ATLien’s GHSA Championship Locks

ATLien12x

7A -Colquitt County (11-3) vs North Gwinnett (13-1) 

The Granddaddy of them all. An early gift from Santa for all of us to enjoy.

North Gwinnett defeated Grayson in the 2nd round, I think it prepares them for this contest. That big win was really impressive and a real statement for the Bulldogs program. Grayson defeated Alabama 7A State Champion Hoover and potential Louisiana State Champion John Curtis (both by two scores). N Gwinnett went up on Grayson 14-0, then 28-14 standpoint before the final 35-28 victory. N Gwinnett is battle tested off that game and the three early turnovers against McEachern last week. Found a way to come back and win big (Grayson was good enough to win it all in Georgia. Fast and athletic as anyone in the state) 

Colquitt is in metro Atlanta for a FIFTH straight Friday. Pretty crazy. 240+ miles for over a month straight is tough but that’s what hard summers are for dammit. Daijun Edwards has been a HOSS these playoffs. Three 100+ yard games in his last five. Y’all watch out for #3 to do some damage Saturday night. Also pay attention for #4 Jay Ward, an underrated corner back that’s stepped up this postseason. He has to play big against N Gwinnett WR Josh Downs. Colquitt kicker Ryan Fitzgerald is a monster. He’s gonna be the difference as the Pack wins this one by six. Going on a playoff run of beating undefeated Walton, undefeated Archer (beat Grayson), and a Brookwood team that spanked them in September is impressive. Somehow, someway, the magic continues on Saturday.

All stats listed are per GHSA DAILY released this morning: 

N Gwinnett QB stats: 2292 yards, 31 Touchdowns 

N Gwinnett RB stats. 1338 yards, 25 Touchdowns 

Colquitt QB Stats: 2226 yards, 26 Touchdowns 

Colquitt RB Stats: two key runners, 1231 yards & 984 yards separately  

Edwards (RB) , Krajewski (QB), and Fitzpatrick (K)  find the 4th quarter magic to bring another one to Moultrie, their most special trophy yet. My prediction: Colquitt 34, N Gwinnett 28 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Coffee (10-3) vs Lee County (13-1) 

Coffee upset everyone’s favorite Tucker last week 14-3 up in Atlanta. Lee County rallied from down 17 to start the 4th (38-21) to win 42-38.  

These two are in the same region. Both South Georgia.  Lee County beat Coffee 23-7 earlier this year, but let’s look at the whole story. It was 13-7 Lee in the 4th quarter before a long punt return touchdown pulled this game away a bit w/ 6 minutes left. Coffee fumbled their next drive, Lee got an easy field goal after getting the ball at the 18. So this 23-7 game was actually 13-7 Lee with 6 minutes to go in the 4th before a punt return touchdown and a fumble inside the red zone. Huge back to back blows against Coffee 

Lee County QB stats: 3099 passing yards 

Lee County WR Stats: 1221 receiving yards 

Coffee QB Stats 2140 passing, 436 rushing 

Coffee RB Stats 1242 yards, 17 Touchdowns 

I’m going Coffee in the rematch, 27- 21. They’re highly motivated for multiple reasons and playing their best ball right now. Trojans get it done (see what I did there) Gritty defense and a strong rushing offense usually beats an open air attack on a neutral field in my opinion.  

5A 

Warner Robins (14-0) vs Rome (14-0) 

Warner Robins went 3-8 in 2016, que the transfer of Dylan Fromm (younger brother of UGA QB Jake Fromm) and now they’re 14-0 and partying in the Benz tomorrow night. That said, they’ve played a lot of close games all year and are going up against one of the best 5A teams of all time. Ruh roh for them

Rome is 14-0 and seventeen points away from setting the GHSA ALL TIME SCORING RECORD. Rome has scored 42+ in 13 straight games and have scored 56+ points 7x this year. They are not just beating teams, they are destroying everyone. Only 3 teams (14 games) have scored more than 14, and only two did it on the starters. See the trend continuing on Friday limiting WR 

————————

Warner Robins QB: 3437 yards, 35 Touchdowns 

Warner Robins RB: 1248 rushing yards 

Warner Robins WR: 1123 yards, 12 Touchdowns 

Rome QB: 1957 passing yards, 664 yards rushing 

Rome RB: 1297 yards, 27 Touchdowns 

Rome RB: 971 yards, 14 Touchdowns 

Rome will win this game in dominating fashion. Too much talent on offense. Too much talent on defense. Rome wins 44-13  

4A 

Blessed Trinity (12-2) vs Marist (14-0) A private school 4A rematch for a State Championship! FEELS LIKE JERSEY BABYYYY. What a barn burner these two played the first game- for the region championship. Marist won 25-24 on a touchdown and two point conversion with under a minute to go! Marist, a triple option team, converted two 4th downs through the air to that big TE to find the end zone and the 2PAT, escaping with a 25-24 road victory. 

