week 15 Tiers

Sammyswordsman

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

To be honest...even since Lowndes made the move to a hybrid spread offense...they're a running team.  They're a former Wing T operation who can frigging run the ball.  Their all-everything QB...Mr. Barrett....just added to their capabilities.  BUT...when they found a REAL good deep threat at WR....you couldn't stack the deck against the run.  As I've said before a few times....

Lowndes would stomp a mudhole in most teams.

A MUDHOLE !!!!!

Rufus>>

Once Lowndes adopts a hybrid West Coast offense they thrash Colquitt's defense for 300 rushing yards two years in a row?  Coincidence?  I think not!

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Once Lowndes adopts a hybrid West Coast offense they thrash Colquitt's defense for 300 rushing yards two years in a row?  Coincidence?  I think not!

Sammy...it's not a West Coast offense.  It's more of a Wing T that looks like some sort of spread.  I don't think the Lowndes fans even know how to describe it.  The bottom line is....the Vikings can RUN the ball....and they're getting better at passing it.

Rufus>>

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Youd also have to beat Walton, Archer, & Brookwood again... Of which youve never played that many good teams in a row.

Remember those teams were all rated much higher too before losing to Colquitt.

None of Lakeland, Clovis West (lol), nor STA were as good as any of Lowndes, Tift, Brookwood(x2), Walton, & Archer ... Now North Gwinnett... And youd be playing in a state where the run is actually defended.

Youre also using CalPreps. Coming to GA is a different ball game entirely than what youre use to.

Its not a coincidence you lose OOS.

Switch schedules with Colquitt over the last 10 years and Colquitt wins 7 MNCs... Being referred to now only as "GOAT". Unfortunately we cant all play SRVs every week.

Only thing I have to say is Sammy made an error by liking this drivel and you have a child’s imagination 

playing a top 10 team in your last game every year is more difficult than playing the GA state champion 10 weeks in a row

#getreal

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

You just proved my point...

Colquitt also isnt gifted a spot in the top 15 every year no matter what they do. They play in one of the toughest Regions & especially playoff brackets in the country.

Their last 3 opponents were 34-2, and Colquitt beat them all on the road. And the 2 losses were to one of those 3 teams... They were all top 60 before Colquitt beat them, and for a GA team to get that high, even with the boost, at CP means they were damn good.

Their loss last year was by 3 points (after 3 missed FGs) to a Top 10 team... And Colquitt had 4 in-state losses.

They lost to Hoover in 2013 by 14 (a year later they beat Hoover by 21), and had 2 other instate losses.

In 2010... When they lost to the National Champions, South Panola, Colquitt was 5-5 in the regular season even losing to a GA 2A team the week before losing to SP... 

The whole point, is Colquitt has to actually PLAY good teams during the season. Where as DLS goes OOS, take their ass whipping, and goes back to CA and looks like a juggernaut... Because they play C-R-A-P. This has been established.

Don’t embarrass yourself further

when you see belly bob, just run

12 hours ago, Pops said:

i think if I clarified my statement to be consensus opinion as expressed in available rankings/ opinions, then my statement is more defensible to your particular challenge

make sense?

No, you just don't know anything about football outside of calpreps ratings so you just reflexively think silly things.

12 hours ago, Pops said:

i think we’d both agree they’d likely beat 8-4 Clovis West and unlikely to beat STA and the only difference is I’d give them at least a coin flip v Lakeland.  Close?

We're talking about East, UT?

Lakeland would kill them.

Elite speed and very good line play up front against a s-l-o-w Utah team that can't stay within two scores of Bingham.

18 hours ago, Pops said:

I knew you were a DLS guy — didn’t know the tenure — that’s impressive and seems like I ought to know you or of you (not too many were at all of those places)

are you one the spartanhood guys?  Outside of coaches, can’t imagine who went to UOP and Euless 16 years apart.  Got me curious.  

