SOTU

Bormio

15 minutes ago, concha said:

It is absolutely true.

Name all the House and Senate Dems who voted against the civil rights acts who changed parties.

Go.

Strom Thurmond.

A Republican, John Tower, had *already* switched parties years before.

What's more is that none of the Southern Democrats who voted *for* it felt the need to switch because, obviously, they were aligned with their party on that issue.

But this usual dodge of yours refuses to acknowledge that a whole of bunch of voters switched parties as a result. This was a realigning issue across the South.

11 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

Could someone please find acting lessons for Sen. Katie Britt (R) ?

How did you like the setting for her speech… from the kitchen.Β 
#GOP! Β πŸ˜‚Β 

SNL should bring Tina Fey in for a Britt skit this weekend. Β 

55 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Man, I can't imagine why this guys' party only wins 10% of the black vote.

πŸ˜„

Β 

That's changing, Sparky. And your lack of a counter the the truths I posted is glaring.

πŸ‘

...a recent New York Times/Siena poll, released earlier this month, showed Trump’s support among Black voters has spiked to 23%.

Β 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Strom Thurmond.

A Republican, John Tower, had *already* switched parties years before.

What's more is that none of the Southern Democrats who voted *for* it felt the need to switch because, obviously, they were aligned with their party on that issue.

But this usual dodge of yours refuses to acknowledge that a whole of bunch of voters switched parties as a result. This was a realigning issue across the South.

Β 

As I said. Almost to a man. Thanks for proving my point to be correct.

Now tell the class how many there were to start with.

Just in case you're not following what's happening (and you probably aren't), you're not doing well.

Β 

The switch to Republican was gradual and took three decades. THIRTY YEARS. It was gradual and based mainly on economics, not race.

When Dems ruled the South, the Klan numbered in the millions.Β  Now Republicans dominate the South and they number a few thousand.

Β 

12 hours ago, Bormio said:

I tried for 5 minutes. Β Had to stop. Β Like watching group therapy with psychotic patients at the old Charity Hospital in New Orleans

Β 

Try watching a Fed chair Q and A. You can’t possibly listen to more bs political statements prior to an actual question for chair Powell, than in that venue/5 min talk limit format. Β 

4 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Β 

Try watching a Fed chair Q and A. You can’t possibly listen to more bs political statements prior to an actual question for chair Powell, than in that venue/5 min talk limit format. Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I long for the days of Β Bill Clinton. Β They don’t make Β Democrat presidents like that anymore. Β Disagreed with him a lot. Β But at least he was smart, interesting and politically savvy

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, concha said:

The switch to Republican was gradual and took three decades. THIRTY YEARS. It was gradual and based mainly on economics, not race.

There are certain issues that you desperately grasp for straws in order to rewrite history.

Pinochet is one.

And this is another.

This is in the historical record. The electoral map switched almost immediately.

Kennedy won the 5 solid south states in 1960. Then in 1964 Goldwater won them all. Then in George Wallace ran as an independent and split them with Nixon. Then in 1972 Nixon won them all. The rest is history.

With the exception of Southern Democratic Governors (Carter, Clinton) the Democrats have won nary a Southern state since then. The lone exceptions are states with changing demographics that overturned the order.

The reality that you weave for yourself is quite fantastical.

46 minutes ago, Bormio said:

I long for the days of Β Bill Clinton. Β They don’t make Β Democrat presidents like that anymore. Β Disagreed with him a lot. Β But at least he was smart, interesting and politically savvy

This reminds me of the fake Martin Luther King, Jr. praise that Republicans do every year on his holiday.

They absolutely despised him at the time. Gave him no quarter. But now he's a hero.

You probably hated Bill Clinton with the fire of 1,000 suns. Probably cheered along as Republicans obsessed over him and sought to destroy him at every turn.

But now you pretend that you thought he was smart, interesting, etc.

Laughable.

24 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Even you're not dumb enough to believe that poll.

