Looking live from Apogee Stadium in Denton Texas

Texasball

11 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Allen will beat any team they play.  They didn't need to throw it all over the field on ET.  They dominated the whole 2nd half.  ET is the worst passing team in 6A.  They are balanced he did what he does each game.  ET flushed him out of pocket and he made plays.  They are balanced.  Balanced teams don't look spectacular beating you then you look up and you lose by 3tds.  That should be good enough.  4rds deep and they are beating teams by 3tds

I don't think it's out of the question that Allen can beat Katy, their just not as good as '12, '13 which won every game by double digits except for a DeSoto team in '13 better than every team they've played to this point this year and a Coppell game in '12 Murray didn't start.

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

North shore did better than the score shows.  They had a freshman QB that was intrduced to playing a top team.  They rebuilt their team after the atascocita loss and replaced 17 starters.  They did fine...

katy will not steamroll Allen, it will be a tough game, but I do favor katy by about 10.  I  Hint thy will pressure Allen's QB and force him to make bad decisions.

Katy will be the best defense Allen has probably ever faced.

Katy will pressure the Allen QB

I looked at DD tonight and Said Allen has not passed blocked very good in this game vs Trinity

This Katy offense is more than running the rock.  The QB can spin it and more athletic than recent QBs from Katy.  They have speed on the outside - Big OL and two Div 1 RB's 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Katy will be the best defense Allen has probably ever faced.

Katy will pressure the Allen QB

I looked at DD tonight and Said Allen has not passed blocked very good in this game vs Trinity

This Katy offense is more than running the rock.  The QB can spin it and more athletic than recent QBs from Katy.  They have speed on the outside - Big OL and two Div 1 RB's 

Agree.   But, Allen needs to worry about cedar ridge.  That may not be a gimme. 

1 hour ago, Dub said:

I don't think it's out of the question that Allen can beat Katy, their just not as good as '12, '13 which won every game by double digits except for a DeSoto team in '13 better than every team they've played to this point this year and a Coppell game in '12 Murray didn't start.

Not true.  Hell Skyline was killing them till the qb broke his hand.  Flashier yes because of Kyler.  2012 they beat plano by 1pt and struggled with Skyline and Mesquite..  13 team was good and valid argument.  Again flashier this is a balanced team not blowing people out just dominating.  By the way this team has double digit wins the whole season too.  They have held 6 teams to 10 pts or less.  Every playoff game won by double digits and scored 40+ in 3 straight games and no team within 2 tds of them including a very good Martin team and improved ET

36 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Not true.  Hell Skyline was killing them till the qb broke his hand.  Flashier yes because of Kyler.  2012 they beat plano by 1pt and struggled with Skyline and Mesquite..  13 team was good and valid argument.  Again flashier this is a balanced team not blowing people out just dominating.  

You seem to be mixing '14 with '13, '12. '14 was when their defense wasn't as good and they struggled with Dutch Fork and the Skyline qb broke his hand. And how are they a more balanced team than '12 and '13 when they're not as good at qb and pass protection. And lastly, Trinity's not as good this year as they were in even '14, and none of the teams Allen has played this year are good as 2012 or 2013 DeSoto.

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Allen was not impressive :D.  Next week the same will be said when they methodically dominate.  By the way #40. For ET is the best blocking HB.  That kid is a mauler and kept the RB clear to run on those sweeps. ET would have beat 99% of the teams left in Playoffs today.  They played one of the 5%.  By the way Allen looked like this vs ECA, Coppell, CH etc all lost.  

Katy destroys Allen

• Confused 1

I remember thinking Lake Travis was the best team in the state in 2015. I fully expected them to beat Katy when the two teams played. Then the game started. Lake Travis didn't even belong on the field with that Katy team. It was a straight up ass kicking.

Never ever bet against Gary Joseph when he's got Katy playing defense like they are now.  Gary Joseph, whose arguably the best coach in Texas football history, has been down this road several times before.

As far as who Katy has played, they played The Woodlands, who beat Allen last year. The Woods just happened to pull off the choke job of the year against Rockwall. It happens. This Katy team right now is a lot better than they were that game.

14 minutes ago, Dub said:

I wouldn't say that much but I'd favor Katy by 7-10 pts.

Most of you think Katy beats them.  I judge teams off what I see.  Texasball travels as much as I do so I value that he sees these teams in person.  We disagree on this 1.  But I know he will be in the same building to watch.  Allen is not going to be blown out by anyone in Texas or the nation.  Yes they can lose here.  They are healthy and balanced.  I don't know who here have seen as many of their games live as I have the last decade.  So I place value on my eyes.  this is the most balanced Allen team of the bunch IMHO.  Keep selling that QB short.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

So I place value on my eyes.  this is the most balanced Allen team of the bunch IMHO.  Keep selling that QB short.  

I never said he sucked or anything about a blow out just he's obviously no Murray and their offensive line and competition isn't as good as '12, '13 based on what I've seen.

6 minutes ago, Champa said:

As far as who Katy has played, they played The Woodlands, who beat Allen last year. The Woods just happened to pull off the choke job of the year against Rockwall. It happens. This Katy team right now is a lot better than they were that game.

Yeah, but was it a choke job? ;) Allen has played a much stronger schedule.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Champa said:

I remember thinking Lake Travis was the best team in the state in 2015. I fully expected them to beat Katy when the two teams played. Then the game started. Lake Travis didn't even belong on the field with that Katy team. It was a straight up ass kicking.

Lake Travis is a spread team that had no speed. They posed no threat to the Katy defense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Champa said:

Never ever bet against Gary Joseph when he's got Katy playing defense like they are now.  Gary Joseph, whose arguably the best coach in Texas football history, has been down this road several times before.

Allen isn't like that One dimensional LT team.  Allen has a huge defense and versatile on offense.  No one way to attack them.  MLB is small everyone else not.  Katy is Katy and no doubt tougher than a $2.00 steak   ET with their keep away football lost by 3 td's.  That ET team improved a lot from weeks1 - 2 and lost by 3tds. Martin dominated as well.  Allen is not flashy

Just now, DevilDog said:

Allen isn't like that One dimensional LT team.  Allen has a huge defense and versatile on offense.  No one way to attack them.  MLB is small everyone else not.  Katy is Katy and no doubt tougher than a $2.00 steak   ET with their keep away football lost by 3 td's.  That ET team improved a lot from weeks1 - 2 and lost by 3tds. Martin dominated as well.  Allen is not flashy

We were ripping first down after first fown against that vaunted D until Courage got hurt. That was when the game changed. The Allen team that played today loses to Katy. 

This allen team is no way near there best team. Kyler Murrsy's Jr year was Allen's best team. There isn't even a comparison in Murray and todays Allen QB

• Like 1