SJB vs Santa Margarita (40-38 Final)

954gator

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

Uiagaleilei passed for over 400 yards in this game for SJB

I'm currently watching the replay of this game on www.asbn.tv and SM has a very porous defense. SJB passed for what appeared to be an 80 yard TD reception early in 3rd QTR. The TD was called back because of a crack back block by a SJB receiver after the catch. On the very next play SJB passed for a 45 yard TD. The SM run defense is also suspect. 

During the broadcast they also mentioned that SJB is building a new football stadium scheduled to open next year. Does anybody have renderings of the new stadium? 

5 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Two weeks before this game occurred Liberty was scheduled to play Reed. In the week leading up to that game (Liberty v Reed) a war of words was started on social media between the Patriots and Raiders. That culminated when at least one Raider player threw out racially disparaging comments ( including the N word ) towards the Patriots. The Gorman players heard about the racial comments made by the Reed players and lost their respect towards Reed. 

I don't agree with the tactic to not shake hands either. You shake hands and then go out and dominate your opponent. 

Why didn’t they shake MD’s hands after the coin toss?

8 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

SJB passed for what appeared to be an 80 yard TD reception early in 3rd QTR. The TD was called back because of a crack back block by a SJB receiver after the catch. On the very next play SJB passed for a 45 yard TD.

So the refs awarded SJB 35 yards for the penalty???

9 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

I'm currently watching the replay of this game on www.asbn.tv and SM has a very porous defense. SJB passed for what appeared to be an 80 yard TD reception early in 3rd QTR. The TD was called back because of a crack back block by a SJB receiver after the catch. On the very next play SJB passed for a 45 yard TD. The SM run defense is also suspect. 

During the broadcast they also mentioned that SJB is building a new football stadium scheduled to open next year. Does anybody have renderings of the new stadium? 

It's basically their same field with the addition of field turf.  Nothing close to The Bishop 

15 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Whos better... 2013 Booker T. Washington, 2015 Katy, 2015 Colquitt Co.,  2016 Bishop Gorman, or 2017 Mater Dei...

2017 Mater Dei is a Once in a Generation team.  They can name the score vs 99.9% of all teams.

Everyone knew that this years Offense would be historic, but when they picked up those two **** Linebackers, their front 7 can now match the front 7 of any of the teams mentioned above or in any other discussion

18 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Everyone knew that this years Offense would be historic, b

What I don’t get is why they don’t score more against SJB?  I’m not being sarcastic here, just trying to understand. With MD’s weapons, if they spread it out a bit, ran a little more up tempo, and let all the horses gallop, the gap should’ve greater, at least in context to MD’s current edition.

53 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

2017 Mater Dei is a Once in a Generation team.  They can name the score vs 99.9% of all teams.

Everyone knew that this years Offense would be historic, but when they picked up those two **** Linebackers, their front 7 can now match the front 7 of any of the teams mentioned above or in any other discussion

27 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Rank School State League Division W-L League W-L Division W-L Rating Schedule Strength Opponents' W-L
1 IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)   team preview   trend Florida Freelance   6-0   0-0 95.6 70.5 41-9
WINS: #4 Centennial (Corona, CA) (40-20), #7 Northwestern (Miami, FL) (21-0), #15 Central (Miami, FL) (24-15), #51 Venice (FL) (38-12), #59 East (Salt Lake City, UT) (43-19), #103 Chandler (AZ) (27-14), LOSSES: none

2 Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA)   team preview   trend Southern Trinity 1 8-0 3-0 (1st) 4-0 95.6 62.8 44-21
WINS: #6 St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA) (31-21), #12 JSerra (San Juan Capistrano, CA) (45-3), #19 Bergen Catholic (Oradell, NJ) (62-14), #23 Santa Margarita (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) (70-35), #24 Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas, NV) (35-21), #164 Bishop Amat (La Puente, CA) (31-7), #204 St. Mary's (Stockton, CA) (52-14), #2549 La Mirada (CA) (42-0), LOSSES: none

Good morning GSB.  Did you figure out a way to have this autoposted each time Sammy weighs in.😄😄😄

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, On2whls said:

What I don’t get is why they don’t score more against SJB?  I’m not being sarcastic here, just trying to understand. With MD’s weapons, if they spread it out a bit, ran a little more up tempo, and let all the horses gallop, the gap should’ve greater, at least in context to MD’s current edition.

The goal was to win the game and avoid Cen10 in the Semi finals.  No need to take chances when they had a two score differential.  Same with the game vs. Bishop Gorman

40 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Rank School State League Division W-L League W-L Division W-L Rating Schedule Strength Opponents' W-L
1 IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)   team preview   trend Florida Freelance   6-0   0-0 95.6 70.5 41-9
WINS: #4 Centennial (Corona, CA) (40-20), #7 Northwestern (Miami, FL) (21-0), #15 Central (Miami, FL) (24-15), #51 Venice (FL) (38-12), #59 East (Salt Lake City, UT) (43-19), #103 Chandler (AZ) (27-14), LOSSES: none

2 Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA)   team preview   trend Southern Trinity 1 8-0 3-0 (1st) 4-0 95.6 62.8 44-21
WINS: #6 St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA) (31-21), #12 JSerra (San Juan Capistrano, CA) (45-3), #19 Bergen Catholic (Oradell, NJ) (62-14), #23 Santa Margarita (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) (70-35), #24 Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas, NV) (35-21), #164 Bishop Amat (La Puente, CA) (31-7), #204 St. Mary's (Stockton, CA) (52-14), #2549 La Mirada (CA) (42-0), LOSSES: none

That Chandler game Tho..........

Bad Bad Bad

49 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

This is not current

38 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The goal was to win the game and avoid Cen10 in the Semi finals.  No need to take chances when they had a two score differential.  Same with the game vs. Bishop Gorman

Prior to the season, I figured Cen10 would have no chance to make the finals.  But they’ve been steadily improving. My biggest concern is that they just aren’t getting enough reps at next level speed and contact. 

5 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Prior to the season, I figured Cen10 would have no chance to make the finals.  But they’ve been steadily improving. My biggest concern is that they just aren’t getting enough reps at next level speed and contact. 

Cen10 defense is much improved.  And the transfers had to sit the first 5 games.  Now they are playing.  Cen10 can match anyone score for score, but now has a defense that can get stops

16 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Cen10 defense is much improved

People keep saying that but other than IMG, the only semi legitimate team they’ve played is Narbonne, so it’s very hard to make an accurate assssment.  I didn’t see any new faces on D vs Santiago or Corona so if there are transfers they aren’t playing.  Saw one guy returning punts that’s a bit of a threat though.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, On2whls said:

Mostly because SJB is really good and as shown in their game, once they make the correct adjustments, they actually match up well with MD.