Y’all know the story. That loss put Blessed Trinity on Cartersville quadrant and they pulled off one of the bigger upsets in GHSA playoff history, snapping the 40+ game winning streak. 

Marist just kept on pounding the rock, playing defense, and now they’re back in the State title for the first time since 2008. 

Blessed Trinity QB: 2020 yards, 

Blessed Trinity RB 1250 yards rushing

Blessed Trinity RB 1231 yards rushing

Marist QB: 1590 passing, 690 rushing, 28 TD 

Marist RB: 892 rushing 16 TD  

Blessed Trinity is easily the more talented team. The bigger school w/ better athletes. Yet Marist found a way to win the first game on the road and I expect them to do It again. The easy pick is BT here to avenge them but I’m rolling w/ Chadwick and the Marist crew 24-16

3A 

Calhoun (13-1) vs Peach County (13-1) 

A battle of the surprises!! Calhoun defeated No. 1 Cedar Grove 14-6 last week upsetting them and finding their way to the Benz. Peach County went on the road and “upset”  Greater Atlanta Christian (GAC) in a game they controlled from start to finish. 

GAC vs Cedar Grove was the Title Game last year and everyone’s pick to rematch again, but Calhoun and Peach County wasn’t having that shit!!!

Calhoun QB 3263 passing yards, 32 Touchdowns 

Calhoun RB: 1219 rushing yards 

Peach County QB: 3031 yards, 23 Touchdowns 

Peach County RB: 1152 yards 

PC’s talented UGA WR commit will not play FRI 

Both have won state championships before

(Calhoun in 2011 and 2014) 

(Peach County in 2009) 

I like the balance more from Peach County after watching the semis on NFHS. They’re going to bring a lot of fans up from middle Georgia and be ready for this one. Calhoun has played in more of these of late but I think Peach County has one of the best kickers in the state and a gritty defense. Offense moves the ball well. I’m going Peach County 27-19

2A-Rabun County. 

1A Public- Clinch-That single wing is a bitch to stop. Clinch and Irwin are tied 21-21 all time vs each other so this will be a good tiebreaker. 

1A private-Eagles Landing Christian- ELC flat out killed Tennessee 5A state Champ 55-10. 

And then came back to GA and they've been beating their opponents on an average of 50+. 

I believe twice this season they won by 70. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

2A-Rabun County. 

1A Public- Clinch-That single wing is a bitch to stop. Clinch and Irwin are tied 21-21 all time vs each other so this will be a good tiebreaker. 

1A private-Eagles Landing Christian- ELC flat out killed Tennessee 5A state Champ 55-10. 

And then came back to GA and they've been beating their opponents on an average of 50+. 

I believe twice this season they won by 70. 

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. 

Hoss.. You coming up on the ATLien locks w/ that foolishness. I will let you know the LOCKS soon. Patience. 

Mine...

7A - North Gwinnett 23, Colquitt Co. 21

6A - Coffee 30, Lee Co. 27 F/OT

5A - Rome 38, Warner Robins 24

4A - Blessed Trinity 28, Marist 23

3A - Peach Co. 31, Calhoun 21

2A - Hapeville Charter 28, Rabun Co. 27

1A Private - ELCA 42, Athens Academy 14 (in their last 7 games... ELCA has won by scores of 76-6, 54-0, 70-0, 69-7, 54-0, 55-0, and 55-0... Outscoring teams 433-13 in that 7 game stretch, or by an average of 61.86-1.86 ppg)

1A Public - Irwin Co. 20, Clinch Co. 17

Watched North Gwinnetts OLB Jayden McDonald last week (Rutgers)... kid is a head-hunter... and had a very nice strip fumble vs McEachern... he hits like a Mack truck...

DJ Turner was a stud too.

