So FSU is missing 16 starters for the Orange Bowl.

HooverOutlaw

56 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

This maybe the most embarrassing loss since they were ranked #1 in 1988 and Jimmy and the Canes beat them 31-0. 

Last year Bama did not make it and Saban kept the team together and beat the crap out of the big 12 champ. 

Alabama has been screwed out of several national titles but never quit like these FSU players. 

Please inform us of When this happened... 

Because I have a hard time believing Alabama went 13-0 won the conference and got left out of the Playoffs or National title game... 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

This maybe the most embarrassing loss since they were ranked #1 in 1988 and Jimmy and the Canes beat them 31-0. 

Last year Bama did not make it and Saban kept the team together and beat the crap out of the big 12 champ. 

Alabama has been screwed out of several national titles but never quit like these FSU players. 

No one has been Hosed in the playoff era the way FSU got hosed this year…. 

But yes, it’s embarrassing that all these players are not playing, it’s the Orange bowl for goodness sakes!!!… This used to be a premier Bowl game!!!…. 🤣

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

HA!…. It’s so crazy to think how the “National Champion” was crowned before the playoff….. Did t Penn State get hosed 2 or 3 times being undefeated?…. 🤣

Alabama was screwed in 1977 again. 

In 1966 Notre Dame did even play in a bowl game went 9-0-1 and won it over 11-0 Alabama who started the season #1.

23 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

No one has been Hosed in the playoff era the way FSU got hosed this year…. 

But yes, it’s embarrassing that all these players are not playing, it’s the Orange bowl for goodness sakes!!!… This used to be a premier Bowl game!!!…. 🤣

TCU making it last year was worse after losing to a average Kansas state team last  big 12 title game then making it.

TCU lost 2 of their last 3 games one by 58 points and moved up in the polls.

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

TCU making it last year was worse after losing to a average Kansas state team last  big 12 title game then making it.

Lol who cares that they won the CFP semi-final beating the #2 team in the country. 

Does Texas not deserve to be in the playoff because they went 12-1 in the Big 12 and lost to a 2 loss team?? Or only TCU? TCU was deserving and won a game in the playoff. They also got killed in the final. Both can be and are true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Hard to hold losing the title game against them as a loss as far as making it in.  If they didn't deserve it, neither did Michigan I guess?

53 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Lol who cares that they won the CFP semi-final beating the #2 team in the country. 

Does Texas not deserve to be in the playoff because they went 12-1 in the Big 12 and lost to a 2 loss team?? Or only TCU? TCU was deserving and won a game in the playoff. They also got killed in the final. Both can be and are true.

If losing by 58 does not tell you they did not deserve to be there nothing will. Michigan had to cheat to be there. TCU changed there signs and won. Ask Kansas State who was better TCU or Alabama.  Texas won the conference TCU lost to a very average Kansas State team who Alabama destoyed. 

2 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I would argue that Ohio State should not have been in the playoff last year…. Not a Conference Champ or even played in the Conference Championship game….

I didn’t have any problem with TCU being in the playoff last year…. This year though, 13-0 Conference Champ should have been in…. Take out TX or Bama, this was a total hose job….. 

Bama vs Mich is a Much Better TV matchup and that is what all the parties Demand…. 🤣

Rankings before the playoff:

1. Georgia (13-0)
  2. Michigan (13-0)
  3. TCU (12-1)
  4. tOSU (11-1)
  5. Alabama (10-2)
  6. Tennessee  (10-2)

So you'd have two 2-loss teams in the playoffs over an undefeated team (who beat #4) and a 1-loss team.

Alabama lost to #1 Georgia and a 4-loss LSU.

Tennessee lost to #1 Georgia and a 4-loss South Carolina team

10 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I would argue that Ohio State should not have been in the playoff last year…. Not a Conference Champ or even played in the Conference Championship game….

I didn’t have any problem with TCU being in the playoff last year…. This year though, 13-0 Conference Champ should have been in…. Take out TX or Bama, this was a total hose job….. 

Bama vs Mich is a Much Better TV matchup and that is what all the parties Demand…. 🤣

Look at the committee's criteria and make your case that FSU was one of the four best teams, and please note it is not the "most deserving"

1.  Mission - The selection committee’s task will be to select the best teams, rank the teams for inclusion in the playoff and selected other bowl games and then assign the teams to sites.

