Calipari is the worst BB coach in history based on talent.

58 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Saw an interview where he said “ I don’t care about championships I care about getting my players in the NBA lottery”. 😳🤔

But they were projected to be lottery picks before he got them so what did he exactly do to help them. If anything he hurt them by showing that they cant become team players and win when it counts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

Freshmen lead teams are always gonna struggle in a 64 team format. 

That being said I’d take him in a minute over McMahon. At least we’d have 5* talent. 

5 stars that play like 0 stars when it is money time under his coaching.

3 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

5 stars that play like 0 stars when it is money time under his coaching.

He has won and has been there at the end and not won as well. I chuckle at people thinking because of all of his talent he should have more titles. A lot of luck involved as well and the best team doesn’t always win. 

I think if he goes elsewhere he’ll want to prove he still can do it. I may be wrong. He has done more than just about anybody, including both of our guys. 

On 3/22/2024 at 11:07 AM, I AM IRONMAN said:

Saw an interview where he said “ I don’t care about championships I care about getting my players in the NBA lottery”. 😳🤔

I’ll take “Things John Calipari Definitely Did Not Say,” for $1,000 please, Alex.

image.png.161f06c6759389be16e0d84c670e814d.png

On 3/22/2024 at 11:33 AM, HooverOutlaw said:

WJOX said Calipari in the last 10 years has had more 5 stars and players in the NBA than any school and has zero titles to show for it. 

The Title he won 2 years before those 10 and a $33 mil buyout is why he is still there.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

He has won and has been there at the end and not won as well. I chuckle at people thinking because of all of his talent he should have more titles. A lot of luck involved as well and the best team doesn’t always win. 

I think if he goes elsewhere he’ll want to prove he still can do it. I may be wrong. He has done more than just about anybody, including both of our guys. 

Nate Oats with 1/4 of the talent has done better the last 4 years. His problem is not just winning the national title he can't even make it out of the first weekend for several years now. His 1 and done worked 1 fluke year and that's it. You would think he would have learned and changed. He is a great recruiter but maybe the worst game day coach in the history of the game at any level. 

If he had say western Kentucky talent could he win 5 games a year. 

47 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Believe now? No need to reply, I know it takes both hands to remove your foot from your mouth 🤣🤣🤣🤣🫵

Nope. Nobody showed him say “I don’t care about championships” like you claim, because he didn’t. Keep digging though, when you show it I’ll definitely believe it.

• Haha 1

On 3/23/2024 at 3:21 PM, Sweetlarry said:

Freshmen lead teams are always gonna struggle in a 64 team format. 

That being said I’d take him in a minute over McMahon. At least we’d have 5* talent. 

Colin Cowherd said it best.  4 and 5 star 18 year olds can’t compete against 21 sometimes 22 year olds…so much more time in the gym/ college level practices and competition.  That dude is spot on on so many things 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 10:28 AM, GoBigBlack said:

Nope. Nobody showed him say “I don’t care about championships” like you claim, because he didn’t. Keep digging though, when you show it I’ll definitely believe it.

When he said that he cares about getting players drafted and not winning a national championship, that, to me, tells me that he doesn't value winning a national championship.  The story made it like if the players get drafted in the NBA, their skill would make a national title just come as a result.  That may work at some places, but Kentucky isn't one of those places.  One of the bluest of the blue bloods (only UCLA have more national titles, I believe), their fan base cares A LOT about winning nattys in basketball.  And for all the talent that has come and left Lexington, only 1 title there is a helluva weak resume.   Definitely not on the level of Coach K or Roy Williams.

• Like 1