Top defenses in Georgia by ppg

Ga96

Newton would be the surprise in AAAAAAA.

But the reason these lists mean very little is...who have they played...when did they substitute defensive starters with underclassmen...and are they from Gwinnett County?

In 5 games...Colquitt has given up 108 points.  But I doubt anybody has played MORE different kids on defense than the Packers.  HC Hoon and his DC Rowell play the younger guys.  They try to make sure they win but they don't care about the score...offensively or defensively.  They want to give the younger kids the experience.

I truly like this philosophy.

So NO...we're not on the list.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fred said:

Grayson plays Newton this week.  Newton is picked by 17.  It will be interesting for sure because we are in the top 10 in points scored and fewest points allowed.  Newton is ranked above Grayson.  Our loss to Walton to start the season has hurt our rankings.

The Newton-Westlake game definitely shocked me. I was not expecting that outcome. Your game this week will let us know if that was a fluke or if somehow Newton is actually for real. I'm not sure about 17 points though. I would take that all day long if it was given to me. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fred said:

Grayson plays Newton this week.  Newton is picked by 17.  It will be interesting for sure because we are in the top 10 in points scored and fewest points allowed.  Newton is ranked above Grayson.  Our loss to Walton to start the season has hurt our rankings.

I would take the Embraceable Ewes and the points, and bet my VW Microbus, in a heartbeat.

29 minutes ago, Fred said:

Lowndes has a defense?  Where?

Well we have bodies on the field. adam carter just made it worse. If he would've just came in and not got in the way of anders our defense would've been pretty good. Too late now though. This is what the good ole boys want and that's what we are stuck with. Our current seniors along with Valdosta's were the first and only Georgia teams to ever win the pop warner nationals. The current juniors went undefeated their freshman year. With grage and carter those numbers especially starters and backups have been decimated.

2 hours ago, Ga96 said:

The packass defense is just a smidgen better than lowndes. Fact of the matter is Colquitt and Lowndes have both played 2 above avg teams and their real defenses showed up in those games.

Ina few weeks I guess we'll see if Colquitt and Lowndes have basically the same defense.

But the Hawgs have a couple of games to get by before then.

Rufus>>