I was teasing a bit and obviously didn’t come across like that since Sammy also got bent out of joint (I assume you know Sammy is the Commisioner that I was complaining to)

I’ve been taking a shot at these tiers all year for reasons beyond DLS, which you may or may not know so I’ll excuse you the holier than thou “unlike you, I’m fair and impartial comment”.  I’ve probably got about 20 or 30 posts that say more or less the same thing you said — my only REAL issue with your positioning is I don’t think you have as good of a grasp of the competition when you suggest that DLS ought to drop if they don’t stay within 21 of MD.  Here’s my logic train:

— I think DLS is fairly ranked at 12th in the comp poll;  there is a very narrow band among all 5 comp polls (including CP which had DLS lower than humans until playoffs) — they are 11th to 15th in every poll.

— Sammy has 12 teams above DLS in his tiers, so he’s already out of line with conventional thinking to not have DLS in Tier3

– Sammy is clearly pandering to GA to gain acceptance of his “Tiers” — he’s not dumb and he knows where the clicks on this site come from.  North Gwinnett is Level 3, which you suggest DLS might attain by staying within 14 of the team SJB just lost to by 25.  North Gwinnett lost to Walton this year and, as you know, the only comparable team DLS lost to since 1991 is Clovis West in 2004 with their worst team since you became a fan in ‘89.  That team being already above DLS means to me that DLS is safe in Tier 4 even if they lose to MD in a similar fashion to the NJ state champ (Bergen Carholic who lost generously by 48 and also lost to Archbishop Wood).  CQ is in tier 4 and lost to Lowndes, Tift, and Brookwood.  SJC who DLS beat and is in tier 4 — their only other loss was to the team MD just beat by 25.  CC is in tier 4.  They were beaten by 28 by SJB the week before MD beat SJB by 25.  Where there are 13 if these teams in Tier 4 behind 12 teams in Tiers 1-3 and I think the only teams that can reasonably expect to stay within 21 if MD are IMG and SJB (which just failed to do so in 2nd attempt) — maybe I think more of MD than you?

this spartan team isn’t the ‘10-‘15 version or the ‘94 to ‘03 teams either or so I hear, but I think they’d stack up fine against the others despite the warts you mention, most of which I agree with

to summarize, I think they’ve fairly earned the rank they have in the comp (and all polls) of “mid-top 25” but that MD can name their score against whatever team(s) truly occupy those #10-15 slots.  Don’t you?

North Gwinnetts starting QB was hurt in Game 1 vs Walton... Ive heard it said thats a valid excuse.

7 hours ago, Pops said:

I don’t disagree from a betting perspective but east was clearly ranked higher and for valid reasons — sta imploded a bitblater and lost three games to inferior teams and Lakeland didn’t play anyone else of note until plant in post season who beat them 14-0.  If rankings reflect records and not performance, I’ll stick with what I said but I get your point and don’t disagree with the evaluation 

either way it’s a thin list for 26 years to suggest there’s be 3 worse this year in GA

Another instance of Pop not disagreeing, but then disagreeing anyway.

East was ranked higher because they didn't play anybody and they beat a legacy program on a last-second field goal.

The quintessential small state undefeated champion from second largest class.

No chance in hell of beating 2009 Lakeland.

17 minutes ago, Pops said:

Only thing I have to say is Sammy made an error by liking this drivel and you have a child’s imagination 

playing a top 10 team in your last game every year is more difficult than playing the GA state champion 10 weeks in a row

#getreal

Except garbage like Westlake, Crenshaw, and Servite (sry Sams) arent Top 10 teams.

A teams CalPreps rating is based on what state they reside in. Come to FL or GA and DLS never knows the feeling of Top 25 because they are taking multiple losses every season.

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

None of Lakeland, Clovis West (lol), nor STA were as good as any of Lowndes, Tift, Brookwood(x2), Walton, & Archer ... Now North Gwinnett... 

9_9

You love hypoethicals where your little fantasies can't be smashed into a million pieces.

You thought Valdosta was good and would keep it relatively close with Chandler.

Now you're selling other fantastical stories.

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Colquitt also isnt gifted a spot in the top 15 every year no matter what they do. They play in one of the toughest Regions & especially playoff brackets in the country.

How did he prove your point when he mentioned OOS games and you immediately retort with region and playoff games?

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

[...]

The whole point, is Colquitt has to actually PLAY good teams during the season. Where as DLS goes OOS, take their ass whipping, and goes back to CA and looks like a juggernaut... Because they play C-R-A-P. This has been established.

