Week 6 Tiers

Sammyswordsman

Game 1 was long ago man. On top of the fact that Norcross has been the Boogeyman to Colquitt. 

No doubt, the loss is tough, but if Colquitt and Brookwood played again today (minus a big damned chicken near the field) Colquitt would win by a similar margin as we saw them lose by. The difference would be Brookwood wouldn't score even 30 on Colquitt again. I'd be surprised if they scored 21. 

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I already blew through the tier above Colquitt. Joke stuff man. 

Another damn lie... Just ask Rab if this would happen!

neutral field
[2017] Cartersville (GA) 31, [2017] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 28

Better worry about staying in tier 5

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2017] Folsom (CA) 34, [2017] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 21

4 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Is that  Calpreps?

this is tiers !😀

Just as imaginary. 

I actually kind of agree with the CP Colquitt/Archer prediction though. Archer and Colquitt would both beat Cartersville and Buford right now imo. Of course I have no more proof they wouldn't than tier man has that they would. It's all good. I ain't mad at all. Just sayin' the tiers are a mess. 

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Game 1 was long ago man. On top of the fact that Norcross has been the Boogeyman to Colquitt. 

No doubt, the loss is tough, but if Colquitt and Brookwood played again today (minus a big damned chicken near the field) Colquitt would win by a similar margin as we saw them lose by. The difference would be Brookwood wouldn't score even 30 on Colquitt again. I'd be surprised if they scored 21. 

They get Tier 3 Lowndes in 3 weeks.  A chance for redemption!!!

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

St. X was flirting briefly with Tier 1.  Very convincing win for them this week

Well look at them and Eds common opponents 

X beat Indy 31-7 at home and beat Elder 14-6'

Eds beat Indy 38-10 away and beat Elder 40-7

im okay with your tiers now

X , Eds, Iggy are very close 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

I realize this isn’t the excuse thread but it is a damn shame that McKee got hurt for the IMG game because I really liked Cen10s chances in that game. 

Had 6'6" 230lb back up QB Shane Illingsworth not transferred, he would have had the chance to step in and get instant notoriety, but ....

It will be interesting to see how Illingsworth fares at Villa Park.  He's got four games and a season to show his stuff.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Tier 1 - IMG, Mater Dei, Allen, Cen10, SFA, Grayson, AHP, Ben Davis,

Tier 2 -  Bingham,  Desoto, Central, Bishop Gorman, Katy, Klein Collins, Manvel, Judson, SJB, Centennial Az,   Westlake Tx., St. Edwards, St. Ignatious,   ST. Xavier, 

Tier 3 -  Hoover, The Woodlands,   South Point, Colerain, STA, Vierra,  DeMatha, JSerra,   De La Salle, SJC, SJP, South Pointe, Trinity Ky., Mountain Pointe, Walton Ga, Buford, Chaminade, Lowndes

Tier 4 - Cocoa, Union, Cartersville,  East, John Curtis, Archer, OLU, Mission Viejo, Evangel Christian

Tier 5 Bergen Catholic  Folsom, Colquitt County, Servite,  SPP, DePaul, Santa Margarita, Kahuku, Northwestern, Narbonne, Poly, St. Louis, Rome,

*Not attempting to rank every team, only the ones we discuss on this site.

*Tiers based on how teams are playing today.  Not based on week 1 games etc.

*Tier 1 teams can compete with any other Tier 1teams and possibly win 1+ of 10

*Basically there is a -10 point drop between tiers.  Could vary from 7 to 21 depending on the styles of teams playing.

*Texas teams generally have not played enough games to gauge properly yet

*Tiers are based on exhaustive research, Multiple games watched, and good gut feelings.

*This is a crowd sourced rating. All input will be considered and adjustments will be made as appropriate 

Sammy, I am impressed you managed to post and not refer to Folsom as "The Devil" way to go Sammy you're making great strides. :D

2 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

Well look at them and Eds common opponents 

X beat Indy 31-7 at home and beat Elder 14-6'

Eds beat Indy 38-10 away and beat Elder 40-7

im okay with your tiers now

X , Eds, Iggy are very close 

X's Cathedral win was a beat down from early on.  Eds struggled for quite awhile.

