidence about Trump’s attempt to subvert the 2020 election, and fuel DOJ’s ongoing criminal probe of the matter.

• Trump’s business empire has been placed under the watch of monitor Barbara Jones, a consequence of New York Attorney General Tish James’ lawsuit alleging widespread fraud by Trump, his businesses, and family members.

• An Atlanta-area district attorney has reached deeply into Trump’s inner circle to obtain testimony about Trump’s effort to overturn the 2020 election in Georgia. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Tuesday became the latest witness to provide substantive testimony to the special grand jury.

This week’s mounting legal headaches come as Trump continues to fend off political foes and chart out his place in an evolving social media landscape. For now, Trump has decided to stay on his own media platform, despite an invitation from Twitter owner Elon Musk to allow Trump back on the site. But even that was complicated by troubles. The delayed merger between Trump’s own social media venture and a blank check company that would take it public brought renewed concerns about potential securities violations that would give political opponents additional fodder and give way to more investigations.

Trump is no stranger to legal binds and predictions of imminent doom. His political obituary was written amid the probes launched by Special Counsel Robert Mueller in 2017, as well as an ensuing impeachment inquiry into his effort to pressure Ukraine to investigate his political rivals. It’s led to a perverse mentality — the more under siege Trump seems, the more animated his base becomes and the more he dominates the political conversation, crowding out potential rivals.

It’s a dynamic Trump and his team is acutely aware of, and one that served as a rallying cry during Trump’s 2024 presidential announcement at Mar-a-Lago last week.

“It’s unbelievable that Democrats have been trying to get his tax records ever since he announced in 2016,” a person close to Trump said. “If they can do that to him, imagine what 87,000 new IRS agents can do to everyday Americans.”

But Trump is now bereft of his most potent defense: the office of the presidency itself, which provided protections and procedural roadblocks for investigators that are no longer at his disposal. Instead, courts have rejected his efforts to assert executive privilege in ways he was able to while in office and shot down his and his allies’ repeated efforts to stymie criminal and congressional investigators.

And the limits of Trump’s post-presidential pull were apparent in this month’s midterm elections, when predictions of a “red tsunami” were met with Democratic resilience in a number of seats once thought to be within Republicans’ grasp.

Despite the disappointing results, the ex-president plowed ahead with making his presidential announcement, in part as a way to help protect him from those legal investigations he faces. Multiple people familiar with his announcement plans said he felt strongly about sending a message of strength by not delaying it, even though top party officials asked him to hold off until after the Georgia Senate runoff election in December. There was a belief that he would effectively freeze the field and potentially shield himself legally.

There were political benefits as well. Trump’s team saw a spike in fundraising and popularity after the search of Mar-a-lago in August, and the former president has found sympathy with certain voters who view him as a political victim.

As the legal dominoes fell on Tuesday, people close to Trump were touting his strength in early 2024 primary polls and his campaign promoted articles that questioned the integrity of the special counsel.

“It makes him look like a political fighter. He is the master of framing,” said a Republican strategist close to Trump’s team. “And he wants to be a political martyr.”

1 hour ago, Warrior said:

I’m sure this jibberish made sense in your head before attempting to type it. 

So you are saying you would actually talk about the content of a particular post if it does not contain an article from a respected paper?  

Interesting.  Btw, you have never answered my previous question, in fact none of you ever do, including ironman. Question was would you care if Trump did have the top secret documents he should not have had?  I mean ANY top secret from docs.  

4 hours ago, World Citizen said:

So you are saying you would actually talk about the content of a particular post if it does not contain an article from a respected paper?  

Interesting.  Btw, you have never answered my previous question, in fact none of you ever do, including ironman. Question was would you care if Trump did have the top secret documents he should not have had?  I mean ANY top secret from docs.  

I don’t do hypotheticals, I leave that to you libs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Warrior said:

I don’t do hypotheticals, I leave that to you libs.

LOL....wrong...it's not a hypothetical...he admits to having top-secret files and we saw pictures of them in his home...so answer the question you were asked....🙄

would you care if Trump did have the top secret documents he should not have had?.....

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

LOL....wrong...it's not a hypothetical...he admits to having top-secret files and we saw pictures of them in his home...so answer the question you were asked....🙄

would you care if Trump did have the top secret documents he should not have had?.....

I’m from Missouri- Show Me anything DJT has done is illegal and without precedent.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Warrior said:

I’m from Missouri- Show Me anything DJT has done is illegal and without precedent.

he stole top-secret files and didn't return them when given the chance because he thinks they belong to him....that's without precedent...how about answering the question now....man-up!...🙄

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Warrior said:

and how about calling election officials up in Ga. and begging them for votes!?!...or how about starting an insurrection!?....or how about lying about his property values to cheat on his taxes?!?..or how about paying his employees by giving them apartments/tuition to avoid giving them salary....🙄

• Haha 1

So it looks like Mo, Larry and Curly had diner the other night?!.....🙄
NBC News

‘F---ing nightmare’: Trump team does damage control after he dines with Ye and white supremacist Nick Fuentes

Marc Caputo
Fri, November 25, 2022 at 6:24 PM

Former President Donald Trump distanced himself Friday from a pre-Thanksgiving dinner at his Mar-a-Lago club in Florida with Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, and white supremacist Nick Fuentes, claiming he didn’t know the identity of the far-right activist who was unexpectedly brought along with the rapper.

