GA 7A Title: Grayson def. Roswell 23-20 in OT

ECHS05

But seriously Buford is gonna need a 2014 Saban shift. Their lame ass offense isn't going to work in upper classifications. 

They need their Lane Kiffin.... 

In the last 7 quarters of state championship action, their offense hasn't earned a touchdown. That's a problem.  This run run rollout and punt bullshit has to stop. Their defense can only handle so much 

16 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

But seriously Buford is gonna need a 2014 Saban shift. Their lame ass offense isn't going to work in upper classifications. 

They need their Lane Kiffin.... 

In the last 7 quarters of state championship action, their offense hasn't earned a touchdown. That's a problem.  This run run rollout and punt bullshit has to stop. Their defense can only handle so much 

Completely agreed. They have far too much talent on offense to be this putrid and vanilla. They need to become more balanced & innovative. These kinds of offenses are becoming less & less effective... especially at higher levels. It worked great at the 2A & 3A levels... but the higher they get the harder it becomes. Last year in 4A they struggled more than in years past, and this year in 5A its been even more so.

As you said, for Buford... 94 minutes & 6 seconds of championship football, Bufords offense has scored 0 points. And in total only 7 points from special teams.

Last years 4A State Championship: 

Cartersville 10, Buford 0

This years 5A State Championship:

Rome 10, Buford 7

This is a problem for them. The defense has played great in both games. But the offense has done absolutely nothing. If it wasnt for them returning the opening KO for a TD itd be 10-0 again.

KNOX!!!!!!!! Special warrior. Never gonna be a high profile guy, but the man is a winner and a champion now. 

He put Rome on his back in the second half when their best player RB Griffin left the game due to injury. 

Rome controlled and handled this game after this kickoff. Buford goes down AGAIN.  Rome gets their first state championship!!!! 

28 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

Did anyone else just hear the announcers say, and I quote "I will put the top teams in Georgia against the top teams from Texas any day of the week".  Wonder how our Texas contingent feel about that statement?  Those are fighting words in the Lone Star State. Also, where are they moving the finals to next season?

First off mad respect for Georgia football.  like Texas dominated by hometown privates.  I take this as a compliment of how good Texas football is.  tho he is pumping Ga.  He really is saying Texas is the Mecca.  Here is my proof next weekend for the Texas Football championships in the Death Star live to the nation on Fox Sports not one announcer will mention Ga. or anyone else for comparison.  I have never heard that ever.  The best never does others do.  Thanks Jawjaa

• Like 1

For the first time in his long career, Buford has to go back to the drawing board. Wow. Two years through and Buford has not won a state title. First time I can say that since I was a youngster. 

Jess Simpson is the highest paid coach in Georgia at $174,000. His offensive coordinator and personally salary are officially on notice from the ATLien  

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

First off mad respect for Georgia football.  like Texas dominated by hometown privates.  I take this as a compliment of how good Texas football is.  tho he is pumping Ga.  He really is saying Texas is the Mecca.  Here is my proof next weekend for the Texas Football championships in the Death Star live to the nation on Fox Sports not one announcer will mention Ga. or anyone else for comparison.  I have never heard that ever.  The best never does others do.  Thanks Jawjaa

Thats because people like to say TX is the best. Thats the word... they are simply putting everyone on notice, GA has some football teams also... young playa.