State of American Politics: 2024

On 2/13/2024 at 12:18 PM, World Citizen said:

Lol.  Melting down?  Don't think so but it was funny.  

Serious question.  I know you do not support Trump or Biden but do you understand why those on the left can't vote for Trump?  

It’s because social conservatism is a massive turn-off and a great way to lose elections. Have you ever asked a conservative where they stand on social issues, such as: gay marriage, legal marijuana, and abortion? And when given the choice between two “extremes,” such as: (abortion access vs no abortion whatsoever, gay marriage vs no gay marriage, criminalizing marijuana or legalizing it,) they immediately abandon social conservatism and run to the left? 

It’s because although they may not even agree in principle with some socially liberal ideas, they know one thing; that these views help win elections! But the issue is that republicans refuse to tap the brakes on any of their hard-line views, and subsequently give people reason to come out and vote against them in force. The GOP will never win elections as long as they remain handcuffed to outdated ideas and refuse to adapt to the ever-changing world. 

12 hours ago, 941Indian said:

It’s because social conservatism is a massive turn-off and a great way to lose elections. Have you ever asked a conservative where they stand on social issues, such as: gay marriage, legal marijuana, and abortion? And when given the choice between two “extremes,” such as: (abortion access vs no abortion whatsoever, gay marriage vs no gay marriage, criminalizing marijuana or legalizing it,) they immediately abandon social conservatism and run to the left? 

It’s because although they may not even agree in principle with some socially liberal ideas, they know one thing; that these views help win elections! But the issue is that republicans refuse to tap the brakes on any of their hard-line views, and subsequently give people reason to come out and vote against them in force. The GOP will never win elections as long as they remain handcuffed to outdated ideas and refuse to adapt to the ever-changing world. 

While I think what you said is true it is secondary to the main concern which is our democracy.  If it turns out our 'rule of law' really isn't then it is game over IMO.    

• 2 weeks later...

Polls are just that, polls.  But the recent ones have got to be petrifying to the donkeys.  2 MSM polls this weekend are showing how much trouble Biden is in.  Trump is not leading say 45-41 with a bunch of undecideds.  You might see that is Trump was unacceptable to a majority of voters.  In the NYT poll, the top line was Trump 48-43 - much closer to the 50% mark than the donkeys would like.  And the CBS poll had Trump (with leaners) at 52%!  In other words, it can be safely said more than half the electorate is open to vote for Trump, and maybe predisposed to vote for Trump.  It appears the Trump is a fascist approach ain’t the ticket to Nirvana.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

At least he made an effort….Joe never called the family ( Floyd’s family was called immediately). And apologized for calling that murdering scumbag what he was…Illegal.

so there’s that 🤔

Expected GBB to reply as usual.   But what defense does he have? Nothing …zero…nada… yet were the cult…defending us citizens vs criminal animals here illegally…oh sorry did I offend the snowflakes here?🤔

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

At least he made an effort….Joe never called the family ( Floyd’s family was called immediately). And apologized for calling that murdering scumbag what he was…Illegal.

so there’s that 🤔

he used them as pawns as he smiled about her death and made you guys happy...he has no shame in his game....😪

21 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

You’re being a spin doctor…again.

13 hours ago, DBP66 said:

May be an image of 7 people and text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot Q: What kind of opportunistic ghoul would autograph a photo of a dead girl and pose grinning like a psychopath with her family? A: SAY Fe HER NAMEL D'

Literally every person in that picture is smiling. My wife’s father passed away last year and at the funeral people were telling stories from the past, and some of the stories were funny and goofy trying to remember the good times. 

according to 66 we are all deranged psychopaths laughing and chuckling at a funeral!!! 

You want to talk about deranged and psychotic? Democrats thinking Biden is doing a good job and is a good President because when you are being screwed, he is telling you about it in a soft, emphatic grandpa voice that is supposed to calm you in this time of rampant inflation, prices for homes, food and gas at crippling highs. 

Imagine letting a rapist off the hook because he said he genuinely felt bad about it and is deeply remorseful. That’s the way democrats feel about Biden  in a nutshell 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Literally every person in that picture is smiling. My wife’s father passed away last year and at the funeral people were telling stories from the past, and some of the stories were funny and goofy trying to remember the good times. 

according to 66 we are all deranged psychopaths laughing and chuckling at a funeral!!! 

he looked a little too happy holding an autographed picture of himself next to her family....he has no couth....it's 150% about him all the time....😪

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

You want to talk about deranged and psychotic? Democrats thinking Biden is doing a good job and is a good President because when you are being screwed, he is telling you about it in a soft, emphatic grandpa voice that is supposed to calm you in this time of rampant inflation, prices for homes, food and gas at crippling highs. 

Imagine letting a rapist off the hook because he said he genuinely felt bad about it and is deeply remorseful. That’s the way democrats feel about Biden  in a nutshell 

LOL...you have the nerve to talk about Rapists?!?....you voted for one and will vote for a rapist for a 3rd time this Nov....the guy who like to "grab them by the pussy"...that's your boy!!.....🙄

I just want to congratulate the lefties on this board for doing so good in life, that destructive left wing policies don’t hurt your way of life. Congratulations that mass illegal migration doesn’t affect your schools, hospitals and police. That gas and food doubling in price doesn’t hurt your way of life. That you already own a home so you don’t even know what 8 percent interest are. 

I guess with all the virtue signaling safely tucked away from the destruction you don’t have time to be empathetic to the lower and middle class who are feeling the brunt of all the disastrous polices 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

he looked a little too happy holding an autographed picture of himself next to her family....he has no couth....it's 150% about him all the time....😪

He is literally smiling the same way everyone else is. Maybe someone cracked a joke before the pic. That’s why everyone is laughing. I’ve been apart of many family pics where someone says something stupid and everyone starts laughing. It would be a problem if he was the only one smiling. But the entire family is cheesing and we don’t know the context other than lefties exploiting this picture for political purposes 

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I just want to congratulate the lefties on this board for doing so good in life, that destructive left wing policies don’t hurt your way of life. Congratulations that mass illegal migration doesn’t affect your schools, hospitals and police. That gas and food doubling in price doesn’t hurt your way of life. That you already own a home so you don’t even know what 8 percent interest are. 

I guess with all the virtue signaling safely tucked away from the destruction you don’t have time to be empathetic to the lower and middle class who are feeling the brunt of all the disastrous polices 

you worried about the middle class??....don't keep voting for Republicans who's #1 priority ever election is to cut taxes for the rich (and hope it "trickles" down)....the Republican party is the party of the rich....😉