Top Texas Games - Week 1

WILKINSON

8 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Jayvon Thomas was hurt... he’s a superstar at running back

Carter Kopecky... whom is referred to as starter 1b is a much better passer and runner than the guy starting tonight 

don’t take these tidbits as excuses though... that offensive play calling to way too conservative to beat a 6a power

Yea we were talking about that play calling, it was very vanilla. Maybe it was a tactic to slow the game in hopes DV would make a mistake. They were more creative last year. I want to see what they do v Lancaster next week. Desoto is winnable game too

There is stilllllll one game being played right now and it's tied.

Cibolo Steele vs San Antonio Brennan. I think these two are the top two teams in the San Antonio area this year. Smithson Valley and Converse Judson are right there too. 

Cibolo Steele 28, SA Brennan 28 (4:08 remaining in the game).

Just now, WILKINSON said:

There is stilllllll one game being played right now and it's tied.

Cibolo Steele vs San Antonio Brennan. I think these two are the top two teams in the San Antonio area this year. Smithson Valley and SA Johnson are right there too. 

Cibolo Steele 28, SA Brennan 28 (4:08 remaining in the game).

Wow! Down to the wire. 

On 8/26/2022 at 5:28 PM, RedZone said:

7-7 halftime.

Hang in there Aug!

All this bullshit about St Aug  losing by 50 and 60 points ain't happening and people like steeler who predicted that are freaking out.

Steeler predicted a blowout and it was

You being the WAP that you are,  wouldn't take 14 points.  Tells everyone that you know the reality of Louisiana football

11 hours ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Jayvon Thomas was hurt... he’s a superstar at running back

Carter Kopecky... whom is referred to as starter 1b is a much better passer and runner than the guy starting tonight 

don’t take these tidbits as excuses though... that offensive play calling to way too conservative to beat a 6a power

The brotha on my right during the game was telling me that you'll have a Fr. QB that is going to be special.  I'm pretty sure he said the kid moved from Cali.  If true what's the word on him sir?  That SOC defends has some dudes.  They have a tough pre district schedule.  And went head up with 6A power.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedZone said:

St Aug moved up #334 spots at Calpreps. 

Let's talk about it in the los al. running clock thread. lmao

Another quality loss by St Aug and they could be a Top 100 team..... that's how it works for these little ca teams like los al, santa margaritaville, orange juice lutheran and etc.

😂

12 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

And?

10 points.

Lose by 25.

150 yards of offense.

Somehow you think calpreps makes this a good performance.

They moved the ball.....missed a chip shot FG, missed a long range FG and were in the Red Zone several times....BUT that's NOT the point.

The point is.....THEY DIDN'T GET RUNNING CLOCKED ON ESPN NATIONAL TELEVISION LIKE los al, ca.

Note: Desoto didn't do anything at all till late in the 3rd quarter and 4th when St Aug cramped up and lost 3 or 4 starters on defense. I have no excuse for that. The conditioning will come

You can't make los al bigger, faster and better though.

Lets talk about it in the los al running clocked thread....THEY GOT FLOORED!! lol

@Horsefly

Not football related but ridiculous.  Too much of this B.S. 

BYU bans fan who yelled slur at Black player on Duke's women's volleyball team

https://www.espn.com/

The player, Rachel Richardson, who is the only Black starter on the team, was called a racial slur "every time she served," Richardson's godmother, Lesa Pamplin, said in a tweet.

"For far too long, individuals have been subjected to racist slurs, taunts, and threats like the unfortunate incident that happened to my goddaughter, Rachel Richardson, at BYU. It is unfortunate that this incident has only received attention after I tweeted about it," Pamplin, a candidate for circuit court judge in Fort Worth, Texas, said in an emailed statement.

"Every American should be enraged that a young lady was subjected to hateful, demeaning language, and we should be even more outraged that it took a tweet from me in Tarrant County, Texas, to bring this incident to light," the statement continued

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

@Horsefly

Not football related but ridiculous.  Too much of this B.S. 

BYU bans fan who yelled slur at Black player on Duke's women's volleyball team

https://www.espn.com/

The player, Rachel Richardson, who is the only Black starter on the team, was called a racial slur "every time she served," Richardson's godmother, Lesa Pamplin, said in a tweet.

"For far too long, individuals have been subjected to racist slurs, taunts, and threats like the unfortunate incident that happened to my goddaughter, Rachel Richardson, at BYU. It is unfortunate that this incident has only received attention after I tweeted about it," Pamplin, a candidate for circuit court judge in Fort Worth, Texas, said in an emailed statement.

"Every American should be enraged that a young lady was subjected to hateful, demeaning language, and we should be even more outraged that it took a tweet from me in Tarrant County, Texas, to bring this incident to light," the statement continued

Ok, what needs to start happening is folks need to walk over to the loudmouth and beat the hell out of them. A good old fashioned a$$ kicking and they’ll change their behavior. All this pleading, begging and asking isn’t working. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Ok, what needs to start happening is folks need to walk over to the loudmouth and beat the hell out of them. A good old fashioned a$$ kicking and they’ll change their behavior. All this pleading, begging and asking isn’t working. 

Exactly.  No compromise. 100% violence on the perpetrator. .  The next time that mofo would give pause.  Notice they are usually protected or away.  Not coming to you face to face with that B.S.  imagine being a dad and hearing that directed at your girl.  It's a collective outrage for us mainly when we see this happen. 

• Like 1