Top Texas Games - Week 1

WILKINSON

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Exactly.  No compromise. 100% violence on the perpetrator. .  The next time that mofo would give pause.  Notice they are usually protected or away.  Not coming to you face face with that B.S.  imagine being a dad and hearing that directed at your girl.  It's a collective outrage for us mainly when we see this happen. 

I read an article where she was even threatened by a man to watch her back going to the bus. All for having the audacity to play volleyball!  😠 

35 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I read an article where she was even threatened by a man to watch her back going to the bus. All for having the audacity to play volleyball!  😠 

That was more troubling.  I thought making Jackie Robinson endure indignities just to play baseball was the price.  2022 calling you racial slurs for volleyball.  The nerve of her to serve something other than food 🙄 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

The brotha on my right during the game was telling me that you'll have a Fr. QB that is going to be special.  I'm pretty sure he said the kid moved from Cali.  If true what's the word on him sir?  That SOC defends has some dudes.  They have a tough pre district schedule.  And went head up with 6A power.  

I’ve been hearing about him... I thought he went to Holmes middle school in oak Cliff.. didn’t know he came from Cali... but the freshman dominated Duncanville and they put up 96 points during a scrimmage  

but the obvious best QB on varsity is sophomore Carter Kopecky

I realize  I’m biased towards SOC, but I truly believe they would’ve easily won that game with him at the helm

The touchdown passes thrown by SOC in its scrimmage were all thrown by him (including his very first pass).. surprised he didn’t get the start

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

I’ve been hearing about him... I thought he went to Holmes middle school in oak Cliff.. didn’t know he came from Cali... but the freshman dominated Duncanville and they put up 96 points during a scrimmage  

but the obvious best QB on varsity is sophomore Carter Kopecky

I realize  I’m biased towards SOC, but I truly believe they would’ve easily won that game with him at the helm

The touchdown passes thrown by SOC in its scrimmage were all thrown by him (including his very first pass).. surprised he didn’t get the start

He came in for a series when the starter went down. But he didn’t attempt a run, it was a run play. 

10 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Yeah I saw that...

lol that senior was right back in... no way he was going to allow the world to see what his backup could do

Yea, but that’s on the coaches though. If the Soph is better, play him.  Completing just a few passes would have won the game  

• Thanks 1

On 8/27/2022 at 11:38 AM, playballintxandmi said:

In that case . . . any idea what factors have enabled PE to find unprecedented success for a TAPPS program? (I know nothing about Dallas PE)

Parish has been growing their reputation in the community for awhile in the academic and athletic areas. They’ve had a very good STEM program for some time. They had a very good and dynamic leader who just retired (Monaco). 

They have established themselves in the second tier of academic privates in a very competitive area. Their facilities are very cool, while a little unique (former corporate headquarters for Exxon/Mobil). They’ve invested in athletics and it’s paying off. There are a lot of people looking for a private school education for a variety of reasons and Parish can provide that and clearly can compete at a pretty high level.