michigan and harbaugh in trouble again.

Ga96

The NCAA is trying desperately to not run any further afoul of antitrust laws.  I wonder how long it will last in its current form.  The whole NIL thing is the start of a slide that no one has a clear view of the bottom.

That being said, I'm not sure I understand the whole no in person scouting of a team on the current year's schedule.  I understand what it is, I'm just not sure why it is.

4 hours ago, Ga96 said:

The best thing to come from harbaugh was those satellite camps he started. Unfortunately the SEC school cried about him recruiting kids that they had no interest in recruiting and the ncaa caved to them.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2439305-until-theres-a-national-rule-cfb-satellite-camps-will-hurt-sec-schools

It started the down fall of Prattville football. Some of their biggest money boosters pulled out after he had that camp.  They told the school if they allowed Michigan to hold that camp they would end financial support. The school allowed it and they pulled out.  Several schools turned him down before Prattville allowed it. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

It started the down fall of Prattville football. Some of their biggest money boosters pulled out after he had that camp.  They told the school if they allowed Michigan to hold that camp they would end financial support. The school allowed it and they pulled out.  Several schools turned him down before Prattville allowed it. 

Yeah that's a shame. People really wanted to kids to go without getting offers from their school then get an offer from anywhere else. 

That satellite camp is how micheal barrett from lowndes ended up at Michigan. The local D1s wanted him to ride the bench for 2-3yrs. Went to Michigan and contributed as a freshman.

2 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Yeah that's a shame. People really wanted to kids to go without getting offers from their school then get an offer from anywhere else. 

That satellite camp is how micheal barrett from lowndes ended up at Michigan. The local D1s wanted him to ride the bench for 2-3yrs. Went to Michigan and contributed as a freshman.

The Montgomery area is generally an Auburn strong hold and Prattville is probably 50/50.  Auburn at one point owned all of recruiting in Montgomery.

• Thanks 1