Aquinas rolls in kickoff classic, ready for Bosco

coach_warren

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Dillard is horrible.....Come on....

Dillard is actually pretty decent this year. They have a lot of transfers. That they kept it close for a half, though, could indicate either confirmation of my statement or an indication that ST Thomas is a little down from last year. Time will tell. 

13 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

STA usually plays vanilla for the KOC. 

But losing to Booker T week 1 is concerning. They started to look like the national top 10 team later in be year. 

Getting the kinks out before SJB is too late. Either they're ready or they're not. 

Whats SJB up to? Any game this week? Scrimmage? 

SJB played Long Beach Wilson. Thread with video on first page. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

They will not be nationally considered ,STA is, nobody gained by that scrimmage. Sould have played MC or AHP ....At least a Miami Dade team..

STA gains nothing from this. I agree with you there. Dillard probably gains as it gave them confidence that they could stop a great offense at least for a half. STA does not seem to be ready for a National power at this stage unless Dillard is a lot better than I think they are. This is possible, but for now I am a skeptic. 

5 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Dillard is horrible.....Come on....

You underestimate Dillard a bit.  They aren't a top tier Fl squad, but they are a large class playoff caliber school located a few miles away. Also they have a lot of history against each other.   Dillard has quite a few players that will play in college.    They have a 2019 DE that Bama and everyone else wants.  Plus they have speed in the skill positions.

They improved a bit last year but ran into a hot Carol City team in the playoffs.   In fact they should have beat Lake Gibson last year but blew the game.  Lake Gibson went on and gave Carol City a fight in the 6a title game.   Plus I hear they are better this year than last.  Here's some clips of them Vs Lake Gibson last year.  

9 minutes ago, 954gator said:

You underestimate Dillard a bit.  They aren't a top tier Fl squad, but they are a large class playoff caliber school located a few miles away. Also they have a lot of history against each other.   Dillard has quite a few players that will play in college.    They have a 2019 DE that Bama and everyone else wants.  Plus they have speed in the skill positions.

If a football game is played and nobody shows up to watch it, did the game actually happen?  Things that make you go hmmmmmm.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

I watched a little bit of it last night, but am waiting on CC and norcorss tomorrow.  The internet feed was pretty good.

Yeah the games yesterday and today leave A LOT to be desired. Tomorrow is a much better showing. Buford should cruise tonight but Hillgrove is a 7A team with 16-17 guys back so there's always that chance 

when does Texas get us started? 

2 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Yeah the games yesterday and today leave A LOT to be desired. Tomorrow is a much better showing. Buford should cruise tonight but Hillgrove is a 7A team with 16-17 guys back so there's always that chance 

when does Texas get us started? 

They were just allowed to,practice this week (majority of teams, those that had spring practices), full pads today, next week 1st scrimmages with 1st games sep 1.  Not a whole lot of time in between

• Like 1

Damn I forgot HSFB is closer to the college schedule. Oh well at least it means we get an extra week of football in December :)

who's looking to be the top teams this year? Desoto/Katy/Lake Travis/Allen? The woodlands for real again? 

PS sorry to  hijack the thread but when you catch Horsefly you gotta your Texas tea in while its hot 

16 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

If a football game is played and nobody shows up to watch it, did the game actually happen?  Things that make you go hmmmmmm.  

You'll hafta ask the 300 teams in metro ATL, who draw MAYbe 200 fans for a big time match up! The only big crowds you see up that way are those going to see ONE playa! I remember one season, when Hallford Stadium was PACKED OUT to watch KREGG LUMPKIN of Stephenson! And BOTH teams were 9-0! And Hallford holds 18,000!

32 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Damn I forgot HSFB is closer to the college schedule. Oh well at least it means we get an extra week of football in December :)

who's looking to be the top teams this year? Desoto/Katy/Lake Travis/Allen? The woodlands for real again? 

PS sorry to  hijack the thread but when you catch Horsefly you gotta your Texas tea in while its hot 

Allen, katy, Desoto, sachse, Lamar, lake Travis, ridge point will be a dark horse along with Permian.  Watch for cedar hill too, they have a lot of talent in the trenches. By playoff time they could be pretty good running behind their revamped OL.

• Like 1