When did DLS go OOS, get their asses whipped, and look like a juggernaut in CA?

In 2015, they lost by 5 in TX and were later underdogs in the CA state championship game.

In 2011, they got their asses whipped in FL, but they barely escaped Bells in 2OT in CA. 

Once again, you haven't established your point.

And notice that Colquitt's going 1-3 against top-100 rated OOS teams doesn't prove that Colquitt plays better teams on average than DLS, although that may well be true. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pops said:

Your perspective is such, what's the word, shit.

But it proves my point that you just employ arguments that are favorable to DLS. No matter what they are.

Of course you'd think playing one tough game in December is tougher than playing 10 tough ones.

5 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

When did DLS go OOS, get their asses whipped, and look like a juggernaut in CA?

In 2011, they got their asses whipped in FL, but they barely escaped Bells in 2OT in CA. 

Full disclosure, the Bellarmine game was before the STA game.

After the STA loss, they did indeed look like a juggernaut.

15 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

Wrong.

Was too tired last night to reply to Pops and now Echs is listing GA's top 10 who could beat 2011 STA (who beat state champs Prattville and DLS and lost to Dwyer postseason on a late TD by 3 points,  the following week (as in actual following week) Manatee had a very late final drive TD to beat Dwyer by 5.   Manatee played undefeated Good Counsel to OT on the road (and got screwed in OT) and played #1 DBP tough at home, losing close (albeit with a favorable ref crew but still Manatee was tough).   STA got revenge for the whacky loss in game 1 vs. Cooper City.  They had Miramar end of regulation setup with a 34 yard FG for the win (unlike the illegal block by BG, Miramar brought the heat and legally blocked the kick and won in OT... lost in states to Plant).  Beat STA once and you have that luxury as a HC (Art Taylor beat STA with Shoelace at DFB and he got them again with Cooper City).   Jack Daniels has beat STA 2x in the playoffs.  

DLS doesn't get that luxury nor does GA's top 10.  DBP has carte blanche with STA.  So does Miramar.   Beat them and talk (excluding this year please lol).  Otherwise it's just homer bs.  

7 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

They had Miramar end of regulation setup with a 34 yard FG for the win

The worst play of the game was when STA was up 20-13 with 5 minutes left.

STA ball at M30.

Max Lescano is given instructions, with the play call, not to throw to Tracy Howard's side under any circumstance. What does he do? Roll right and throw a jump ball that Tracy Howard picks in the end zone.

So instead of throwing it away and kicking an easy FG (for Nolan Bieck) to go up two scores, Miramar drives down and ties it at the end of regulation.

1 minute ago, Guccifer said:

The worst play of the game was when STA was up 20-13 with 5 minutes left.

STA ball at M30.

Max Lescano is given instructions, with the play call, not to throw to Tracy Howard's side under any circumstance. What does he do? Roll right and throw a jump ball that Tracy Howard picks in the end zone.

So instead of throwing it away and kicking an easy FG (for Nolan Bieck) to go up two scores, Miramar drives down and ties it at the end of regulation.

Yup.  That was brutal.  Remember it well.  

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Its not a coincidence you lose OOS.

You are so dense at times. As has been pointed out to you as nauseam, it's not the OOS element. It's level of opponent no matter where they're located. As @Pops just covered, they don't lose to marginal opponents very often. When they lose, it's typically to a National 50, more so top 25 team. Location does not matter! When they've lost in CA, it's been to one of these types schools with very rare exception.

They lost to a top 25 team from CA last season in SJB and will lose to one this season in Mater Dei. Their only loss so far this season was to The Bishop who -- you guessed it -- is a top 25 team.

You choose to only focus on the OOS element because you think it supports your anti CA agenda. But guess what, when DLS plays an OOS opponent that's not top 50, they pretty much always win. 

I'm one that doesn't like hyperbole or twisting of facts used to demonstrate DLS's accomplishments. I've pointed out numerous times how their 151 and NorCal record was made possible due to lack of Regional and State games. However, in this case, twisting of facts is being used in reverse. 

DLS has a near .500 record against top 25/50 teams, regardless where they are located.

• Thanks 1