week 15 Tiers

Sammyswordsman

Tier 1 -   Mater Dei,

Tier 2 -  IMG,  Bingham,  Ben Davis, Katy

Tier 3 -    SFA, AHP, Bishop Gorman, SJB, Allen, Northwestern FLA, North Gwinnett, 

Tier 4 -   Cen10, Cardinal Gibbons,  Central, Trinity Ky, Pickerington Central, Trottwood- Madison (akaTM)

St. John's, Colerain,  Collquitt County, St. Louis HI,  Venice, DLS, Centennial AZ

Tier 5  East UT,  Cocoa,  Walton, St. X,  Chandler AZ, Archer, St. Iggy, Mentor OH, Mission Viejo, Rome, Bergen Catholic

Tier 6   Servite,  OLU, Chaminade, JSerra, Santa Margarita,  Tift,  St. X (Ky),  Ft. Dorchester, Manvel TX, Grayson, Lowndes,  Santa Margarita, St. Eds, Union OK, Poly, South Pointe,  SJP, STA

Tier 7   Folsom,

*Not attempting to rank every team, only the ones we discuss on this site.

*Tiers based on how teams are playing today.  Not based on week 1 games etc.

*Tier 1 teams can compete with any other Tier 1 teams and possibly win 1+ of 10

*Basically there is a -10 point drop between tiers.  Could vary from 7 to 21 depending on the styles of teams playing.

*Texas teams generally have not played enough OOS games to gauge properly #crapshoot

*Tiers are based on exhaustive research, Multiple games watched, and good gut feelings.

*This is a crowd sourced rating. All input will be considered and adjustments will be made as appropriate 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I lose bets to you intentionally. I need as many annual charitable contributions as possible. Not having IMG in Tier 1 is the biggest gaffe to start. 

My position is that IMG would not stay within 7 points of Mater Dei, and would be more competitive with the other teams on Tier 2.

That's not a knock at all on the Tier 2 teams, they are all very very good, but IMO Mater Dei is just better than those other teams.

IMG had more trouble with Cen10 then SJB did, and MD smoked SJB.

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

TM is undefeated and beat Pick. How can they not even be listed? And BC shouldn't be listed. You only have them there to make MD look better, but it detracts from the end product. 

Who is TM?  I don't attempt to rank every team, only the ones we discuss, but I will be happy to rank TM (whoever the heck they are) or any other team that a poster wants to see where they stack up.

IMO Bergen Catholic is playing very well, and would be competitive with the other teams on their tier.  Also think that BC finished the season playing at a higher level than the teams in the lower tiers.

*The Stache does not need any help from BC to legitimize their Once in a Generation team.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Tier 1 -   Mater Dei,

Tier 3 -    SFA, AHP, Bishop Gorman, SJB, Allen, Northwestern FLA, North Gwinnett, 

Tier 4 -   Bergen Catholic, Cen10, Cardinal Gibbons,  Central, Trinity Ky, Pickerington Central, Trottwood- Madison (akaTM)

St. John's, Colerain,  Collquitt County, St. Louis HI,  Venice, DLS, Centennial AZ

Tier 5  East UT,  Cocoa,  Walton, St. X,  Chandler AZ, Archer, St. Iggy, Mentor OH, Mission Viejo, Rome,

Tier 6   Servite,  OLU, Chaminade, JSerra, Santa Margarita,  Tift,  St. X (Ky),  Ft. Dorchester, Manvel TX, Grayson, Lowndes,  Santa Margarita, St. Eds, Union OK, Poly, South Pointe,  SJP

Tier 7   Folsom,

*Basically there is a -10 point drop between tiers.  Could vary from 7 to 21 depending on the styles of teams playing.

*Texas teams generally have not played enough OOS games to gauge properly #crapshoot

*Tiers are based on exhaustive research, Multiple games watched, and good gut feelings.

*This is a crowd sourced rating. All input will be considered and adjustments will be made as appropriate 

Daaaayam. Hard times have fallen upon poooooor STA. They've fallen at least a tier below the devil!

Tier 1 -   Mater Dei,

Image result for wide open spaces

Tier 4 -   Bergen Catholic, Cen10, Cardinal Gibbons,  Central, Trinity Ky, Pickerington Central, Trottwood- Madison (akaTM)

Tier 5  East UT,  Cocoa,  Walton, St. X,  Chandler AZ, Archer, St. Iggy, Mentor OH, Mission Viejo, Rome,

Tier 6   Servite,  OLU, Chaminade, JSerra, Santa Margarita,  Tift,  St. X (Ky),  Ft. Dorchester, Manvel TX, Grayson, Lowndes,  Santa Margarita, St. Eds, Union OK, Poly, South Pointe,  SJP

Tier 7   Folsom,

FIFY

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

TM is undefeated and beat Pick. How can they not even be listed? And BC shouldn't be listed. You only have them there to make MD look better, but it detracts from the end product. 

