DAVID Slays Goliath , Down Goes Delby, SJR your new 2023 state champs 🤼‍♂️

FreeBird

3 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

@Mickeybern

@hardhit1

can you explain how the scoring goes in wrestling, always confused the shit out of me

A decision is 3 team points--a win by 7 points or less

A Major Decision is 4 points--a win by 8 to 14

A technical fall is 5 points--match is halted when 1 wrestler reaches a 15 point spread

A pin or forfeit results in 6 team points

• Thanks 1

• FreeBird changed the title to DAVID Slays Goliath , Down Goes Delby, SJR your new 2023 state champs 🤼‍♂️
1 hour ago, Mickeybern said:

you boys are doing a lot better than I expected..came to wrestle...good for SJR   I don't like Delby

Did you watch the whole match, Sloan for joes , was losing 10-0 with 10 seconds left, Delby tries to get cute and go for pin and the Sloan kid reverses it and pinned him as time expired

@hardhit1 @SJR 04 @SJR89 watching that was straight goosebumps 

At one hour and 10 mins into video 

https://highschoolsports.nj.com/watch/42767

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

Did you watch the whole match, Sloan for joes , was losing 10-0 with 10 seconds left, Delby tries to get cute and go for pin and the Sloan kid reverses it and pinned him as time expired

@hardhit1 @SJR 04 @SJR89 watching that was straight goosebumps 

At one hour and 10 mins into video 

https://highschoolsports.nj.com/watch/42767

No  I came in with SJR up 21-9  I think it was 144    I figured there was an upset somewhere   Mullen lost about a month ago in the finals of I forget which tournament..2 years in a row Delby was heavily favored & lost..last year to BC & this year to SJR.. unbelievable

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

No  I came in with SJR up 21-9  I think it was 144    I figured there was an upset somewhere   Mullen lost about a month ago in the finals of I forget which tournament..2 years in a row Delby was heavily favored & lost..last year to BC & this year to SJR.. unbelievable

Few upsets, I think the match before or right after Delby #1 in state wrestler lost to joes kid who was ranked like 7th