Why is Saban pissed ?

Wildcat Will

1 minute ago, FreeBird said:

Prolly a good amount but let’s talk img, they got a new HC every two years why do the top kids go there consistently for last 10-12 years, it’s not the coaches, they go there cause the name of school and how Good of Facility and equipment they got, Bama probably spent more on their locker room then all HBCU schools football budgets combined 

Youre babbling. No one denies Deion has made JSU, but you’re delusional if you think Saban hasn’t rebranded Bama since he got there. 

just as IMG has infused $$ into their program, JSU has done the same since Prime has arrived. 

you don’t understand the recent surge in interest with HBCUs, you’re blind to what’s happening.  It’s not just sports where interests has increased with HBCUs.  

• Like 2

I think the problem with HBCUs and smaller schools drawing top athletes is that in general, not always true, they don't play the competition to showcase how good the payers are.  Obviously this is far from a universal truth and I know it.  How many times on this board do people complain about a top ranked school not really playing the competition that proves the ranking?  To some degree, I think people ask is XYZ player really that good on a true comparison of talented peers or is he that good against players of lessor talents that often wind up on the lower levels of college ball.  I am a firm believer in and an example of needing to find the right fit for college so I know there are lots of reasons for students to attend particular schools that are more of a match for them.  Perhaps the level of competition will rise to the point that smaller schools (including HBCUs because they are smaller) will be able to compete with the higher level programs but I think that may be a triumph of hope over experience. 

As others have pointed out, the quality and resources of the top programs rivals those of NFL teams.  I personally know several Georgia Tech players and the resources a program like that puts into making the players successful is astounding!  I can't and don't speak for other programs (or Tech for that matter) but I can't imagine they don't do similar things.  IMHO, if you don't make it at a major school (not related to something athletic like an injury), you are a major screw-up.  They don't just kick people out on a whim.  After all, they have huge investment in these athletes.  I would speculate that the smaller schools just don't have the resources and never will to provide that kind of support.  I don't want to play to the stereotype of the "dumb jock" because I know better.  Having said that, there are those that need the extra help either academically or just life coaching.  They've never been exposed to the type of things they will be as someone being paid a lot of money because of their athletic skills.  Far too many flame out in college or as young pros because they don't have the coping skills.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Youre babbling. No one denies Deion has made JSU, but you’re delusional if you think Saban hasn’t rebranded Bama since he got there. 

just as IMG has infused $$ into their program, JSU has done the same since Prime has arrived. 

you don’t understand the recent surge in interest with HBCUs, you’re blind to what’s happening.  It’s not just sports where interests has increased with HBCUs.  

Painful isn't it.  I prefer to let ones ignorance shape him until reality teaches him.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

N.C. A&T   They have already arrived.  Both men and Women.  They beat Duke in Football a few years back and their road map just like JSU is on track.  I support both and excited for the next 5 years with both.  Each Will be shocking College sports very soon.  They have arrived in T&F boys and Girls.  They will be running past your school in a few weeks. 

NC A&T 4x400 relay team

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

N.C. A&T   They have already arrived.  Both men and Women.  They beat Duke in Football a few years back and their road map just like JSU is on track.  I support both and excited for the next 5 years with both.  Eacj  Will be shocking College sports.  They have arrived in T&F boys and Girls.  They will be running past your school in a few weeks.

Respectfully, beating Duke in football is not the same as beating Georgia or Alabama.  Don't get me wrong, I have tons of respect for Duke but it isn't the same.  Also, I'm not belittling NC A&T.  I just think your analogy is a little suspect.

I think T&F is an area where smaller schools have the ability to compete with the big boys as it is more based on an individual's talent.  Yes, coaching and support matters but an individual has a little easier route to success.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fred said:

Respectfully, beating Duke in football is not the same as beating Georgia or Alabama.  Don't get me wrong, I have tons of respect for Duke but it isn't the same.  Also, I'm not belittling NC A&T.  I just think your analogy is a little suspect.

I think T&F is an area where smaller schools have the ability to compete with the big boys as it is more based on an individual's talent.  Yes, coaching and support matters but an individual has a little easier route to success.

OK show me the other small school that is doing what NC A&T is doing in Track and Field.  I will let the NCAA 100 & 200m champ explain it.  Yes she won both.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

OK show me the other small school that is doing what NC A&T is doing in Track and Field.  I will let the NCAA 100 & 200m champ explain it.  Yes she won both.  

You didn't read what I wrote or didn't comprehend it.  I explicitly said small schools including HBCUs *CAN* compete with anyone in T&F.  I said *FOOTBALL* can't consistently compete with the big boys.  The resources to be competitive in T&F are nowhere near what football requires and as a result is a much more level playing field.

