SJB vs Santa Margarita (40-38 Final)

954gator

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

IMGs advantage is that they will have beaten top teams from 6 different states mostly on the road. Mater Deis a home body and only has BG & BC OOS.

It hurts IMG that they didnt play SFA or SJC... had IMG played and beat those 2 then they would be the National Champs without dispute. But they didnt play them... so MD has a good chance.

Mater Dei needs to hope they play Corona Centennial in the playoffs and beats them by 20 or more.

It also hurts IMG that they struggled in two games that the opponents QB got injured.Really creates doubt they would have won those games 

I want to see Mater Dei play a real GA defense.

Not Colquitt... although Im sure Colquitts D would play ok, I doubt Colquitts awful O could keep up.

Lowndes & Mater Dei would be a high scoring 52-42 type game.

I want to see how Mater Deis O does vs Grayson or Archers D. Im not saying Grayson or Archer win... I simply want to see it because both thrive on defense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

It also hurts IMG that they struggled in two games that the opponents QB got injured.Really creates doubt they would have won those games 

What games? They struggled to win a game by 3 TDs against a top 10-12 team?lol...

Whats the other? Chandler? 

You will never understand that IMG matches up with ALL teams for some reason. There isnt a bad matchup for them. Cen10 is as bad as it gets for IMG. A game vs SJB would be completely different.

IMG toys with teams. Has to keep teams interested in playing them... giving false hope.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

What games? They struggled to win a game by 3 TDs against a top 10-12 team?lol...

Whats the other? Chandler? 

You will never understand that IMG matches up with ALL teams for some reason. There isnt a bad matchup for them. Cen10 is as bad as it gets for IMG. A game vs SJB would be completely different.

IMG toys with teams. Has to keep teams interested in playing them... giving false hope.

Bad read on IMG.They didn’t toy with CC last year and only won on bad coaching decision.They most definitely struggled with CC for 3 and half Qrt this year same with Chandler 

3 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Unfortunately it's true. IMG has locked up the MNC this year.

Just ignore the California posters with all their shucking and jiving

Another transparent post by a sour grapes homer whose team is out of the MNC discussion and has joined the anti MD club.  BTW, think about what your team would be without CA transfers.  You're most recognizable player ever came from San Diego.

6 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Another transparent post by a sour grapes homer whose team is out of the MNC discussion and has joined the anti MD club.  BTW, think about what your team would be without CA transfers.  You're most recognizable player ever came from San Diego.

Jeez BG won 3 natties in a row .... little harsh! 

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

I want to see Mater Dei play a real GA defense.

Not Colquitt... although Im sure Colquitts D would play ok, I doubt Colquitts awful O could keep up.

Lowndes & Mater Dei would be a high scoring 52-42 type game.

I want to see how Mater Deis O does vs Grayson or Archers D. Im not saying Grayson or Archer win... I simply want to see it because both thrive on defense.

I know the new AD at MD, she was in my class and we’ve known each other for 20 years...if a GA team wants to do a home and home maybe...if not I won’t bother her

4 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Precisely, while IMG was still unbeaten.  So it's okay to rate BG over IMG, but not MD should they go undefeated.  Sounds like bias to me.

Gorman had an amazing OOS schedule last year. Beating the top FL team, another top 5 FL team, a top ten TX team, and then beating SJB. The 2016 Braves team is still rated as the second best team in CA history (according to CP). And the second best team from HI last year. 

MD's 2017 strength of schedule is nowhere near Gorman's 2016 SOS. 

2016 Gorman was one of the best teams in high school football history!

Just now, Las Vegas_JC said:

Gorman had an amazing OOS schedule last year. Beating the top FL team, another top 5 FL team, a top ten TX team, and then beating SJB. The 2016 Braves team is still rated as the second best team in CA history (according to CP). And the second best team from HI last year. 

MD's 2017 strength of schedule is nowhere near Gorman's 2016 SOS. 

2016 Gorman was one of the best teams in high school football history!

Did anybody argue that? NO.  BUT since you lost to MD and the environment is right to jump them, it's an ax to grind situation for you.

4 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

And you are going to back up a team who's best receiver acts like this during a post game interview. 

I'll tell you how I feel about shit like that.  My pro team is the NY Giants and I'll be the first to tell you that OBJ is my least favorite Giants receiver of all time.  His stupid antics outweigh all the good he does.  In high school that shit is even more disgusting.  But, how does that relate to the discussion?

BTW, not sure how closely you watched the IMG games vs Chandler and Cen10.  After both plays when the IMG DE#42 knocked the QB out, he pranced around doing weight room flexes whilst there was an obviously injured player on the ground.  I'm not into that either. 

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

Glass house’s and all

https://youtu.be/Yu8EYvWU3Yw

Two weeks before this game occurred Liberty was scheduled to play Reed. In the week leading up to that game (Liberty v Reed) a war of words was started on social media between the Patriots and Raiders. That culminated when at least one Raider player threw out racially disparaging comments ( including the N word ) towards the Patriots. The Gorman players heard about the racial comments made by the Reed players and lost their respect towards Reed. 

I don't agree with the tactic to not shake hands either. You shake hands and then go out and dominate your opponent. 

2 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Two weeks before this game occurred Liberty was scheduled to play Reed. In the week leading up to that game (Liberty v Reed) a war of words was started on social media between the Patriots and Raiders. That culminated when at least one Raider player threw out racially disparaging comments ( including the N word ) towards the Patriots. The Gorman players heard about the racial comments made by the Reed players and lost their respect towards Reed. 

I don't agree with the tactic to not shake hands either. You shake hands and then go out and dominate your opponent. 

Fair enough