Hoover 58 IMG 47 IMG was 17th nationally girls basketball.

HooverOutlaw

1 hour ago, Frosty4024 said:

Where can I find updated rankings?  All the ones I saw were from Dec 13th.

Here are the most recent MaxPreps ratings from 12/23:

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/iWUjy5cZPE6oBM48PcLIgA/high-school-girls-basketball-southern-californias-etiwanda-makes-jump-in-maxpreps-top-25-after-impressive-nike-toc-run.htm

Sidwell Friends took over the #1 spot after whipping DeSoto a few weeks ago--they haven't played since because of covid. DeSoto was huge but Sidwell was faster and had better shooters.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MA Fan said:

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/iWUjy5cZPE6oBM48PcLIgA/high-school-girls-basketball-southern-californias-etiwanda-makes-jump-in-maxpreps-top-25-after-impressive-nike-toc-run.htm

Sidwell Friends took over the #1 spot after whipping DeSoto a few weeks ago--they haven't played since because of covid. DeSoto was huge but Sidwell was faster and had better shooters.

Yeeesh! DeSoto out there thinking they're those Old Duncanville teams now.

As for Cedar Park.  They're like Katy.  Only State matters to them.  Won't surprise me if they drop out of the Top 25 completely because of this.

They are legit though.

1 hour ago, Frosty4024 said:

Yeeesh! DeSoto out there thinking they're those Old Duncanville teams now.

As for Cedar Park.  They're like Katy.  Only State matters to them.  Won't surprise me if they drop out of the Top 25 completely because of this.

They are legit though.

When you play a top 100 team on the road in basketball it is going to be a war.  If you play say 8 top 100 teams and go 6-2 you are a great team. 

Home court or playing with home state refs is a big deal in top basketball.

2 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

That guy Prentice is a great guy I talked to him Monday he was at the ball n prep tournament. Probably the smartest guy on girls high school basketball in the country.

I wish she would move to Hoover for her senior year. Lol

Yall don't need her.

Wonder if Georgia or South Carolina has her on lockdown recruiting-wise?

7 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

FBC is a legit AAU club. I certainly would rank FBC over Essence and some of these other Nike sponsored teams.

bgw

Yall got me on this is don't keep up with aau basketball at all when it comes to teams. I usually just look for the Ga players or potential KU recruits.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MA Fan said:

Desoto is an old school type team using 3 post players and setting up half court plays instead of scoring on fast breaks, dribble drive and 3 pointers. Sidwell is like what we do at Hoover wanting to run, fast break, superior guard play and 1 post player.

Most of your top 100 girls teams run fast break guard driven offense instead of a halfcourt offense.

Post players vs a fast break offense get in foul trouble often.