Meanwhile gas in china 11$

Ga96

3 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

That’s not what I’m saying. You continue to tell me I’m saying something I’m not.

I’m saying since there is a dead blade in the grass then there is brown in the grass. You’re saying the blade of grass that we’re all looking at isn’t there. 

Hong Kong isn’t in China, you’re a genius, and the election was stolen… always right all the time! 

So - being intellectually honest - when someone states that gas in China is $11, your immediate assumption is not that they are saying that gas is, on average, $11 in the country of China. Your honest, immediate take is "They mean that there is at least one gas pump - and maybe ONLY one - in the entire country of China that is priced at $11, even if every other pump in the country is priced at half that".

200.gif

• Like 1

People really should stop reading and watching propaganda sites and channels and educate themselves on how the oil industry really works. In truth the US Govt and the President don't have and can't have much influence on the prices..

This article lays out how the oil and gasoline industry and pricing works.. If anyone is actually interested in the truth

https://finmasters.com/why-are-gas-prices-so-high/?utm_source=FBads&utm_medium=Facebook_Desktop_Feed&utm_campaign=Personal Finance US&utm_content=US - PF - FB feed&utm_term=Gas prices&fbclid=IwAR3z_40bwRqEWHpBCPKkD-D-WHa32Jjizi5SKIjqqdGSGuDqHlBKyrvMZiw

What could the US do to make gas cheaper?

The US government actually does not have much power to reduce gas prices. The government does not control the oil industry (we’re not Saudi Arabia) and can’t order companies to increase output or open new refineries. Even if US output rose 1 mbpd to match peak levels the impact on global prices would not be large.

The government could reduce taxes, but as we saw above, state taxes are larger than federal taxes.

Dropping sanctions on Iran and Venezuela could increase supply and push prices down but it will take years for these countries to ramp up production. It wouldn’t be a quick fix.

So there’s not much government can do. If there’s one consolation, it is that oil price spikes do pass. High prices encourage producers to ramp up production and provide capital to expand. They also encourage users to cut back and use fuel more efficiently.

If history is any guide, prices will fall, not because of anything government does, but because that’s the way oil markets work.

• Thanks 1

Concha, is disingenuous at best, and 

On 6/16/2022 at 2:02 PM, OldTerrapin said:

People really should stop reading and watching propaganda sites and channels and educate themselves on how the oil industry really works. In truth the US Govt and the President don't have and can't have much influence on the prices..

This article lays out how the oil and gasoline industry and pricing works.. If anyone is actually interested in the truth

https://finmasters.com/why-are-gas-prices-so-high/?utm_source=FBads&utm_medium=Facebook_Desktop_Feed&utm_campaign=Personal Finance US&utm_content=US - PF - FB feed&utm_term=Gas prices&fbclid=IwAR3z_40bwRqEWHpBCPKkD-D-WHa32Jjizi5SKIjqqdGSGuDqHlBKyrvMZiw

What could the US do to make gas cheaper?

The US government actually does not have much power to reduce gas prices. The government does not control the oil industry (we’re not Saudi Arabia) and can’t order companies to increase output or open new refineries. Even if US output rose 1 mbpd to match peak levels the impact on global prices would not be large.

The government could reduce taxes, but as we saw above, state taxes are larger than federal taxes.

Dropping sanctions on Iran and Venezuela could increase supply and push prices down but it will take years for these countries to ramp up production. It wouldn’t be a quick fix.

So there’s not much government can do. If there’s one consolation, it is that oil price spikes do pass. High prices encourage producers to ramp up production and provide capital to expand. They also encourage users to cut back and use fuel more efficiently.

If history is any guide, prices will fall, not because of anything government does, but because that’s the way oil markets work.

Concha, is disingenuous at best, and a slippery slimy bigoted provocateur of BS that spews garbage daily regardless of topic. That man is an A-hole and enjoys it. Mr Funny Man thinks it's cute. He knows how gas prices along with other commodities are set, but prefers to be a political hack for the laughs. In general the industrial nations of the world pay for fuel and heavily tax it so the public shells out more money per liter/gallon then so call third world $hit holes that have large oil reserves of their own, but dirt poor citizens (Venezuela, Libya, Iran, Algeria, etc.).  Again, with the tit for tat over Hong Kong and China, Concha is being an A$$hole. I know two accountants living in Beijing who by China standards make a very high salary. They make the U.S. equivalent of $2,000 per MONTH or $461 per WEEK or $11.54 per 40 HOURS. The price of gas all over the world is relative to that country's standard of living. Gas isn't cheap in China. Exxon Mobil's first quarter (January thru March 2022) profit was $ 5,480,000,000. Those who think Joe Biden has a bigger influence over the price of gasoline then Exxon and others also thought Trump was a great president...Duh, It figures.   

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

Concha, is disingenuous at best, and 

Concha, is disingenuous at best, and a slippery slimy bigoted provocateur of BS that spews garbage daily regardless of topic. That man is an A-hole and enjoys it. Mr Funny Man thinks it's cute. He knows how gas prices along with other commodities are set, but prefers to be a political hack for the laughs. In general the industrial nations of the world pay for fuel and heavily tax it so the public shells out more money per liter/gallon then so call third world $hit holes that have large oil reserves of their own, but dirt poor citizens (Venezuela, Libya, Iran, Algeria, etc.).  Again, with the tit for tat over Hong Kong and China, Concha is being an A$$hole. I know two accountants living in Beijing who by China standards make a very high salary. They make the U.S. equivalent of $2,000 per MONTH or $461 per WEEK or $11.54 per 40 HOURS. The price of gas all over the world is relative to that country's standard of living. Gas isn't cheap in China. Exxon Mobil's first quarter (January thru March 2022) profit was $ 5,480,000,000. Those who think Joe Biden has a bigger influence over the price of gasoline then Exxon and others also thought Trump was a great president...Duh, It figures.   

