tOSU-Missouri

TheMaximumHornetSting

Pathetic showing by tOSU. Even without some key players they still had more talent than Mizzou. OSU did not care to show up and that is on Ryan Day and the players. It was a similar situation to USC who was playing without their QB and other players. Despite this, USC players balled out. Where were all of OSU’s high level recruits last night? Most of them were still in uniform. No excuses.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Pathetic showing by tOSU. Even without some key players they still had more talent than Mizzou. OSU did not care to show up and that is on Ryan Day and the players. It was a similar situation to USC who was playing without their QB and other players. Despite this, USC players balled out. Where were all of OSU’s high level recruits last night? Most of them were still in uniform. No excuses.

The defense was doing fine. They just got worn out because the offense couldn't stay on the field.

I am perplexed by what happened last night in two key areas:  quarterbacks and o-line.  Day obviously spent every waking moment trying to prepare Brown, who after starting to show a pulse promptly got injured. Keinholz was simply not ready, so I am very curious as to why he didn't put in Gebbia, who at least has some experience and years under his belt.

And why did Day mix-up the o-line? Matthew Jones was RG all season and he moves him to center? Vimahi - who had never started in a game of any significance - played RG.  Chemistry earned over the season was tossed to the wind and it showed in blazing neon lights. From what I can see, none of our usual starting o-linemen were injured going into the game. So WTF was going on with sitting starting center Hinzman? The Bucks put a pup in with a discombobulated o-line, effectively throwing him to the wolves after having their starter already sacked multiple times and then injured.

The result was the offense basically being shot in the johnson. Missouri simply had to bring pressure and key on Henderson for a significant part of the game. Awful.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, concha said:

The defense was doing fine. They just got worn out because the offense couldn't stay on the field.

I am perplexed by what happened last night in two key areas:  quarterbacks and o-line.  Day obviously spent every waking moment trying to prepare Brown, who after starting to show a pulse promptly got injured. Keinholz was simply not ready, so I am very curious as to why he didn't put in Gebbia, who at least has some experience and years under his belt.

And why did Day mix-up the o-line? Matthew Jones was RG all season and he moves him to center? Vimahi - who had never started in a game of any significance - played RG.  Chemistry earned over the season was tossed to the wind and it showed in blazing neon lights. From what I can see, none of our usual starting o-linemen were injured going into the game. So WTF was going on with sitting starting center Hinzman? The Bucks put a pup in with a discombobulated o-line, effectively throwing him to the wolves after having their starter already sacked multiple times and then get injured.

The result was the offense basically being shot in the johnson. Missouri simply had to bring pressure and key on Henderson for a significant part of the game. Awful.

Why did the QB who started all year Transfer?…..

It seems like he would only do that if there was someone coming in or there was someone talented waiting in the wings to start….

19 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Why did the QB who started all year Transfer?…..

It seems like he would only do that if there was someone coming in or there was someone talented waiting in the wings to start….

Unknown. Not sure he's actually said why.  One explanation I've heard is that McCord is heavily influenced by his dad, who didn't like it when Day said the starting spot was not guaranteed for next season. Maybe he wasn't handling the toxicity coming from some of the tOSU fanbase (he's a solid QB but has the misfortune of having a ridiculously long list of talented and successful QBs who came before him).

Frankly, I think the most talented competitor for next season may well the newbie Air Noland from Georgia. I understand he is supposed to be enrolled for this coming semester, but he'll be a true freshman. QB recruiting looks strong with another hotshot named Tavian St Clair coming, but he's class of '25. Both are top 5 QB recruits. The Bucks have also been crystal-balled for the '26 #2 QB also.

• Thanks 1

No dog in this fight  Both Michigan and Ohio State have terrible bowl records.  Maybe it was all those Rose Bowl matchups and having to travel out West.  Penn State  has represented the North well historically in Bowl Games.  Hell Michigan lost to TCU last year.  Both programs struggle in Bowl games.  No other Blueblood programs have losing Bowl records.  

Ohio State 27 - 29 - 0  .473

Michigan 21 - 29  .420

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

No dog in this fight  Both Michigan and Ohio State have terrible bowl records.  Maybe it was all those Rose Bowl matchups and having to travel out West.  Penn State and Notre Dame have represented the North well historically in Bowl Games.  Hell Michigan lost to TCU last year.  Both programs struggle in Bowl games.  No other Blueblood programs have losing Bowl records.  

Michigan 21 - 29  .420

Speaking of the last 10-20 years, things do get tougher when you play for national titles and in New Year's 6 bowls as often as not instead of the Alamo and Holiday Bowls. Just sayin'.

