tOSU-Missouri

TheMaximumHornetSting

9 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I admit they (Miami) are a name brand program.   Name 5 great Miami players prior to 1980's and compare the players from those 8 Bluebloods.  

Since you asked, off the top of my head, Jim Otto, Chuck Foreman, Otis Anderson, Albert Bentley, and Rubin Carter. But in no way are they a blueblood prior to the 1980's or after the early 2000's for that matter. # floridahomer   :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dan in daytona said:

Since you asked, off the top of my head, Jim Otto, Chuck Foreman, Otis Anderson, Albert Bentley, and Rubin Carter. But in no way are they a blueblood prior to the 1980's or after the early 2000's for that matter. # floridahomer   :)

Look at Ted Hendricks' accomplishments and dude might still have a claim as the greatest 'Cane ever more than 50 years after he played there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

The Stork !  I remember him, but didn't think of him yesterday. Had a great pro career with the Raiders. A bad boy.

Speaking of Miami, another athlete was basketball great Rick Barry (1960's). My high school (Mainland High-Daytona Bch.) had an alumnus Rusty Parker who started with Barry on the 'Canes team. # ramblingoldman

28 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

The Stork !  I remember him, but didn't think of him yesterday. Had a great pro career with the Raiders. A bad boy.

I only got as far as Hendricks and Foreman before mentally veering off to Barry in basketball 😄 I think I blocked OJ Anderson's general existence from my memory since he was a jerk and didn't let my Bills play any offense in Super Bowl XXV.

• Like 1

The simple fact that Missouri could even stay on the field with the "recruiting machine" that Ohio State is was pretty telling.

The only team I've seen so far in the bowl games that has had any actual depth at all is UGA.

Florida State couldn't even score on the UGA freshman team and the freshman team played basically the entire second half.

Anyways, this and that and that in this> Missouri was legit.

LSU was lucky to beat Missouri. 

Just now, RedZone said:

All these college football recruiting monsters adding 5* and 4* prospects every single year for decades and then complaining when they have to play these guys because somebody opted out is pretty humorous though. 😭

It's like 3 or 4 guys opt out and all these recruiting monster teams turn into Tulane. 😧