Top Texas Games - Week 1

WILKINSON

4 hours ago, WILKINSON said:

🚨🚨 INCORRECT SCORE REPORTED🚨🚨

Houston C.E. King actually beat Crosby 63-7

Someone had reported CE King losing by that score. I was beginning to get a little worried there. They seem to be in good shape.

C.E. King travels to DFW to face Allen next week. 

@Horsefly @RedZone

Ok that’s more like it. Yes, CE King will be a handful. Should be a good game v allen 

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

As a whole maybe, but obviously PE is not. Them beating Aledo legitimizes their league. It’s a bigger statement than many may want to admit 

How good is Aledo supposed to be this year? Every power eventually falls off . . . admittedly I don't follow either program nearly enough to know if this is a commentary on Aledo or on the team that beat them.

6 minutes ago, playballintxandmi said:

How good is Aledo supposed to be this year? Every power eventually falls off . . . admittedly I don't follow either program nearly enough to know if this is a commentary on Aledo or on the team that beat them.

I watched the 2d half. Aledo looked about the same as they typically do. PE was bigger and slightly overall more athletic 

i think the win is more of a comment on PE and their program than one on Aledo. PE is not a garden variety TAPPS  program, they’re 3X state champs 

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I watched the 2d half. Aledo looked about the same as they typically do. PE was bigger and slightly overall more athletic 

i think the win is more of a comment on PE and their program than one on Aledo. PE is not a garden variety TAPPS  program, they’re 3X state champs 

In that case . . . any idea what factors have enabled PE to find unprecedented success for a TAPPS program? (I know nothing about Dallas PE)

13 minutes ago, Champa said:

Be interesting to see if King can compete with North Shore and Atascocita in district this year.

They've gain about 700 kids to their enrollment these past few years. Unless they build another school, they're not going back to being average, I don't think.

I watched their game v Crosby. They’re into bully ball more than clean and balanced execution. They’re very run heavy. I think they’ll struggle beating those two mentioned until they adapt their offense. 

1 hour ago, playballintxandmi said:

In that case . . . any idea what factors have enabled PE to find unprecedented success for a TAPPS program? (I know nothing about Dallas PE)

I’d have to look at their HC who was promoted in ‘16 and has won 3 consecutive titles since then. He also gets quality transfers too. 2 from this year I know, a LB (‘25) 22 offers and a 3*** DE (‘24) from Desoto 

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

P.E. in the next 4 weeks after beating 5A Power Aledo. A tough 5 week schedule.  

5A Champ SOC

4ADI Semi finalist LBJ now back to 5A 

4ADII Champ China Springs.

Yep! It’s going to be very revealing. 5A is struggling week 1. There is this loss then Crosby getting destroyed by 6A CE king and New Braunfels beating 5A power Ryan. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Huh?

Like public schools have to much tradition. The private schools will never be able to get enough of the really good kids to leave programs like Duncanville, DeSoto,SLC,Westlake. Play in front of 10,000 or 500. No kid grows up wanting to win the tapps championship.  

2 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Like public schools have to much tradition. The private schools will never be able to get enough of the really good kids to leave programs like Duncanville, DeSoto,SLC,Westlake. Play in front of 10,000 or 500. No kid grows up wanting to win the tapps championship.  

It’s 2022, kids don’t care about tradition. They wanna play with their friends and who they play with in their seven on seven teams.

It’s a much smaller world now. Kids from all over know each other due to Twitter, Instagram Snapchat etc. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

It’s 2022, kids don’t care about tradition. They wanna play with their friends and who they play with in their seven on seven teams.

It’s a much smaller world now. Kids from all over know each other due to Twitter, Instagram Snapchat etc. 

Don't hold your breath nobody cares about tapps in Texas. Yeah kids want to play with there friends but not at private schools here. Of the 247 players ranked in the 247 database in Texas for the 23 class only 11 go to private schools.

5 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Except a Bishop isn't a QB there and they only return 4 on both sides of the ball.  Yeah they'll be talented. But they're not experienced in "live situations."

They'll be aight after a couple of games.