14 minutes ago, Fred said:

Show me one HBCU team better than Duke at Lacrosse 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Fred said:

You didn't read what I wrote or didn't comprehend it.  I explicitly said small schools including HBCUs *CAN* compete with anyone in T&F.  I said *FOOTBALL* can't consistently compete with the big boys.  The resources to be competitive in T&F are nowhere near what football requires and as a result is a much more level playing field.

I READ IT.  NO SMALL SCHOOL OR HBCU ARE DOING OR HAVE DONE WHAT THEY HAVE THE LAST 2 YEARS.  They had a focus to achieve this.  Hell no school has done what their kids have the last 2 years in T&F.  They are the exception and exceptional.  You can't comprehend this because you are stuck on football.  An HBCU beating duke was a big deal.   And I am trying to let you understand JSU is using this model to build 1 football team to beat the Bama's and Miami.  Go back and listen to what Deion has said.  He don't want his kids beat up for a payday.  But that day is coming along with A&T. 

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I READ IT.  NO SMALL SCHOOL OR HBCU ARE DOING OR HAVE DONE WHAT THEY HAVE THE LAST 2 YEARS.  They had a focus to achieve this.  Hell no school has done what their kids have the last 2 years in T&F.  They are the exception and exceptional.  You can't comprehend this because you are stuck on football.  An HBCU beating duke was a big deal.   And I am trying to let you understand JSU is using this model to build 1 football team to beat the Bama's and Miami.  Go back and listen to what Deion has said.  He don't want his kids beat up for a payday.  But that day is coming along with A&T.

Let's have this discussion in ten years.  IF the small schools and HBCUs are able to grow and sustain that level of operations, then more power to them.  Jackson St is doing it on the strength of Deion's personality.  As others have stated, many players want to play for specific coaches.  If Prime Time stays the course, there is a pretty good chance the program can grow and be sustainable.  The problem is the amount of resources out of a small school budget that a high level program requires forces some very hard choices programmatically. I worked in higher education for a long time at a school that became wealthy through a series of extremely fortunate circumstances and even there hard choices had to be made.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fred said:

Let's have this discussion in ten years.  IF the small schools and HBCUs are able to grow and sustain that level of operations, then more power to them.  Jackson St is doing it on the strength of Deion's personality.  As others have stated, many players want to play for specific coaches.  If Prime Time stays the course, there is a pretty good chance the program can grow and be sustainable.  The problem is the amount of resources out of a small school budget that a high level program requires forces some very hard choices programmatically. I worked in higher education for a long time at a school that became wealthy through a series of extremely fortunate circumstances and even there hard choices had to be made.

Fair enough.  I am stating that for the 1st time HBCUs are having an Awakening and the Culture appeals to black kids.  Even kids at Miami hang around FAMU and same in Texas.  Best believe every black kid at UT and A&M knows bout TSU and PVA&M.   Now when you start getting kids transferring in with  focus to change things it will motivate others.  Saban should chill on attacking JSU.  

https://hbcugameday.com/2022/05/20/deion-sanders-jsu-go-after-five-star-alabama-target/

Now Deion Sanders and Jackson State have thrown their name into the mix. With Travis Hunter already on the squad along with fellow blue chipper Kevin Coleman catching passes from Shedeur Sanders, folks should know by now not to count the HBCU out. 

• Like 1

@Fred

Refreshing to have someone not agree but mature enough to articulate ones point without vitriol or ignorant rants.  You sir are welcomed any time.   If the most high find favor with us both 5 years from now we should have one heck of I told you so.  Peace be upon you brother.  Have a pleasant night. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

@Fred

Refreshing to have someone not agree but mature enough to articulate ones point without vitriol or ignorant rants.  You sir are welcomed any time.   If the most high find favor with us both 5 years from now we should have one heck of I told you so.  Peace be upon you brother.  Have a pleasant night. 

Well that’s bullsht all @Freddid was copy and paste what I said and put it into complete sentences 🙃🙃

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fred said:

This is spot on. I think it’s great if HBCU are making a run. Hell I hate the Raiders. But growing up there was always a strong influence with Al Davis and HBCU with the Raiders and my old man would always talk about the HBCU players. 

https://www.raiders.com/photos/photos-raiders-who-played-at-hbcus-2021

Maybe there is a push? But is it because Deion is at JSU and will it fade? Don’t forget the huge buzz when Tony Gwynn took over at San Diego State and all the talk of CWS titles for SDSU everyone was predicting under his reign and every top hitter in America would be heading there. I loved Gwynn, but he produced a .500 record and although he was sick at the end, the hype machine did not match the results.

Again I just base a lot of this on 2022 generation of kids and this era. Maybe I’m wrong?