Texas Playoffs Rd #2 by Area

DevilDog

I watched the Sasche vs Rowlett game and the only word that came to mind was underachievers. I thought it was a fluke game but it was night. They get into a dog fight with any team with a pulse. They are extremely talented but they do not play like it. Hendrickson has some athletes and just watch Sasche play them close (they should beat them 21 but will win by 7 or less).  I know very little about Cedar Ridge so I can't speak about them. We just lost to Coppell and played them better than I thought we would. We lost because we fell apart in the 4th quarter. Gave up 20 straight points in the fourth quarter due to 3 turnovers. Coppell is a Woodlands clone. The Woodlands have a better set of receivers but Coppell has a better quarterback. Sasche got a great draw and Rockwall knocking off The Woodlands make their task so much more easier. I was not at the Rockwall game but I heard Rockwall receivers dropped more passes than they caught.

14 minutes ago, Grainraiser said:

I watched the Sasche vs Rowlett game and the only word that came to mind was underachievers. I thought it was a fluke game but it was night. They get into a dog fight with any team with a pulse. They are extremely talented but they do not play like it. Hendrickson has some athletes and just watch Sasche play them close (they should beat them 21 but will win by 7 or less).  I know very little about Cedar Ridge so I can't speak about them. We just lost to Coppell and played them better than I thought we would. We lost because we fell apart in the 4th quarter. Gave up 20 straight points in the fourth quarter due to 3 turnovers. Coppell is a Woodlands clone. The Woodlands have a better set of receivers but Coppell has a better quarterback. Sasche got a great draw and Rockwall knocking off The Woodlands make their task so much more easier. I was not at the Rockwall game but I heard Rockwall receivers dropped more passes than they caught.

I watched the sachse game, rockwall was outplayed. The stats back that up too.

Sachse had 2 close games out of 12, they hardly play to competition routinely. The only ex. you all bring up is rowlett, but many of your fans were saying after last week's game that rockwall was SC material and they would expose sachse...that didn't happen. But now you are downplaying rockwall....

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

I watched the sachse game, rockwall was outplayed. The stats back that up too.

Sachse had 2 close games out of 12, they hardly play to competition routinely. The only ex. you all bring up is rowlett, but many of your fans were saying after last week's game that rockwall was SC material and they would expose sachse...that didn't happen. But now you are downplaying rockwall....

You had better go check my post because I never said Rockwall was SC material. They are better than their record but I never said they were SC worthy. I did say that Sachse would not blow them out and the game would be decided by 7pts or less. The only difference between Rockwall and Sachse was Christian Cole rushing for 184 yards. Other than that their stats were nearly identical. it took a goal line stand with seconds on the clock for Sachse to get the win. That's a close game anyway you look at it.

2 minutes ago, Grainraiser said:

You had better go check my post because I never said Rockwall was SC material. They are better than their record but I never said they were SC worthy. I did say that Sachse would not blow them out and the game would be decided by 7pts or less. The only difference between Rockwall and Sachse was Christian Cole rushing for 184 yards. Other than that their stats were nearly identical. it took a goal line stand with seconds on the clock for Sachse to get the win. That's a close game anyway you look at it.

Sachse drove easily inside the Rockwall 20 only to false start or have bad QB/ctr exchanges, they came away with no pts.  I counted at least 21-24 pts they left on the field.  

Yes, Christian cole is a difference maker but he gets those yards bc of their OL.  They can run or pass very well, mayden had all day to throw back there.

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Sachse drove easily inside the Rockwall 20 only to false start or have bad QB/ctr exchanges, they came away with no pts.  I counted at least 21-24 pts they left on the field.  

Yes, Christian cole is a difference maker but he gets those yards bc of their OL.  They can run or pass very well, mayden had all day to throw back there.

Sachse had 80 more total yards than Rockwall.  Rockwall had slightly more passing yards than Sachse. They both had 1 turnover apiece and both committed 7 penalties. I am not sure how you can say Sachse would have dominated when they nearly the same stats as Rockwall. You say they played 2 bad games out of twelve. Well those two games were the two best teams they played and both of those teams ended the season with .500 records. You can ride with Sachse if you want but their play speaks for itself. The fact of the matter is they struggle with average teams. No way do they go undefeated in any other district in the  Dallas area with DISD being the exception.  They are a talented team who struggles with any team with a pulse. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

At the timeframe ET lost to Union, they also lost to a Texas 5A team 31-14. Union is rated correctly. 

If we lived in California we would now be saying Trinity could beat Tulsa Union.

I believe the game would likely be closer - not willing to say Trinity would win.

I believe Trinity will get beat prior to the Championship game.

1 hour ago, Grainraiser said:

Sachse had 80 more total yards than Rockwall.  Rockwall had slightly more passing yards than Sachse. They both had 1 turnover apiece and both committed 7 penalties. I am not sure how you can say Sachse would have dominated when they nearly the same stats as Rockwall. You say they played 2 bad games out of twelve. Well those two games were the two best teams they played and both of those teams ended the season with .500 records. You can ride with Sachse if you want but their play speaks for itself. The fact of the matter is they struggle with average teams. No way do they go undefeated in any other district in the  Dallas area with DISD being the exception.  They are a talented team who struggles with any team with a pulse. 

Here is the problem.

People believe Rockwall isn't any good because of the record.  Your eyes do not lie - they do have a bunch of good looking Football players with multiple D1 kids mixed in...

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

My comment is actually a compliment to ET, as it shows they've improved since getting waxed by union and colleyville early in the season.

Maybe they underachieved or if you know that district you realize there are others just like them.  Bottom line they are better than the record suggest.

This is Texas Football...Understanding our quality depth will help everyone understand that sometimes 5 loss teams can be pretty damn good.

If this was 5 loss team coming out of the Keller district - they wouldn't be at this level.

Horsefly - I didn't mean to put your post in the middle of my post.

However- Trinity has improved.  I really thought Duncanville would win that game.  However, I  thought that Duncanville might struggle to stop Trinity's running game.

Duncanville will build upon this season. 

Last thought - imho - this district was down this year 

5 hours ago, Grainraiser said:

I'm riding sachse all the way to rd 4, which is where I projected them to go months ago.  

Anything else beyond that is gravy. 

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

Katy is a good pick this year!

Preseason #1 Judson is out too.   Go back and look at the Dave Campbell preseason rankings and see how much teams have moved around.  That's another reason why I think any  national poll is silly.  If Texas is tough to predict, so is one on a national level.

Through out the records come playoff time.  

Let your eyes see beyond records.  Rockwall has a damn good looking FB team - they have multiple D1 kids mixed in with good HS players.  

This is Texas Football and sometimes you can't fully determine the quality of ball being played based on the record.

IMHO that was good playoff win for Sachse!

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Preseason #1 Judson is out too.   Go back and look at the Dave Campbell preseason rankings and see how much teams have moved around.  That's another reason why I think any  national poll is silly.  If Texas is tough to predict, so is one on a national level.

Agree - national polls are worthless.  

The problem in Texas is our depth - there is a lot of teams capable of beating each other.

21 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Agree - national polls are worthless.  

The problem in Texas is our depth - there is a lot of teams capable of beating each other.