Pick Central would beat Trotwood-Madison if they played now. T-M beat them early in the year and Pick Central vastly improved themselves after that. They rolled through the, always tough, Div I OH playoffs unchallenged. T-M also barely got by a down Wayne team 14-7. T-M is good, but not deserving of top 25. I would even rank Hoban ahead of them right now. Hoban killed it in Div II. Even though Hoban lost to St. Iggy early on I would STILL rank them ahead of St. Iggy. Wouldn't you agree with that? Don't use first game of the year results as a basis for ranking teams at the end of the year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

Pick Central would beat Trotwood-Madison if they played now. T-M beat them early in the year and Pick Central vastly improved themselves after that. They rolled through the, always tough, Div I OH playoffs unchallenged. T-M also barely got by a down Wayne team 14-7. T-M is good, but not deserving of top 25. I would even rank Hoban ahead of them right now. Hoban killed it in Div II. Even though Hoban lost to St. Iggy early on I would STILL rank them ahead of St. Iggy. Wouldn't you agree with that? Don't use first game of the year results as a basis for ranking teams at the end of the year. 

Great post

you have a good handle on this in Ohio😀

8 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Not this tier shit again. 

Venice has 1 loss to IMG and clubs STA. Tier 4

SJB loses to the team Venice clubs. Tier 3 

STA clubs SJB. No Tier. 

Sammy needs to get the hell outta tier before I tier him a new asshole 😂

For the 100th time.  This is not an inheritance poll.  This poll weighs Week 14-15 more heavily than week 1-2.  Sorry.

(STA is Tier 6)  obviously you didn't even bother to look at it. 

5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

For the 100th time.  This is not an inheritance poll.  This poll weighs Week 14-15 more heavily than week 1-2.  Sorry.

(STA is Tier 6)  obviously you didn't even bother to look at it. 

So SJB beats nobody of note. Loses 3 times. Twice to the only good team on their schedule, and then to a perceived inferior team (STA) and they EARNED their ranking? 

For what? Beating some overrated Trinity League teams who are all Texas first round losers at best? Or beating Centennial who is the So Cal version of Folsom? 

Cali ain't playing football like that!!! 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

So SJB beats nobody of note. Loses 3 times. Twice to the only good team on their schedule, and then to a perceived inferior team (STA) and they EARNED their ranking? 

For what? Beating some overrated Trinity League teams who are all Texas first round losers at best? Or beating Centennial who is the So Cal version of Folsom? 

Cali ain't playing football like that!!! 

SJB had much better wins than Venice.  The luster had worn off of STA by the time Venice slept walked by them

20 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Tier 1 -   Mater Dei,

Tier 4 -   Cen10, Cardinal Gibbons,  Central, Trinity Ky, Pickerington Central, Trottwood- Madison (akaTM)

Tier 5  East UT,  Cocoa,  Walton, St. X,  Chandler AZ, Archer, St. Iggy, Mentor OH, Mission Viejo, Rome, Bergen Catholic

Tier 6   Servite,  OLU, Chaminade, JSerra, Santa Margarita,  Tift,  St. X (Ky),  Ft. Dorchester, Manvel TX, Grayson, Lowndes,  Santa Margarita, St. Eds, Union OK, Poly, South Pointe,  SJP, STA

Tier 7   Folsom,

As much as I dislike IMG I think they are a tier 1 team. If they played MD this year it would be a close game. I think BG s/b tier 4 they are basically 2-2 this year with their quality wins both being at home over a 6-5 Dematha and against DLS who hasn't won an OOS road game since Lincoln was in office. Ergo DLS s/b tier 5 unless they stay within 21 against the Stache. And if they stay within 14 I'd move them up to tier 3. Also, not so sure about Bingham at tier 2 they could've used a better oos game to gauge them. If they fare well against SFA then I would think tier 2 is reasonable but for now they're on the same level as SJB, Allen etc. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

As much as I dislike IMG I think they are a tier 1 team. If they played MD this year it would be a close game. I think BG s/b tier 4 they are basically 2-2 this year with their quality wins both being at home over a 6-5 Dematha and against DLS who hasn't won an OOS road game since Lincoln was in office. Ergo DLS s/b tier 5 unless they stay within 21 against the Stache. And if they stay within 14 I'd move them up to tier 3. Also, not so sure about Bingham at tier 2 they could've used a better oos game to gauge them. If they fare well against SFA then I would think tier 2 is reasonable but for now they're on the same level as SJB, Allen etc. 

very solid take.

IMO the only way IMG stays within 10 points of MD would be if MD lost JT, similar to when IMG played Cen10 and Chandler.  Both of those teams lost their Q B early, and IMG still had to work for the wins.

The Stache is blowing out the same caliber teams without those teams losing their QB.

If you watched the BG. Games, they played really well, and have good enough talent to compete successfully with the teams on their tier.

DLS is borderline Tier 5 which is where I had them last week.  You could be right about that, and if they get Bergened, Tier 5 is where DLS will finish.

appreciate your rationale!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

very solid take.

IMO the only way IMG stays within 10 points of MD would be if MD lost JT, similar to when IMG played Cen10 and Chandler.  Both of those teams lost their Q B early, and IMG still had to work for the wins.

The Stache is blowing out the same caliber teams without those teams losing their QB.

If you watched the BG. Games, they played really well, and have good enough talent to compete successfully with the teams on their tier.

DLS is borderline Tier 5 which is where I had them last week.  You could be right about that, and if they get Bergened, Tier 5 is where DLS will finish.

appreciate your rationale!

If you move DLS to Tier 5....Colquitt will hafta go to Tier 6.

Rufus>>