For those Don Bosco fans who think that Colquitt is a Johnny come lately!!

ORabidOne

21 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Which DBP posters thinks that CQ is a Johnny Come Lately?? They are a respected program by everyone except NOR and Nole. Is that not good enough for you?? 

In 2013, I was a newbie on the Dallas Jackass national bode! And a Bosco comment to me was to the effect, that they had never HEARD of Colquitt! Were they public or private? And if they are public, we being Bosco, don't bother ourselves with a school such as that, if they don't draw their talent from a MINIMUM of 120,000 population! MY retort was, if Colquitt drew from 120,000, they would beat the NEW JERSEY ALL STARS! The shot heard round the world!

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

In 2013, I was a newbie on the Dallas Jackass national bode! And a Bosco comment to me was to the effect, that they had never HEARD of Colquitt! Were they public of private? And if they are public, we being Bosco, don't bother ourselves with a school such as that, if they don't draw their talent from a MINIMUM of 120,000 population! MY retort was, if Colquitt drew from 120,000, they would beat the NEW JERSEY ALL STARS! The shot heard round the world!

Then perhaps the thread title should be "For that Don Bosco fan..."

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I can only imagine what Rush Propst could do with the talent of an STA or a SJB...

Wow

2014 & 2015 Colquitt had a good bit of talent but nothing like SJB or STA this year.

Or even imagine him at Grayson.

Better yet... IMG. Hell IMG would have 11-12 running clock wins a year.

Yet 2014-2015 Colquitt sent 40 plus guys to the next level!

By the BY, TALENT ain't ALL it takes to win big! And Colquitt has ALL of the OTHER ingredients, make NO MISTAKE! The coaches at places like BG, Cent10, DLS, Allen, Katy, Mater Dei, STA, ST. John Bosco, Don Bosco, Miami Central, Booker T., and Bergen Catholic, couldn't carry Rush ProPst's and his assistant's jock! EVERY coach on his staff, and many previously, are college quality coaches! And a number have also gone on to head coach at good programs in the Southeast! In fact, one of Coach ProPst's former assistants, is the current DC at ALABAMA!

8 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Then perhaps the thread title should be "For that Don Bosco fan..."

I know the mindset of you preppy private school fans! Deep down inside, you don't think ANY public school can hang with you! If you'll notice, you boys RARELY play public schools in OOS games! HOPEFULLY, Bishop Sullivan will come to the HOG PEN with the private school big head like American Heritage did! Cause if they ain't ready, we'll KNOCK IT OFF their shoulders!:)

25 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I actually respect them more now after I seen the light. I once was lost, but now am found!!! God saved a wretch like me!!! 

Colquitt is the GA neighborhood bullies and no one wants to come play on the playground anymore!!! 

You'da thought that that 40-8 spanking Colquitt gave Tampa Plant, would have rankled your nuggies a tad!

24 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I can only imagine what Rush Propst could do with the talent of an STA or a SJB...

Wow

2014 & 2015 Colquitt had a good bit of talent but nothing like SJB or STA this year.

Almost as good as what Folsom did a few years ago when they had 14 running clocks in a 14-0 season. Lol.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Wow

Grayson can't AFFORD Uncle Rush! As it is, he's the second highest paid coach in the Southeast, behind the bottomless money sack at Buford!

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

You mean the best team in Georgia State history against the worst Plant team in a decade without their best player at the most important position??? 

Nuggies unrankled!!! 

Sometimes they just hang you the fattest curveball you ever seen.  Lol. In GA's case they seem to do that alot!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

You mean the best team in Georgia State history against the worst Plant team in a decade without their best player at the most important position??? 

Nuggies unrankled!!! 

That game COULD have been 100-0! As it was, there was a running clock in the third quarter! And I doubt very seriously if the Plant QB played D! That year, Colquitt beat the stuffing outta a QB going to Army, and one going to FSU!

2 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Curious as to what their OOS record for the last five years is... and do have money to travel ?

8-3 OOS! And Colquitt AIN'T traveling a 1000 miles, with their current athletic infrastructure! Three man radio crew, videographer and crew, 24 cheerleaders, 250 member band, Certified Athletic Trainer and college assistants, five high school trainers, two team doctors, 100 plus football players and equipment, tractor trailer rigs for the 50th Regiment Band, and the mobile football training room!

4 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Sometimes they just hang you the fattest curveball you ever seen.  Lol. In GA's case they seem to do that alot!

Nole Boy just can't get over the fact that we play better football in Georgia, than in the sunburn state! If it wasn't for Miami Central, STA, Amuuurcian Heritage, and Booker T., their state would be a FOOTNOTE on the national scene!

5 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

All you had to do was answer the question !???  Please tell us who and when Colquitt invited any BNU team to play ??? You can't and nobody takes you seriously.......Your becoming a fool....Look in the mirror and ask yourself," what did my retort accomplishment .......other than make me look like an idiot...

EVERYBODY that matters! And not NO, but HELL NO! I believe that it was either Bosco or Bergen who wanted $30,000 to come to Moultrie! But wanted to give Colquitt $12,500 to go to an area where motels are $300.00 a night!

2 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

What teams did they play and who beat you ?? Trying to get a feel for the nature of your competition...... The Bosco OOS performance has a little  more depth as well as diversity..

Colquitt lost to National Champion South Panola in 2010, #6 Hoover in 2013, and #11 American Heritage in 2016! And the reason why Bosco plays more OOS, is that your private schools stick together! RARELY will you see a private school play a big public school power, especially in the SOUTH!

And we AIN'T doing LOOOONG road trips! I talked with some Vista Murrieta fans last Friday night! And they said it cost $90,000 to make that trip! Now I ask you, with Bishop Gorman having more money than GOD, why don't THEY travel EAST?

20 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

8-3 OOS! And Colquitt AIN'T traveling a 1000 miles, with their current athletic infrastructure! Three man radio crew, videographer and crew, 24 cheerleaders, 250 member band, Certified Athletic Trainer and college assistants, five high school trainers, two team doctors, 100 plus football players and equipment, tractor trailer rigs for the 50th Regiment Band, and the mobile football training room!

send in the Marines.....Do you guys have a landing craft as well

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

All you had to do was answer the question !???  Please tell us who and when Colquitt invited any BNU team to play ??? You can't and nobody takes you seriously.......Your becoming a fool....Look in the mirror and ask yourself," what did my retort accomplishment .......other than make me look like an idiot...

Becoming????

That ship has sailed

• Haha 1