Jesus Christ.

WHether I believe it or not is immaterial. The shift is not isolated to that one poll.

Β 

...Patrick Murray, director of the polling institute at Monmouth University, said that some polls show Trump’s support among Black voters has steadily increased from 12% depending on the methodology used and the margin of error. Most polls show that number anywhere between 15% and 20%.

Β 

...AΒ survey from Genforward releasedΒ last December, for instance, found that if the election were held that day, 17% of Black voters said they would cast their ballot for Trump.

Β 

...The January NBC News poll showed 75% of Black registered voters saying they’d support Biden in 2024, while 16% said they’d back Trump

Β 

...Among Black Americans expressing a party preference, the Democratic lead over Republicans has dropped by almost 20% in only three years, according to theΒ Gallup survey.

The Democratic lead among Hispanic adults and adults aged 18 to 29, meanwhile, also slid by almost the same degree, leaving the party with only a modest advantage.

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, concha said:

WHether I believe it or not is immaterial.Β 

🀨

What?

You obviously believe it or else you wouldn't have posted it.

The pretzels that you people twist yourself into just so you can promote your nonsense worldviews are quite something.

31 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Β 

This is in the historical record. The electoral map switched almost immediately.

Β 

Gradual.

Over three decades.

Β 

House of Representatives:

1960:

480px-1960_United_States_House_elections

Β 

1964:

480px-1962_United_States_House_elections

Β 

1972:

480px-1970_House_Districts.png

Β 

1980:

480px-1976_House_Elections.png

Β 

1986:

480px-The_1984_House_Elections_in_the_Un

Β 

1990:

480px-1988_United_States_House_Elections

Β 

1994:

480px-1992_House_Elections_in_the_United

Β 

1998:

480px-United_States_House_of_Representat

Β 

Β 

3 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

🀨

What?

You obviously believe it or else you wouldn't have posted it.

The pretzels that you people twist yourself into just so you can promote your nonsense worldviews are quite something.

Β 

I believe that MANY polls indicate that there is a shift in black America toward the Republicans.

Do you believe ALL those polls are bullshit?

Β 

3 hours ago, Warrior said:

Steroids and amphetamines. Tend to make one a little angry - Riod rage.Β 

Β 

Biden delivered the speech energetically and stingingly enough that Republicans have been reduced to whining about his volume (too high)β€”or floating slanderous allegations of drug use.

image.png.280425ae34d3cbc9ff86fc365d4c2e0b.png

This is what Biden winning looks like

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

Votes are what matters.

I've shown time and time again to bozos like you and Bormio that such shifts that show up in polling are rarely, or sometimes never, correlated to actual vote.

Β 

So is that a "yes"?

Β 

14 minutes ago, concha said:

Gradual.

Over three decades.

You're obfuscating as usual.

I already covered this.

You're using House races to obscure the shift at the *national* level. House races were very much local until the mid-1990s.

πŸ‘‡

2 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

This is, again, cynical and disingenuous spin.

Old affiliations die hard. There are *still* ancestral Democrats in places like Arkansas and West Virginia who act and vote like Republicans. Zell Miller would've almost certainly been a Republican under any other circumstance but he stayed a Democrat until the very end. Why? Because he said FDR had saved his family during the Depression and they were New Deal Democrats so he would remain one to until the day he died.

That has zero to do with his actual political positions.

Until 1994, politics was still very local. Long-standing Democrats still won elections in places like that, and Republicans in New England, up until Gingrich sought to nationalize all the races.

That, again, has nothing to do with actual politics of the time.

Β 

13 minutes ago, concha said:

Translation from the LibBootLickerese:

"What concha stated is a fucking fact and I got nuthin'."

It's just, you know, the pesky little point that one has nothing to do with the other.

It's also a fact that when ice cream sales increase, so do drownings. A dishonest person like yourself would make this claim unironically and then pretend that you stated a fact.