“This past week, Kanye West called me to have dinner at Mar-a-Lago. Shortly thereafter, he unexpectedly showed up with three of his friends, whom I knew nothing about,” Trump said Friday in a statement on his Truth Social platform.

“We had dinner on Tuesday evening with many members present on the back patio. The dinner was quick and uneventful,” Trump said. “They then left for the airport.”

A person familiar with the dinner conversation who is not involved in Trump's presidential campaign and two Trump advisers briefed on the dinner corroborated Trump's claim that he didn't know Fuentes' identity when they dined together. The three sources spoke on condition on anonymity given the nature of the controversy.

- ADVERTISEMENT -

But despite Trump suggesting that the event was “uneventful,” the fallout over his dinner with Fuentes appears to have thrown Trump’s campaign into damage control mode. The former president took hours to respond publicly after multiple media outlets reported that Fuentes was present at the dinner.

Even the two Trump advisers winced at how a Holocaust denier like Fuentes was able to wind up with Trump at dinner — even if it was by mistake — along with the rapper, who had just had his Twitter account restored but lost major endorsement deals for making antisemitic remarks.

Nick Fuentes, far right activist, holds a rally at the Lansing Capitol, in Lansing, Mich., Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2020. (Nicole Hester / Mlive.com / Ann Arbor News via AP file)

Nick Fuentes, far right activist, holds a rally at the Lansing Capitol, in Lansing, Mich., Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2020. (Nicole Hester / Mlive.com / Ann Arbor News via AP file)

"This is a f---ing nightmare," said one longtime Trump adviser who spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of stoking the former president's ire at "disloyal" people who criticize him. "If people are looking at [Florida Gov. Ron] DeSantis to run against Trump, here's another reason why."

All three sources familiar with the dinner told NBC News there was one glaring inaccuracy in Trump’s statement: Trump knew one of the three “friends” brought by the rapper, Karen Giorno. She was the Trump campaign's Florida director in 2016 and the former president knows her by name and sight, the sources said. In addition to Giorno and Fuentes, Ye also brought along another man who was an associate, according to the sources.

The source familiar with the dinner conversation said the dinner grew heated after Ye — who announced another run for president in 2024 on Thursday — asked Trump to be his running mate. Trump then began insulting Ye’s ex-wife, Kim Kardashian, according to the source and a video that Ye posted to Twitter on Thanksgiving Day recounting the dinner.

The source also said Fuentes is helping to advise Ye in his second presidential campaign. The rapper has said the campaign would be managed by Milo Yiannopoulos, a far-right provocateur and former Breitbart editor who was banned in 2016 for inciting a racist campaign against comedian Leslie Jones.

Ye, Fuentes and Yiannopoulos declined to comment on the dinner.

Details about the dinner began to emerge on Twitter Wednesday when a Politico reporter tweeted that Ye and Fuentes had been spotted at Mar-a-Lago. The conservative website Timcast confirmed Fuentes's presence at the dinner, followed by Axios.

The porous nature of Mar-a-Lago, where anyone with connections can run into Trump, has long been a concern of his advisers. It’s also helped land Trump in the sights of a federal investigation after the FBI in August executed a search warrant at the club in search of documents marked classified that the federal government says Trump should not have possessed.

Trump’s statement on Truth Social did not disavow antisemitism or racism, but his campaign in a follow-up message pointed to Trump’s support of Israel, the Abraham Accords Middle East peace deal his administration reached and his opposition to antisemitism in Iran.

But Trump has also embraced antisemitic tropes and figures, implying that American Jews have dual loyalty to Israel and saying that there were "very fine people on both sides" at the white supremacist "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017. Fuentes attended that event, and after Trump said he denounced white supremacy at the rally, Fuentes denounced him for that.

In his video debrief, Ye said that “Trump is really impressed with Nick Fuentes. Nick Fuentes — unlike so many of the lawyers and so many people that he was left with on his 2020 campaign — he’s actually a loyalist [for Trump].”

The source independent of Trump’s campaign said Trump had planned to dine privately with Ye at Mar-a-Lago’s library, but he then said they should eat outside on the public patio. The former president also invited the others along.

The subject of racism and antisemitism didn’t come up, and Fuentes “presented as statistician. He was very knowledgeable of polls and Trump’s campaign. Trump was very impressed but Trump didn’t know who he was,” the source said.

Trump asked Fuentes about his 2024 announcement speech the week before and Fuentes criticized Trump for being too "teleprompter" scripted and having low energy, the source said. Fuentes and West, the source added, also said Trump should have issued a blanket pardon for everyone involved in the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021, which Ye’s video debrief also mentioned.

Trump also mentioned his adviser, Jason Miller, to Fuentes, who criticized the veteran operative for now running the social media site Gettr, which has banned Fuentes, according to a copy of a group text message exchange that Ye posted to Twitter Thursday.

Trump’s Truth Social platform, however, has verified Fuentes as a notable user.

At a certain point, the conversation turned tense and Trump began making his critical remarks about Ye’s ex, Kardashian. “That’s the mother of my children,” Ye protested, according to his video debrief.

Trump then grew animated about Ye challenging him. “You’re not going to win. You can’t beat me,” Trump told Ye, the source said. “Nick, you work for the guy, and just because you work for him, you’re going to tell him he can beat me? You just got finished telling me I was the best president ever.”

Ye said in his video debrief that Trump was angry.

“When Trump started basically screaming at me at the table telling me I was going to lose, I mean, has that ever worked for anyone in history?” the rapper said. “I’m like hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, Trump. You’re talkin’ to Ye.”

• Haha 1