Looking live from Apogee Stadium in Denton Texas

Texasball

So much for North Shore putting up a decent fight.

I'm a little surprised at the 31 -  3 score. North Shore scored 3 points? That's an outrage lol. Katy must have not had their starters in.

Seriously it's looking to be one of those years for Katy. Lake Travis (assuming they win) and Allen are next to get steamrolled.

8 minutes ago, Champa said:

So much for North Shore putting up a decent fight.

I'm a little surprised at the 31 -  3 score. North Shore scored 3 points? That's an outrage lol. Katy must have not had their starters in.

Seriously it's looking to be one of those years for Katy. Lake Travis (assuming they win) and Allen are next to get steamrolled.

North shore did better than the score shows.  They had a freshman QB that was intrduced to playing a top team.  They rebuilt their team after the atascocita loss and replaced 17 starters.  They did fine...

katy will not steamroll Allen, it will be a tough game, but I do favor katy by about 10.  I  Hint thy will pressure Allen's QB and force him to make bad decisions.

9 minutes ago, Champa said:

Lake Travis currently losing. 10 - 7.

I admit I know next to nothing about San Antonio O Conner. I'm blindly assuming LT's got this. Maybe I'm wrong.

I saw them earlier in the year.  O'Connor is a decent team with good athletes, if you overlook them or don't execute they can win.

3 hours ago, Dub said:

Not nearly as good as '08, '12, '13 if you ask me. I'd favor Katy this year.

You would be wrong in my opinion.  Saw them all those teams live.  This is their best all around team. Kyler Murray bailed those teams out a lot including against ET a few years back.  This team is rarely ever behind and defense is bigger and this defense is much better.  Better RB and Receivers and QB had worse game I've seen this year still win by 3tds and dominated ET in 2nd half.  Katy will not beat these Collin County Eagles.  Can't wait.  Glad Lobos moving on.  Had some great battles with Waco Midway in 4A playoffs.  2A - 6A could be a Beast Texas family reunion at State. 

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

North shore did better than the score shows.  They had a freshman QB that was intrduced to playing a top team.  They rebuilt their team after the atascocita loss and replaced 17 starters.  They did fine...

katy will not steamroll Allen, it will be a tough game, but I do favor katy by about 10.  I  Hint thy will pressure Allen's QB and force him to make bad decisions.

Allen QB is horrible can't read a defense to save his ass. Solid runner but passes like Hurt from bama. We pressured him enough to expose this Katy rolls over Allen 38-20

Just now, DevilDog said:

You would be wrong in my opinion.  Saw them all those teams live.  This is their best all around team. Kyler Murray bailed those teams out a lot including against ET a few years back.  

That was in 2014 when neither had their best team, this year's Trinity team isn't as good as that one. Allen beat better teams by double digits from 2012-13 with the exception of '13 DeSoto, and a game Murray didn't start vs. Coppell in '12.

5 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Allen QB is horrible can't read a defense to save his ass. Solid runner but passes like Hurt from bama. We pressured him enough to expose this Katy rolls over Allen 38-20

That's what I'm thinking too, he's suspect in the pass game and they will feast on his weaknesses.  He crumbles in the pocket

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That's what I'm thinking too, he's suspect in the pass game and they will feast on his weaknesses.  He crumbles in the pocket

Yep big time. As soon as he thinks he is under pressure. Warrented or not he takes off. We just missed to many tackles Katy won't. 

Really I was not overly impressed with Allen today. Thy are solid but if they are the best Texas has well then it's a down yr for us.  

I seriously think Katy rolls them. 

Man I can't wait for next yr. We will open the yr as one of the top 3 teams in the state. We return so many kids snd have quite a few ready to play. I believe we are back on the map

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

Yep big time. As soon as he thinks warrented or not he takes off. We just missed to many tackles Katy won't. 

Really I was not overly impressed with Allen today. Thy are solid but if they are the best Texas has well then it's a down yr for us.  

I seriously think Katy rolls them. 

Man I can't wait for next yr. We will open the yr as one of the top 3 teams in the state. We return so many kids snd have quite a few ready to play. I believe we are back on the map

I'll be honest they better not overlook cedar ridge, they are a solid team with good team speed

Allen will beat any team they play.  They didn't need to throw it all over the field on ET.  They dominated the whole 2nd half.  ET is the worst passing team in 6A.  They are balanced he did what he does each game.  ET flushed him out of pocket and he made plays.  They are balanced.  Balanced teams don't look spectacular beating you then you look up and you lose by 3tds.  That should be good enough.  4rds deep and they are beating teams by 3tds

Allen was not impressive :D.  Next week the same will be said when they methodically dominate.  By the way #40. For ET is the best blocking HB.  That kid is a mauler and kept the RB clear to run on those sweeps. ET would have beat 99% of the teams left in Playoffs today.  They played one of the 5%.  By the way Allen looked like this vs ECA, Coppell, CH etc all lost.