Texas Playoffs Rd #2 by Area

DevilDog

14 minutes ago, Texasball said:

6A Div 1 final 8 has chance to be very special - so glad Katy is in D1 this year.

Region 1 - Trinity vs Allen

Region 2 - Sachse vs Coppell

Region 3 - Katy vs North Shore

Region 4 - Lake Travis vs O'Connor

Don't sleep on O'Connor!

6A D2 has the potential to be no slouch either.

region 1 - midway vs SLC

region 2 - westfield vs collins

region 3 - cy fair vs langham creek

region 4 - westlake vs Steele

43 minutes ago, Texasball said:

6A Div 1 final 8 has chance to be very special - so glad Katy is in D1 this year.

Region 1 - Trinity vs Allen

Region 2 - Sachse vs Coppell

Region 3 - Katy vs North Shore

Region 4 - Lake Travis vs O'Connor

Don't sleep on O'Connor!

LT will handle O'Connor. They were taken to overtime by an average Brennan team, and just got by Warren (by a score of 27-23). They do have a good win over Steele, but the Knights are not a power this year. 

9 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

LT will handle O'Connor. They were taken to overtime by an average Brennan team, and just got by Warren (by a score of 27-23). They do have a good win over Steele, but the Knights are not a power this year. 

The only common opponent is steele...and they performed better.

they also have a good win over Clemens..who beat SV. 

Dont fall into the trap by looking at who they struggled with.  On paper, no reason to think ET would beat DVille, but they did just that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

The only common opponent is steele...and they performed better.

Dont fall into the trap by looking at who they struggled with.  On paper, no reason to think ET would beat DVille, but they did just that.

That is true, but... I just don't think they will beat LT. I don't think there is anything wrong with having that opinion. 

The one team that really scares me, out of the entire division one tournament, is Katy. They run the ball and play great defense. I'm hoping LT can continue to build off their win yesterday. They played with a lot of heart and took care of business. Last year's LT would run through the play-offs this year.

2 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Wellp...My run may end this weekend...

I REALLY wanted Midway to play Desoto tho...

Thanks again SLC 😐

I do have to give you kudos.  Earlier you did say that maybe midway was better than sachse.  I saw midway this past week and their offense is one of the best I've seen this season.  Weapons galore and they can score from anywhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

I do have to give you kudos.  Earlier you did say that maybe midway was better than sachse.  I saw midway this past week and their offense is one of the best I've seen this season.  Weapons galore and they can score from anywhere.

That's what I was banking on....

That and Hulme is "semi-mentored" by Briles...who we both know as an offensive genius...

And the guy was decent at Mansfield...

As for the better thing...Really can't say 100%...(Different playoff brackets).  And Sasche (for all the ribbing I give them) is still in...

All that matters now...

22 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

That is true, but... I just don't think they will beat LT. I don't think there is anything wrong with having that opinion. 

The one team that really scares me, out of the entire division one tournament, is Katy. They run the ball and play great defense. I'm hoping LT can continue to build off their win yesterday. They played with a lot of heart and took care of business. Last year's LT would run through the play-offs this year.

"RUN" through the playoffs?  LOL

Q:  Why does LT use an inflatable helmet instead of a run-through banner before their games?

A:  They don't want to begin the game with negative yardage.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I wish the Lake Travis fans would take offense and come back at you! That could be fun. 

In my mind I saw them all, more than a little bit over-weight clicking off safe. Kinda like this...

Image result for john goodman cocking a gun

xD

If the LT fans that post on the Texas site were over here, you'd get your wish....😂

• Like 1

On 25/11/2017 at 9:11 PM, Horsefly said:

I watched the sachse game, rockwall was outplayed. The stats back that up too.

Sachse had 2 close games out of 12, they hardly play to competition routinely. The only ex. you all bring up is rowlett, but many of your fans were saying after last week's game that rockwall was SC material and they would expose sachse...that didn't happen. But now you are downplaying rockwall....

On a good day Rockwall was dangerous they took out Highland Park at the beginning of the year.

They lost to Horn 31-30. They beat the Woodlands 23 to 7.

I'm thinking Rockwall was pretty damn good

On 25/11/2017 at 9:31 PM, Horsefly said:

At the timeframe ET lost to Union, they also lost to a Texas 5A team 31-14. Union is rated correctly. 

Trinity sucked at the beginning of the year. Southlake wouldnt much better. But I can say they look different now.

Like to see them play those team's they lost to now.