Possible Propst Replacements at Colquitt

94Packer

4 hours ago, 94Packer said:

Every indication now is that there is a strong possibility Propst could be leaving Colquitt shortly to assume assistant position at a power 5 school. He is supposed to have meetings with Saban and Pruitt nex week. If he does choose to leave who are some Realistic replacements for him at Colquitt. Please no trolling on this. Some of the suggestions I’ve heard are

Sean Calhoun

Greg Toal

Zach Grage

John Ford

Who'd you think would be a good replacement? As much as we like to pick at each other you have to admit it’s a lucrative position and great facilities...

Zach or Sean! Both are very familiar with the system! It'd be a damn shame to hire someone who was going to take several years to familiarize themselves with Packer Football! And run the risk of wasting half of the coming four years talent pool! As anyone close to the program knows, the program encompasses much more than talent! And those two already know the deal!

And WHY would ANYONE want Ford? Does 45-7 ring a bell? And he's NEVER won ANYTHING!

4 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Whoever it is I hope they answer emails and actively try and scheudle top teams. 

No more Pelham, Enterprise, Plant, International School of Broward, Holy Trinity Episcopal, Missouri Catholic, etc 

Just from past experience! With Coach ProPst gone from the scene! I doubt VERY seriously if many OOS games will be scheduled in the future! Contrary to popular belief, the MAJOR goals for folks in Colquitt county, are to win a state championship, and to BEAT VALDOSTA!

15 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't really like the idea of shopping around other coaches when Rush hasn't yet turned in his keys...

However, since we are being hypothetical here, if Rush were to leave, and I hope he doesn't, why couldn't Sean Sutton step up and into the role? 

Calhoun would be a good choice I think. 

I imagine Grage is living pretty good right where he is, but, he also would be a nice choice. 

It just seems like Sutton would be the best pick to keep continuity. 

While Sutton is NO DOUBT the grease that keeps the machine running! I wonder how his organizational skills are for running an entire program, from 6-12 grade?

1 hour ago, ORabidOne said:

Whille Sutton is NO DOUBT the grease that keeps the machine running! I wonder how his organizational skills are for running an entire program, from 6-12 grade?

I don't know. 

I know he does a good job at what he does now and that he's a good guy. 

I don't even know if he would want to try it to be honest. He just seems like the obvious choice if you like how things have been going. 

2 hours ago, 94Packer said:

@ORabidOne @HawgGoneIt I think Sutton would be a great choice but I’ve heard he is about ready to retire.

I honestly don't think Coach Sutton will stay at Colquitt...IF....Rush decides to leave.  He is an outstanding coach...and an absolute genius at S&C.  I'm not sure how he would do as an HC.  Personally, as I have said many times before...my choice would be Coach Sean Calhoun.  He is well liked in Moultrie and he knows his stuff.  I think he could maintain the continuity...with maybe a few tweaks here and there.  We could lose certain staff if he were to ever take charge...but hell, we lose staff practically every year.

I've heard Zach Grage's name being thrown out.  Another popular guy.  I'm not sure whether or not Zach is seasoned enough for a program the size of Colquitt.  He may be.  I would bet his name would be in contention.

A 3rd possibility and I'm not sure whether or not it's even feasible...is Coach Jeremy Rowell.  I know when he left us he went to Southern...and he may be where he wants to be...BUT...I would love for him to have the reins.  I think he could hit the ground running as well.

All this is currently moot.  Rush is still the HC as far as I know.  BUT....I think the odds are in favor of him going SOMEWHERE (AL or TN).  It's been one heckuva 10 years !!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Oh how I beg to differ... 

29 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I honestly don't think Coach Sutton will stay at Colquitt...IF....Rush decides to leave.  He is an outstanding coach...and an absolute genius at S&C.  I'm not sure how he would do as an HC.  Personally, as I have said many times before...my choice would be Coach Sean Calhoun.  He is well liked in Moultrie and he knows his stuff.  I think he could maintain the continuity...with maybe a few tweaks here and there.  We could lose certain staff if he were to ever take charge...but hell, we lose staff practically every year.

I've heard Zach Grage's name being thrown out.  Another popular guy.  I'm not sure whether or not Zach is seasoned enough for a program the size of Colquitt.  He may be.  I would bet his name would be in contention.

A 3rd possibility and I'm not sure whether or not it's even feasible...is Coach Jeremy Rowell.  I know when he left us he went to Southern...and he may be where he wants to be...BUT...I would love for him to have the reins.  I think he could hit the ground running as well.

All this is currently moot.  Rush is still the HC as far as I know.  BUT....I think the odds are in favor of him going SOMEWHERE (AL or TN).  It's been one heckuva 10 years !!!!

Rufus>>

WELL, we can only hope that the powers that be, won't be going down the Bill McCall, Bob Griffith, Mike Singletary, or Lil Timmy Chokely path of destruction!

23 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

yLol Greg toal... he lives in Bergen County nj y would be down grade and go down south .... Roy Moore sounds like a good replacement  following the current coach u got 

Because he's afraid of REAL competition?xD Have you ever heard of Tommy Knotts? He never even CONSIDERED coming to the cradle of high school football! He was happy as a clam, coaching in the bush leagues of the Carolinas!

Anybody remember those BADASSES from South Pointe? If they hadn't struggled with crap ass Buford! You clowns woulda thought that they were HOTSIE TOTSIE! THEY DON'T WANT NONE of what we are a cookin in GEORGIA!:)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

Because he's afraid of REAL competition?xD Have you ever heard of Tommy Knotts? He never even CONSIDERED coming to the cradle of high school football! He was happy as a clam, coaching in the bush leagues of the Carolinas!

Anybody remember those BADASSES from South Pointe? If they hadn't struggled with crap ass Buford! You clowns woulda thought that they were HOTSIE TOTSIE! THEY DON'T WANT NONE of what we are a cookin in GEORGIA!:)

U still lost to a team that has never won a football state championship ever....

• Haha 1