Ahhh.. bitter, satisfying words from a dumbass who I've beaten like a $2 hooker for some time now. 🤣

So now pointing out that HK is but a small part of China and is not the same as China as a result is "disingenuous". LMAO. 

As if Dumbass knowing two accountants in Beijing is in the slightest relevant. Hey! I've actually been to Hong Kong! Guess what that has to do with it? NOTHING, Dumbass. 🤣

This will probably be incomprehensible to Danny, but what the Chinese pay for gas - even in Hong Kong! - is utterly fucking meaningless to the average American trying to make ends meet today. Ponder that, you imbecile.

7 hours ago, concha said:

Ahhh.. bitter, satisfying words from a dumbass who I've beaten like a $2 hooker for some time now. 🤣

So now pointing out that HK is but a small part of China and is not the same as China as a result is "disingenuous". LMAO. 

As if Dumbass knowing two accountants in Beijing is in the slightest relevant. Hey! I've actually been to Hong Kong! Guess what that has to do with it? NOTHING, Dumbass. 🤣

This will probably be incomprehensible to Danny, but what the Chinese pay for gas - even in Hong Kong! - is utterly fucking meaningless to the average American trying to make ends meet today. Ponder that, you imbecile.

Scared little man, you can't beat anyone verbally, physically, or intellectually. You're a F' ing loser who always throws out the ethnicity of your poor suffering wife as proof you're not a bigoted jackass. All one has to do is read a half dozen of your post to know otherwise. They speak for themselves. The world of your youth isn't coming back no matter how much you wish it.     

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dan in daytona said:

Scared little man, you can't beat anyone verbally, physically, or intellectually. You're a F' ing loser who always throws out the ethnicity of your poor suffering wife as proof you're not a bigoted jackass. All one has to do is read a half dozen of your post to know otherwise. They speak for themselves. The world of your youth isn't coming back no matter how much you wish it.     

Unsurprisingly, you don't have the slightest idea of what you're talking about.

My recognition of the BLM movement as a bullshit scam has nothing to do with racism. It has to do with BLM being a bullshit scam.

You are a pathetic simpleton who thinks voting for Dems and social programs paid for by others makes you virtuous. You either turn a blind eye or are too stupid to recognize the destruction this has wrought on the black family and community.

So save the dumbass "world not coming back" leftist talking point. You already sound stupid enough when you type your own thoughts, such as they are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, concha said:

LOL..."beaten like a $2.00 hooker"...you think you beat everyone here like a $2.00 hooker...too funny!!...your right-wing red neck talk is so ironic being that you have black children...and your Don Rickles act never gets old...you have reached legendary clown status here...keep up the good work champ!!.....🤡

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

EXACTLY!!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, concha said:

Unsurprisingly, you don't have the slightest idea of what you're talking about.

My recognition of the BLM movement as a bullshit scam has nothing to do with racism. It has to do with BLM being a bullshit scam.

You are a pathetic simpleton who thinks voting for Dems and social programs paid for by others makes you virtuous. You either turn a blind eye or are too stupid to recognize the destruction this has wrought on the black family and community.

So save the dumbass "world not coming back" leftist talking point. You already sound stupid enough when you type your own thoughts, such as they are.

It's telling that you believe any of your detractors would need to use the words of others to go back and forth with the likes of you. What a F'ing narcissist ( like your daddy Trump ). You're not that clever ( or intelligent ). And for the record, I've never mentioned BLM or my opinion of the organization on this or any other forum. I don't following them enough to know. Unlike yourself, I keep my mouth and finger tips silent when this is the case. But with the vast amount of hatred you have tossed at the group, there's no way we could have the same opinion of them. You're a hoodless racist, and I'm nothing like that.        

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dan in daytona said:

It's telling that you believe any of your detractors would need to use the words of others to go back and forth with the likes of you. What a F'ing narcissist ( like your daddy Trump ). You're not that clever ( or intelligent ). And for the record, I've never mentioned BLM or my opinion of the organization on this or any other forum. I don't following them enough to know. Unlike yourself, I keep my mouth and finger tips silent when this is the case. But with the vast amount of hatred you have tossed at the group, there's no way we could have the same opinion of them. You're a hoodless racist, and I'm nothing like that.        

Actually, I'm nothing close to that. You aren't even bright enough to realize that one of my main issues with them is that they've killed more people than they help and they draw focus and energy away from areas where real results might be achieved. I'm not surprised that this sails right over your head. You don't possess nearly the intellect to think meaningfully on your own. Joining the sheep and shouting the slogan is the most you're capable of. Meanwhile, people continue to die but at least the BLM "Marxists" are millionaires with nice properties. That's the important thing, apparently.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 2:28 PM, concha said:

So - being intellectually honest - when someone states that gas in China is $11, your immediate assumption is not that they are saying that gas is, on average, $11 in the country of China. Your honest, immediate take is "They mean that there is at least one gas pump - and maybe ONLY one - in the entire country of China that is priced at $11, even if every other pump in the country is priced at half that".

200.gif

So I can think that it means either gas is $11 a gallon at one pump or that it means $11 is the average of every single solitary gas pump in the entire country? I have exactly two choices? Lol.

I’d say you’re being intellectually dishonest, but you’re missing the first half of the requirement.

1 hour ago, GoBigBlack said:

So I can think that it means either gas is $11 a gallon at one pump or that it means $11 is the average of every single solitary gas pump in the entire country? I have exactly two choices? Lol.

I’d say you’re being intellectually dishonest, but you’re missing the first half of the requirement.

The point of the example soared over your melon.

People surprised?

Zero.