Not much gets said about him but Javonni Cunningham had one of the best 1 handed catches Ive seen all year for NG too...

1 hour ago, TheXFactor said:

7A - North Gwinnett 30   Colquitt Co. 21

6A - Coffee 13   Lee Co. 28

5A - Rome 35  Warner Robins 17

4A - Blessed Trinity 28  Marist 24

3A - Peach Co. 24  Calhoun 20

2A - Hapeville Charter 30  Rabun Co. 23

Flip the Coffee and Lee scores.

Flip the North and Colquitt scores.

Then bet the house and land on it. 

xD

15 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

3A 

Calhoun (13-1) vs Peach County (13-1) 

A battle of the surprises!! Calhoun defeated No. 1 Cedar Grove 14-6 last week upsetting them and finding their way to the Benz. Peach County went on the road and “upset”  Greater Atlanta Christian (GAC) in a game they controlled from start to finish. 

GAC vs Cedar Grove was the Title Game last year and everyone’s pick to rematch again, but Calhoun and Peach County wasn’t having that shit!!!

Calhoun QB 3263 passing yards, 32 Touchdowns 

Calhoun RB: 1219 rushing yards 

Peach County QB: 3031 yards, 23 Touchdowns 

Peach County RB: 1152 yards 

PC’s talented UGA WR commit will not play FRI 

Both have won state championships before

(Calhoun in 2011 and 2014) 

(Peach County in 2009) 

I like the balance more from Peach County after watching the semis on NFHS. They’re going to bring a lot of fans up from middle Georgia and be ready for this one. Calhoun has played in more of these of late but I think Peach County has one of the best kickers in the state and a gritty defense. Offense moves the ball well. I’m going Peach County 27-19

L...

Hold it 😁

16 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

7A -Colquitt County (11-3) vs North Gwinnett (13-1) 

The Granddaddy of them all. An early gift from Santa for all of us to enjoy.

North Gwinnett defeated Grayson in the 2nd round, I think it prepares them for this contest. That big win was really impressive and a real statement for the Bulldogs program. Grayson defeated Alabama 7A State Champion Hoover and potential Louisiana State Champion John Curtis (both by two scores). N Gwinnett went up on Grayson 14-0, then 28-14 standpoint before the final 35-28 victory. N Gwinnett is battle tested off that game and the three early turnovers against McEachern last week. Found a way to come back and win big (Grayson was good enough to win it all in Georgia. Fast and athletic as anyone in the state) 

Colquitt is in metro Atlanta for a FIFTH straight Friday. Pretty crazy. 240+ miles for over a month straight is tough but that’s what hard summers are for dammit. Daijun Edwards has been a HOSS these playoffs. Three 100+ yard games in his last five. Y’all watch out for #3 to do some damage Saturday night. Also pay attention for #4 Jay Ward, an underrated corner back that’s stepped up this postseason. He has to play big against N Gwinnett WR Josh Downs. Colquitt kicker Ryan Fitzgerald is a monster. He’s gonna be the difference as the Pack wins this one by six. Going on a playoff run of beating undefeated Walton, undefeated Archer (beat Grayson), and a Brookwood team that spanked them in September is impressive. Somehow, someway, the magic continues on Saturday.

All stats listed are per GHSA DAILY released this morning: 

N Gwinnett QB stats: 2292 yards, 31 Touchdowns 

N Gwinnett RB stats. 1338 yards, 25 Touchdowns 

Colquitt QB Stats: 2226 yards, 26 Touchdowns 

Colquitt RB Stats: two key runners, 1231 yards & 984 yards separately  

Edwards (RB) , Krajewski (QB), and Fitzpatrick (K)  find the 4th quarter magic to bring another one to Moultrie, their most special trophy yet. My prediction: Colquitt 34, N Gwinnett 28 

How good is the qb that committed to the U... D. Williams 

1 minute ago, Zoe Boy said:

Very good player. He makes the team around him a lot better. He doesn’t play on the most talented team and he makes it work - I think he’s a good ball player. Raw athleticism just needs work and more training . Will do well under Richt. His ceiling is high

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Hes a stud. Just doesnt have the talent around him for his team to make any real noise in the playoffs. He'll be good.

Its J. Williams though, Jarren. He was at the Elite 11, finished middle of the pack.. But hes more of a player.

• Thanks 1