Horsefly 6A TXHSFB top 10 wk 5

Horsefly

Another week down.  Just saw katy vs Taylor. Katy looks pretty good and will be primed to challenge for another title.  If the divisions hold true as last year, 7 of the top 10 will be D1!  D1 should be a very competitive race.

1.  allen

2.  Katy

3.  judson

4. Sachse

5. Klein collins

6.  Desoto

7.  woodlands

8.  Duncanville- play cedar hill this will.  I expect Duncanville to make a statement

9.  lake travis

10.  Westfield

Westlake dropped out of my poll. They've had two close Games vs teams they should not have...not a top 10 team right now.

watchlist:

arlington

westlake

H Lamar

coppell

martin

Permian

Smithson Valley-this may be their best team since their title runs in the early 2000

SAC

midway

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Another week down.  Just saw katy vs Taylor. Katy looks pretty good and will be primed to challenge for another title.  If the divisions hold true as last year, 7 of the top 10 will be D1!  D1 should be a very competitive race.

1.  allen

2.  Katy

3.  judson

4. Sachse

5. Klein collins

6.  Desoto

7.  woodlands

8.  Duncanville- play cedar hill this will.  I expect Duncanville to make a statement

9.  lake travis

10.  Westfield

Westlake dropped out of my poll. They've had two close Games vs teams they should not have...not a top 10 team right now.

watchlist:

arlington

westlake

H Lamar

coppell

martin

Permian

Smithson Valley-this may be their best team since their title runs in the early 2000

SAC

midway

Smithson Valley vs Judson...what do you see happening in this game?

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

1.  allen

2.  Katy

3.  judson

4. Sachse

5. Klein collins

6.  Desoto

7.  woodlands

9.  lake travis

10.  Westfield

watchlist:

arlington

westlake

H Lamar

coppell

martin

Permian

SAC

midway

how much separation from Allen to Desoto?  Would you consider them to be on the same tier?  If not, where is the cutoff?

1 hour ago, Frosty4024 said:

Commerce, TX

In between 5A Sulphur Springs (Who just lost to freaking Longview-Pine Tree) and 5A Greenville (District Cupcake)

Also...Commerce is winless in 3A...

At least the college is #3 in D-II lol.

Yeah, that area is not a hotbed for FB right now, although a few yrs ago sulphur springs was pretty good

21 minutes ago, Grainraiser said:

There is not a top 10 on that list that I see as truly dominant. Judson would be the closest but like you say they seem to lose focus during the season. I think Duncanville is a year away from really challenging Allen for the top spot in DFW.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Klein Collins dominate D2. 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2017 at 9:05 PM, Horsefly said:

1.  allen

2.  Katy

3.  judson

4. Sachse

5. Klein collins

6.  Desoto

7.  woodlands

9.  lake travis

10.  Westfield

watchlist:

arlington

westlake

H Lamar

coppell

martin

Permian

SAC

midway

In picking Chill over DVille this week. 

On 9/30/2017 at 9:05 PM, Horsefly said:

1.  allen

2.  Katy

3.  judson

4. Sachse

5. Klein collins

6.  Desoto

7.  woodlands

9.  lake travis

10.  Westfield

watchlist:

arlington

westlake

H Lamar

coppell

martin

Permian

SAC

midway

I am not sold on Westlake,  but they do have time to improve.  Not sold on the offense and believe they will struggle vs better teams.  The defensive front 7 is pretty good - but will struggle to keep up with better passing teams and teams with quality skill guys IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

I am not sold on Westlake,  but they do have time to improve.  Not sold on the offense and believe they will struggle vs better teams.  The defensive front 7 is pretty good - but will struggle to keep up with better passing teams and teams with quality skill guys IMO

Exactly

15 hours ago, Texasball said:

Well, they have until next Friday to improve as they will be playing probably the best passing team in the state imo and the toughest team on their schedule.

29 minutes ago, DiaTX said:

Well, they have until next Friday to improve as they will be playing probably the best passing team in the state imo and the toughest team on their schedule.

This will be interesting game - I don't believe Westlake can keep up.  I hope they prove me wrong!

Lake Travis defense might allow Westlake to stick around or possibly win.