Am I too fat for football lol

Yeeticus

3 hours ago, Yeeticus said:

Hi I know cliche question, but everyone in my school has come up and told me to play football. I like the sport but I'm worried that I won't make the cut. I'm 6'3 and 300 pounds. 

Just give it try. You might be big but not strong or athletic enough to play. But you might be really good. You won't know unless you try. 

Everyone's afraid of failure. You gotta fight hard against that fear. Now's the time. 

Coming from an old guy, your life will go better for you overall if you do. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Yeeticus said:

Hi I know cliche question, but everyone in my school has come up and told me to play football. I like the sport but I'm worried that I won't make the cut. I'm 6'3 and 300 pounds. 

Yeeticus,

If you like the sport and want to give it a shot, you should go for it.  Football is a great game in that if you show up, bring a good attitude and work hard every day, most coaches will respect and appreciate that more than you can know (kids like that are usually why coaches want to be coaches in the first place), and there will be a spot for you on almost any high school football team.   Along the way you will learn something about yourself -- that you are capable of much more than you thought possible, discover that there are many ways to contribute  -- even if you aren't the star, and you will more than likely form new friendships as there is something about collective effort and struggle that brings us together -- and often those bonds can and do last a lifetime.

There are so many life lessons to be gained through sport (not just football) -- One of them is just the plain old satisfaction one gains from working hard and becoming better than when you started.  If you get just that out of the experience, you've already won no matter what the scoreboard reads.  

Good luck,  have fun, and keep us posted.  We'll be here rooting for you.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Yeeticus said:

Go for it young man.  Have fun, work hard, have a smile on your face and embrace all that life throws at you.  Don't worry about not making the cut.  Do your best and you will be fine.

How old are you? Are you going out for the Frosh, JV, or Varsity? Being that it is nearly Sept. weren't tryouts quite a while ago, so are you talking about this year or next year? If your talking about this year and you've never played organized football before you have a lot of ground to make up but If the coaches are willing to give you a tryout then go for it.