12 minutes ago, concha said:

Speaking of the last 10-20 years, things do get tougher when you play for national titles and in New Year's 6 bowls as often as not instead of the Alamo and Holiday Bowls. Just sayin'.

OK.  😁.   2008 Fiesta Bowl   Texas 24 OSU 21.   Was that within the last 10 - 20 years?  They struggle in Bowl games based off of historical data.  

21 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

No dog in this fight  Both Michigan and Ohio State have terrible bowl records.  Maybe it was all those Rose Bowl matchups and having to travel out West.  Penn State  has represented the North well historically in Bowl Games.  Hell Michigan lost to TCU last year.  Both programs struggle in Bowl games.  No other Blueblood programs have losing Bowl records.  

Michigan 21 - 29  .420

*Miami Hurricanes have left the server*

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

*Miami Hurricanes have left the server*

They are not classified as a Blueblood Program Sir.  There are about 10.  7 of them have 900 wins in their history and 7 of those have a .700 all time winning percentage.  They were a Johnny come lately program in the 80's.   

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

They are not classified as a Blueblood Program Sir.  There are about 10.  7 of them have 900 wins in their history and 7 of those have a .700 all time winning percentage.  They were a Johnny come lately program in the 80's.   

If we can't count Miami as a blue blood then I refuse to acknowledge Texas as one... 

• Haha 2

At this point, what are we even watching? Between outgoing transfers and players opting out of playing to protect their health in preparation for the NFL draft, the depth charts in many bowl games are virtually unrecognizable.

These bowls have transformed from being rewards for a well-played season to holiday programming for the TV networks.  That still has its place I guess…I mean who doesn’t like stumbling into an entertaining game to divert attention from drunk Uncle Jim…’Hmmm, Oregon vs Liberty in the Alamo Bowl?  That could be good….

Despite all that, one clear winner has emerged from the Bowls so far this year:

image.png.76da446aaa367d08444c609416b1c66f.png

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

But I do feel like Miami deserves to be labeled a blue blood 

Especially if we're putting Bichigan and Nebraska in that boat... 

When was the last time either of them won shit? 

Dear Sir, it is a historical metric and MIami can't stand up to those programs.  For instance they are 19 - 23 in Bowl Games and have about 250 less wins than those programs.  I admit they are a name brand program.   Name 5 great Miami players prior to 1980's and compare the players from those 8 Bluebloods.  They all have Legendary players going back to the freaking 40's with legendary teams in most decades throughout.  Of course they have their ebbs and flows but overall they have been freaking powerhouses for multiple decades.  They've only won 9 Conference Championships for Comparison Texas has 31, Nebraska has 46 and Michigan 45.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

OK.  😁.   2008 Fiesta Bowl   Texas 24 OSU 21.   Was that within the last 10 - 20 years?  They struggle in Bowl games based off of historical data.  

I imagine you think that one-loss Texas beating two-loss Ohio State with a score with 16 seconds left justifies your earlier comment. Somehow. No idea exactly how. But SOMEhow, amirite? 

27 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

It added to their historical bowl record of not winning.  That's what it was.  

No. It's because it was Texas.

Since 2000, Ohio State is 13-12, despite playing in lots of the premier bowl games. 21 of the 25 have been either Rose, Orange, Peach, Sugar, Cotton, Fiesta or championship final fours/natties.

Texas has played in only 20 bowls.  13 of them are named Holiday, Alamo or Texas. On the bright side, Texas only lost 6 of the 20 so far.

8 hours ago, concha said:

No. It's because it was Texas.

Since 2000, Ohio State is 13-12, despite playing in lots of the premier bowl games. 21 of the 25 have been either Rose, Orange, Peach, Sugar, Cotton, Fiesta or championship final fours/natties.

Texas has played in only 20 bowls.  13 of them are named Holiday, Alamo or Texas. On the bright side, Texas only lost 6 of the 20 so far.

No take Texas out of this I pointed out that Ohio State and Michigan have poor bowl records.  That's a fact.  You are trying to justify why.  The why is neither are good in bowl games.  Michigan lost to TCU.  Matter of fact TCU has beaten 2 top 10 Big 10 teams in New Years bowl games.  Texas is 2 - 1 vs Ohio State including beating them at home when they had beaten every non conference opponent forever.  I didn't say they suck.  They are a tremendous program that loses bowl games.  OU has played just as many New Years bowls.  Why don't they have an overall losing record.  It's more than a 20 year history.  Texas has beaten Michigan as well in The Rose Bowl in the last 20 years.