Week 6 Tiers

Sammyswordsman

37 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I would challenge this in 2017.   No way the #100 team stays with 21 points of Mater Dei.  I don't think that even the #25 team stays within 21 points of MD.

i don't even think the #100 team stays within 21 points  of the Tier 3 teams 

I’ve said many times I think the top of hsfb are stretching these historical statistics 

go back to 2012 — the year before the advent of superteams — and the numbers work

right now, the #1 team may be 21 points better than the #2 team

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pops said:

I’ve said many times I think the top of hsfb are stretching these historical statistics 

go back to 2012 — the year before the advent of superteams — and the numbers work

right now, the #1 team may be 21 points better than the #2 team

Exactly that's why the tiers are relevant now.   There is big separation between super teams and local regional powers 

4 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Valid points.  The Gonzaga win over Dematha did cause some ripples in the force.  

Vierra tied Cocoa in regulation on the road at Cocoa.  I consider that a draw for tier purposes.  Vierra has the win over Gonzaga and I can't drop them to Cocoas tier without dropping Dematha too.  This may happen tho.   Well see.

both Cocoa and Vierra have schedules that will vet them later in the year.

Cocoa has, Bartram, Pahokee then the playoffs...

Viera has the playoffs. The Hawks run over what is left on their schedule in the regular season.

I hope they see Columbia, Plant, Lakeland and Venice then STA.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

True, and they have the hardest schedule in the Nation bar none.

MD’s will be significantly better if they can finish 

theyre clise right now and MD finishes with SJB, Servite, Santa Margarita, J Serra, then track to have SJB/ CC winner + another top 25 + 2 other top 100-200, then DLS

the only team IMG has left that’s better than any of these teams is Hoover

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Valid points.  The Gonzaga win over Dematha did cause some ripples in the force.  

For now. I still say DeMatha is a better team. As I stated in another post DM/Zaga is a fierce rivalry that can go either way. Remember two years ago when Zaga beat them and DeMatha went on to roll to their league's state title? Not saying they'll do that this year. St. Frances and St. John's might have something to say about that. 

2 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Cocoa has, Bartram, Pahokee then the playoffs...

Viera has the playoffs. The Hawks run over what is left on their schedule in the regular season.

I hope they see Columbia, Plant, Lakeland and Venice then STA.

Venice is region 3 so they can only get sta or Venice 

The other 3 are very possible though 

I get what you are trying to do with this (despite some obvious bias). I have to agree with Pops that your tiers are too separated and should really be condensed. The parameters you have are not defined in a way to accurately "tier" these teams. 

As of now, the margin of error is huge in my opinion. I can dig it for entertainment purposes only. No way I would use this as a source for research though...

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I get what you are trying to do with this (despite some obvious bias). I have to agree with Pops that your tiers are too separated and should really be condensed. The parameters you have are not defined in a way to accurately "tier" these teams. 

As of now, the margin of error is huge in my opinion. I can dig it for entertainment purposes only. No way I would use this as a source for research though...

Bias?

WHAT????

15 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I would say the teams look to be in right place but the point separation of 10 per teir seems off

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I would say the teams look to be in right place but the point separation of 10 per teir seems off

Of course there may be outliers such as a low tier 3 being closer than 10 points to a high tier 4.

But the "spirit" of the tiers revolves around there being a general separation between one clump of teams and the other.

12 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Of course there may be outliers such as a low tier 3 being closer than 10 points to a high tier 4.

But the "spirit" of the tiers revolves around there being a general separation between one clump of teams and the other.

Just looking at the list, I can see many "upsets"/"outliers". How are you determining the sub-tiers that you just introduced?

Way too much subjectivity involved when determining the possible MoV if Team A played Team B. It seems the criteria used for evaluation varies from team to team.

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Just looking at the list, I can see many "upsets"/"outliers".

Way too much subjectivity involved when determining the possible MoV if Team A played Team B. It seems the criteria used for evaluation varies from team to team.

Examples please.....supported with season results as basis for your supporting documentation

22 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think you are really lagging on Colquitt. They are likely a tier three team at this time.

You have DeMatha in tier three and they would not whip Colquitt by multiple scores at all. I don't think they could even beat Colquitt for that matter, but this is your show so I'll let you turn the crank. 

This fool is saying that the tier ones would beat Colquitt by 30 PLUS! It's almost like he is looking at the Bishop Sullivan scores against SFA, AHP, and Colquitt, as FLUKES!

9 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Examples of anything to support what your point is.

I am open to ideas on how to improve the tiers.

For example, Cen10s actual on field result is nullified because of an injury to the QB. Are you applying this criteria across the board?

I'm more or less trying to dig into the methodology more than the actual placement of each team.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I would challenge this in 2017.   No way the #100 team stays with 21 points of Mater Dei.  I don't think that even the #25 team stays within 21 points of MD.

i don't even think the #100 team stays within 21 points  of the Tier 3 teams 

Then, how do you quantify having SFA and AHP so highly ranked in your poll? They barely squeaked by a team who you regard as a NOBODY! While tier FIVE Caulquitt BLEW OUT the same team!

18 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

Then, how do you quantify having SFA and AHP so highly ranked in your poll? They barely squeaked by a team who you regard as a NOBODY! While tier FIVE Caulquitt BLEW OUT the same team!

Collquitt squeeked by nobody Norcross by the same margin as nobody Parkview.  Colquitt also had a horrendous loss to nobody Brookwood.  Colquitt should probably be lower than Tier 5. 

Even Tier 5 Folsom would probably beat them by 10

• Haha 1