Conclusion remains the same.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Tier 1 -  IMG, Mater Dei,  Allen,  Cen10, SFA, Grayson, AHP, Ben Davis,

Tier 2 -  Bingham,  Desoto, Central, Bishop Gorman, Katy, Klein Collins, Manvel, Judson, SJB, Centennial Az,   Westlake Tx., St. Edwards, St. Ignatious,   ST. Xavier, 

Tier 3 -  Hoover, The Woodlands,   South Point, Colerain, STA, Vierra,  DeMatha, JSerra,   De La Salle, SJC, SJP, South Pointe, Trinity Ky., Mountain Pointe, Walton Ga, Buford, Chaminade, Lowndes

Tier 4 - Cocoa, Union, Cartersville,  East, John Curtis, Archer, OLU, Mission Viejo, Evangel Christian

Tier 5 Bergen Catholic  Folsom, Colquitt County, Servite,  SPP, DePaul, Santa Margarita, Kahuku, Northwestern, Narbonne, Poly, St. Louis, Rome,

*Basically there is a -10 point drop between tiers.  Could vary from 7 to 21 depending on the styles of teams playing.

*Tiers are based on exhaustive research, Multiple games watched, and good gut feelings.

*This is a crowd sourced rating. All input will be considered and adjustments will be made as appropriate 

I'm curious there Sambo! How does American Heritage and SFA, get SOOOOOO much LUUUUUUUUUUV, when they barely beat a Bishop Sullivan team, that had a running clock administered to them by Caulquitt? How does a Lowndes and Buford team rate third tier, when they've beaten NOBODY? 

Jist fer shits and giggles! Caulquitt lost to Brookwood for a number of reasons! NONE of which are gonna save the wild hosses in the playoffs, when we blow their asses out! They were healthy, we were NOT! THEY had two weeks to prepare! WE had TWO DAYS! THEY had fully operational training facilities and diets during the week! WE did NOT! They had revenge on their minds from the two ass kickings they received last Fall! WE had the big hayd, taking them lightly! They had eight transfers, five of whom started! WE did NOT! 

You say that you are judging teams on CURRENT performance?xD SOOOOOOO, Colquitt's CURRENT performance against Bishop Sullivan didn't float your boat? They were FAR more impressive against Bishop Sullivan than SFA or AHP! That running clock kept the game against Colquitt, in the THIRTY'S rather than FIFTIES! Keep doubting the Colquitt County Packers there Skippy! 

And with the supposed best team in Georgia being THIRD TIER! You apparently haven't gotten the message that we are BAD to da BONE in Georgia!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

GEEEEZ Sambo, everytime you open your mouf, you become Exhibit A for planned parenthood! There ain't NO WAY in HELL there is a team in the entire country, who can beat Colquitt by thirty points!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Agreed.  Lowndes dropped to tier 3.  Georgia is tough to rank cuz their top teams don't play OOS (outside of Buford)

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU CALL BISHOP SULLIVAN MORON? Do you think that competitive losses by them, to American Heritage and SFA were flukes? And Caulquitt JUST PLAYED da Bishop, if you haven't heard! The Packers are just beginning to get on the same page, offensively! HOPEFULLY, we'll be full bore by game TEN!

14 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Westlake, manvel and Klein collins aren't tier 2:  westlake and manvel are tier 4 and collins tier 3

13 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

I love this idea and giving me some ideas for doing this for Florida but i don't think lowndes should be teir 2

I'm thinking teir 4 or 5 because until they play a good team i don't think they have proven themselves to be that high,  especially with some of the teams below them 

I don't follow the other teams close enough to form a decent opinion but don't sleep on Lowndes.  True they are coming into the meat of their schedule but there are people whose opinions I trust that aren't Lowndes fans that say Lowndes is the real deal this year.  Should they be tier 2?  Again, I don't think I'm qualified enough to say for sure but they've got a real good chance of playing 15 games in GA this year.

4 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

Jist fer shits and giggles! Caulquitt lost to Brookwood for a number of reasons! NONE of which are gonna save the wild hosses in the playoffs, when we blow their asses out! They were healthy, we were NOT! THEY had two weeks to prepare! WE had TWO DAYS! THEY had fully operational training facilities and diets during the week! WE did NOT! They had revenge on their minds from the two ass kickings they received last Fall! WE had the big hayd, taking them lightly! They had eight transfers, five of whom started! WE did NOT! 

While you are poor pitiful me-ing it, just for the record Gwinnett School were closed 3 days that week as well.  No school, no practice.  The big head is probably truer than most believe if the team's thoughts echoed what all of the posters on the various boards were saying.