JSerra (Cali)

sportsnut25

Matt Logan's name comes up every time there has been a big job opening the past few years, especially in the Trinity League...... Servite, Orange Lutheran and Santa Margarita all hired new coaches in the past few years and Logan was mentioned every time. The fact of the matter is that Logan is a very unique individual in that he does not want to leave Centennial for a school with much deeper pockets and better facilities. He has had plenty of opportunities to do so if he wanted. What he has done for Cen10 is truly amazing both on the football and in the community. As a person he is very admirable since his wife died at a young age from cancer about 10 years ago and he has raised 3 daughters on his own while overseeing a football factory. The one school that could change his mind would be Mater Dei. Logan was once as assistant or coached at a lower level at MD under Bruce Rollinson and the two are close. When the day comes that the Stache decides to hang them up, the job would be Logan's if he wants it.

Interesting quotes.

" what I'm hearing is the "transfers" burnout,Hartigan is a good Coach & toughguy no excuses,so he requires EVERYONE after a long Friday night to comeback early Sat. morning for film,reguardless of where you come from.At the shuttle by 6;00 am, home at 8;00 M-F August to now,the kids & parents get tired by their jr year it seems.I know that is part of it "

" Skipp, you mean like burning out a stud player like U of A's JJ Taylor by having him play freshman on Thursday, Varsity on Friday and freshman B on Saturday? I saw Varsity starters playing JV games the day before in each of the last 3 years. And there can be zero benefit of having players maditorily attend football weight lifting right BEFORE their heats in an official HS track meet. Disconnect between coaches and admin for sure. JSerra should have been a powerhouse "destination" school by this time. "

Hartigan is a very good coach. He led Clovis West to two wins over De La Salle and breathed life into JSerra. JSerra seems like a tough job though because of its location. It's not as close to the population and talent the other Trinity schools are. I imagine he had to push those kids because he lacked depth. At any rate, I'm sure he'll land something. Let's just hope he doesn't go the way of Troy Thomas into obscurity. 

On 11/21/2016 at 8:56 PM, PrepGridiron said:

Hartigan is a very good coach. He led Clovis West to two wins over De La Salle and breathed life into JSerra. JSerra seems like a tough job though because of its location. It's not as close to the population and talent the other Trinity schools are. I imagine he had to push those kids because he lacked depth. At any rate, I'm sure he'll land something. Let's just hope he doesn't go the way of Troy Thomas into obscurity. 

Bingo, being in San Juan Capistrano the school is isolated and has to fight for the top athletes from Mission Viejo and San Clemente. Basically duking it out with Mission Viejo H.S. and Santa Margarita.

4 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Bingo, being in San Juan Capistrano the school is isolated and has to fight for the top athletes from Mission Viejo and San Clemente. Basically duking it out with Mission Viejo H.S. and Santa Margarita.

Not a bad place to lay your head tho. Love me some San Juan Capistrano.  And the sparrows too. lol

Possible candidates...Troy Thomas (Crespi), Brian Barnes (Tesoro).

Hartigan was making Investment banker $$$ to be the JSERRA AD and coach.  Hard to believe he walked away on his own, unless he was told that a massive pay cut was pending.

A lot of talent in the area.  Ex NFL guys raising families/sons.  JSerra always had stacked Freshmen teams, even better than Mater Dei for many years.

10 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Possible candidates...Troy Thomas (Crespi), Brian Barnes (Tesoro).

Hartigan was making Investment banker $$$ to be the JSERRA AD and coach.  Hard to believe he walked away on his own, unless he was told that a massive pay cut was pending.

A lot of talent in the area.  Ex NFL guys raising families/sons.  JSerra always had stacked Freshmen teams, even better than Mater Dei for many years.

A lot of Pumas you mean, but not talent.