Texas ISD Seeking to Build Nearly $100 Million Football Stadium

ShowtimeSpicer

11 minutes ago, ShowtimeSpicer said:

What's up everyone, I'm new here to the forums.

Wanted to share a video I put together on Prosper ISD seeking to build a $94 million dollar high school stadium (if this isn't allowed feel free to remove)

Was wondering what you guys thought about this? They just opened a $53 million stadium 4 years ago 😮

Welcome! Thanks for the post.

Dang I’m in the wrong business. I need to get into stadium construction. 

• Haha 1

Are the students in that district required to learn math, science, and English, or perhaps participate in music or theater?  Or do they just need to know how to hit someone?  

I’m all for having nice facilities, but how about spend half that, and spend the rest on, you know, actual education or the arts?  Seems like some priorities are a little out of whack.  They can’t build a a stadium for $50 million instead of $94 million?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seems a bit excessive and not needed to this degree? Can’t scale it back to something more practical.

What I’ve seen on Texas’ Permanent School Fund, looks like the PSF’s has reached their limits and there is insufficient capacity for debt from the state and lots of possibility for un-guaranteed bonds.

It’s not my property taxes that are gonna be raised, so sure, hell build two stadiums 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, ShowtimeSpicer said:

Wanted to share a video I put together on Prosper ISD seeking to build a $94 million dollar high school stadium (if this isn't allowed feel free to remove)

Was wondering what you guys thought about this? They just opened a $53 million stadium 4 years ago 😮

Well Prosper area did just open up another High School.  But hey...If the folks in the area agreed to it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/16/2023 at 3:39 PM, ShowtimeSpicer said:

Welcome aboard!  

I read an article a few nights ago about a bond hearing in a particular area for TX schools with plans listed and some planning to build or upgrade stadiums… but nothing like what you posted.  

On 10/16/2023 at 3:08 PM, reggid said:

Are the students in that district required to learn math, science, and English, or perhaps participate in music or theater?  Or do they just need to know how to hit someone?  

I’m all for having nice facilities, but how about spend half that, and spend the rest on, you know, actual education or the arts?  Seems like some priorities are a little out of whack.  They can’t build a a stadium for $50 million instead of $94 million?

On 10/16/2023 at 3:31 PM, Cossacks said:

Seems a bit excessive and not needed to this degree? Can’t scale it back to something more practical.

What I’ve seen on Texas’ Permanent School Fund, looks like the PSF’s has reached their limits and there is insufficient capacity for debt from the state and lots of possibility for un-guaranteed bonds.

It’s not my property taxes that are gonna be raised, so sure, hell build two stadiums 😂

For one, these facilities are utilized for a lot more than just football games.

Many of these new facilities are now hosting BOA and UIL marching events throughout the fall:

https://www.uiltexas.org/music/marching-band/area

These stadiums need to be large enough to accommodate 20+ bands that are 200+ & 300+ members large.

Another fact to take note is; a lot of these stadiums are being shared by 5-8 sometimes 10 high schools within their own school district. 

Challenger Columbia stadium - is shared by 5 6A high schools in Clear Creek ISD. Clear Creek, Clear Brook, Clear Lake, Clear Springs, Clear Falls.IMG_0365.jpeg.b5465ff022f58e0bee036da399b70a05.jpeg

Katy ISD - Legacy stadium is shared by 9 6A high schools along with their older Rhodes stadium.IMG_0367.thumb.jpeg.6edf6c6f0110a41860b17691ee596d0e.jpeg

Cypress Fairbanks ISD - To the north of Katy - Same thing 11 high schools share their stadium. IMG_0369.thumb.png.810309a275c1f00332499ac145aa7514.png

There are necessities for the large stadium capacities other than just football use 🙂

That’s just a small portion of 3 of the districts out of the 32 that are involved in the UIL playoffs or schooling competition districts.