2.  Principles

• The selection committee will select the teams using a process that distinguishes among otherwise comparable teams by considering:
    • Conference championships won,
    • Strength of schedule,
    • Head‐to‐head competition,
    • Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory), and,
    • Other relevant factors such as unavailability of key players and coaches that may have affected a team’s performance during the season or likely will affect its postseason performance.

https://collegefootballplayoff.com/sports/2016/10/24/selection-committee-protocol

9 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

If losing by 58 does not tell you they did not deserve to be there nothing will. Michigan had to cheat to be there. TCU changed their signs and won. Ask Kansas State who was better TCU or Alabama.  Texas won the conference TCU lost to a very average Kansas State team who Alabama destoyed. 

They beat the undefeated #2 team in the country in the playoff. I guess TCU, Michigan, and Ohio st did not deserve to be in the playoff. TCU beat Michigan. Michigan beat Ohio st. So just give Alabama an automatic bid to the playoff every year regardless of their on field performance. Roll tide brother.

8 minutes ago, pied said:

Rankings before the playoff:

1. Georgia (13-0)
  2. Michigan (13-0)
  3. TCU (12-1)
  4. tOSU (11-1)
  5. Alabama (10-2)
  6. Tennessee  (10-2)

So you'd have two 2-loss teams in the playoffs over an undefeated team (who beat #4) and a 1-loss team.

Alabama lost to #1 Georgia and a 4-loss LSU.

Tennessee lost to #1 Georgia and a 4-loss South Carolina team

Alabama did not play Georgia in 2022 you mean Tennessee. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HurricaneNick said:

They beat the undefeated #2 team in the country in the playoff. I guess TCU, Michigan, and Ohio st did not deserve to be in the playoff. TCU beat Michigan. Michigan beat Ohio st. So just give Alabama an automatic bid to the playoff every year regardless of their on field performance. Roll tide brother.

In most years a 2 loss SEC is better than some 13-0 other teams. 

In 2022 the the 2 best teams from the big 12 lost to 

SEC #1 Georgia by 58

SEC #2 Alabama in a blow out

You really think 13-0 FSU beats Alabama, Georgia,  Ole Miss or Missouri at a neutral site? 

Look USC  they are drilling ACC #2 easily a team FSU barely beat. 

6 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

In 2022 Alabama beat the big 12 champ, Tennessee beat the ACC champ, and Georgia destroyed the "best team from the big 12".  Michigan cheating upset the balance of fair play. At some point the NCAA will take all these wins away.

3 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

In most years a 2 loss SEC is better than some 13-0 other teams. 

In 2022 the the 2 best teams from the big 12 lost to 

SEC #1 Georgia by 58

SEC #2 Alabama in a blow out

You really think 13-0 FSU beats Alabama, Georgia,  Ole Miss or Missouri at a neutral site? 

Look USC  they are drilling ACC #2 easily a team FSU barely beat. 

I am not saying TCU beats Alabama last year. I just have a hard time believing that a team that won a playoff game is undeserving of receiving a spot in playoff. I don’t think FSU beats any of the teams in the playoff without Jordan travis. I do think it’s shitty that they went 13-0 and didn’t get a spot. It was a flawed system to begin with though. 5 power conferences and only 4 spots.

5 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I am not saying TCU beats Alabama last year. I just have a hard time believing that a team that won a playoff game is undeserving of receiving a spot in playoff. I don’t think FSU beats any of the teams in the playoff without Jordan travis. I do think it’s shitty that they went 13-0 and didn’t get a spot. It was a flawed system to begin with though. 5 power conferences and only 4 spots.

A little hard to argue that I think.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I said 5 years ago they should go back to 11 games and and 8 game playoff. The 12 game will help the SEC even more in some years you may have 5 teams.

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

Nah I would have kept TX dropped Bama 

SEC just would have had to swallow that bitter pill this year... 

Would have been 

Bichigan 

Washington

Texas 

FSU

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pied said:

Other relevant factors such as unavailability of key players and coaches that may have affected a team’s performance during the season or likely will affect its postseason performance.

I don't follow FSU so I may be wrong but didn't their #1 QB go out with three games left to play?  Didn't they win those last three games anyway?  No doubt the #1 QB made them better but they seem to have done ok as a team without him.