Horsefly' s TXHSFB 6A wk 2 rankings

Horsefly

7 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Horsefly has put together nice ranking - based on the situation in Houston.

I would have Desoto at # 2

After that it is crap shoot.  

So hard to rank the State of Texas.

Desoto when motivated can beat anyone!

I told people that CH could struggle this year with the new HFC.

When will the Houston schools start playing?

The NOLA schools only played 5 or 6 games after the flood waters left NOLA (Katrina) those that could even field a team. It was the worst year of football in Louisiana ever......affected the entire state.

I imagine a lot of Houston kids will play for new schools.....

Texas 6A AP Poll

Class 6A
1. Allen (17) (2-0)
2. Converse Judson (4) (2-0)
3. Katy (2) (0-0)
4. DeSoto (2) (2-0)
5. Austin Westlake (2-0)
6. The Woodlands (0-0)
7. Lake Travis (1-1)
8. North Shore (0-0)
9. Cibolo Steele (1-1)
10. Garland Sachse (2-0)
Others receiving votes: 11, Mansfield 15. 12, Tyler 9. 13, Coppell 5. 13, Cedar Hill 5. 13, Waco Midway 5. 16, Fort Bend Ridge Point 3. 17, San Benito 2. 18, Klein Collins 1. 18, Longview 1. 18, Southlake Carroll 1. 18, Arlington Martin 1

1 hour ago, Shady12 said:

Sachse is extremely talented. Are they THAT good though? They should be, but we'll see. Talent isn't at the top of the list of being a good football team. I think they'll rise to the occasion though.

Time will tell for every team, but "yes" sachse is that good in week 2.  They returned 14 starters off a one loss team that was beating the woodlands going into the 4th quarter last season.  IMO, this season, they will be the SAC from 2016

On 9/10/2017 at 10:29 AM, Horsefly said:

I'm only including teams that have played so far.  Houston should be back in the race his week and next, but until then they won't ge included.

allen- from all accounts they have a solid defense with an outstanding run game.  They willl need to be more balanced as they will  go up against other state level teams that can contain a run game.

sachse-this team was my favorite coming into the season and have not disappointed winning their 1st 2 games 96-6.  They have on paper the best DL and the best dual threat QB in his class.  Plenty of talent.  This is a team that has all the pieces to make this season special.

Judson-they return 14+ starters and have an explosive offense led by Julon Williams. They need to shore up their defense as the season progresses.  Consistency will be the key for them,  but in week 2, they are one of the states better teams,

Desoto-struggled week 1, but rebounded well week 2.  Another team with athletes and confidence from being a defending state champ.  If this team continues to improve, they will be a force come playoffs

duncanville-one word for the success of this program... Reggie Samples.  He turned around both Dallas Lincoln and skyline into powerhouses and has better facilities and a support network at duncanville.  They have dominated both of their games.   Look for them to be a force as the season progresses.  He also has some stud underclassmen too.

westlake-a solid program that will rely on their workhorse and Wisconsin RB commit Nakia Watson.  6'1 and 225 he's a load.  But their success will depend on him and staying healthy.

mansfield-another south Dallas area team with speed and athleticism.  Whipped cedar hill worse than Allen did. Again, maturation and consistency is key going forward.

martin-dominated two area blue bloods in skyline and SLC.  They have plenty of offensive firepower but will need to strengthen defense going forward.

lake Travis - one of the best coaching staffs in the state, will improve and be a force with 12 sophomores in the mix.  Very good program and that will get better as the season progresses.  LT vs westlake in a few weeks will be a good one.

steele-new coach, like cedar hill.  Has a chance in Region four div two.  Unless they improve in all areas, I see another SC loss.

note.  St pius X will play 5A power college station next week.  The #1 ranked TAPPS team.  This will be an interesting game to see where the best privates rate among Texas better public schools.

i expect katy, north shore, woodlands, Lamar, ridge point and Klein collins to be in the mix of top 15 teams once their season starts.

LT will rebound, but this defense needs a lot of improvement, to put it lightly. 

This is the youngest LT squad in the winning era, they are an underdog team. And they know that a state championship in 2017 goes through Judson, so they will have to defeat them to make a real playoff run. 

51 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

LT will rebound, but this defense needs a lot of improvement, to put it lightly. 

This is the youngest LT squad in the winning era, they are an underdog team. And they know that a state championship in 2017 goes through Judson, so they will have to defeat them to make a real playoff run. 

They may not win one this year, but I'm extremely confident these underclassmen will develop tremendously bw now and next season.  

On 9/12/2017 at 9:23 AM, TheRealCAJ said:

Texas 6A AP Poll

Class 6A
1. Allen (17) (2-0)
2. Converse Judson (4) (2-0)
3. Katy (2) (0-0)
4. DeSoto (2) (2-0)
5. Austin Westlake (2-0)
6. The Woodlands (0-0)
7. Lake Travis (1-1)
8. North Shore (0-0)
9. Cibolo Steele (1-1)
10. Garland Sachse (2-0)
Others receiving votes: 11, Mansfield 15. 12, Tyler 9. 13, Coppell 5. 13, Cedar Hill 5. 13, Waco Midway 5. 16, Fort Bend Ridge Point 3. 17, San Benito 2. 18, Klein Collins 1. 18, Longview 1. 18, Southlake Carroll 1. 18, Arlington Martin 1

"Sonic" not happy with the 2 placement.  

IMG_3122.PNG

On 9/12/2017 at 6:02 AM, Horsefly said:

In 2016 Ryan beat heritage 24-10 while aledo only beat them by 5, 41-36.  There are several chains to pull to show one way or another.  Ryan's blue chip QB was also hurt vs highland park along with the backup.  Theyll likely win another title as there is no one in their path noteworthy

I am just telling you - Aledo is the best 5A program in the state hands down!  Funny thing is all the schools you talk about are boarder line 6A - yet Ryan nor Manvel still didn't win state.

I am just saying everyone sleeps on Aledo and if you really start looking at who all they have beat - then you should realize Aledo is right there with the best.

4 hours ago, Texasball said:

I am just telling you - Aledo is the best 5A program in the state hands down!  Funny thing is all the schools you talk about are boarder line 6A - yet Ryan nor Manvel still didn't win state.

I am just saying everyone sleeps on Aledo and if you really start looking at who all they have beat - then you should realize Aledo is right there with the best.

This is Ryan's 2d yr in 5A, although they already have 2 titles from 01/02.  No doubt Aledo is ONE of the best 5A programs, , but they need to they play one of the top flight 6A programs, like Ryan and Manvel have