Once in a Generation....

Sammyswordsman

7 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The Stache broke BG 57 game win streak, they Bergened the Highly touted NJ state champs and beat SJB twice.  SJB is arguably a top 5 national team itself.

then MD almost running clocked  a DLS team that their coach said was BETTER than the '16 team 

Yeah... Miami Central beat BG too... AT BG, not at home like MD.

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

I don't care about what some computer says a schedule is rated.  I'm going off of what I've seen.  IMG had the toughest schedule in the country.  SJB was the best team on Mater Dei's schedule.  Mater played them twice and then BG and DLS.  The rest of the schedule doesn't matter and remember this is a national board.

Miami Central played IMG, Northwestern twice, who imo is better than SJB, and BG.  The rest of their schedule doesn't matter here either.

I still think Mission Viejo was better than people think... But your right outside of SJB x2, BG, DLS, BC, and MV the rest are computer-propped up trash.

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

N

Nobody is talking about CalPreps. Where SoCal teams pretty much pick & choose their ranking.

That said MD played on of the Top 3 schedules from what I can see...

St. John Bosco (×2)

Bishop Gorman NV 

Mission Viejo CA

Bergen Catholic NJ

De La Salle CA 

These 5 teams/6 games are really the only ones that count. The rest are so propped up by CaliforniaPreps its ridiculous. For example, SM is at 50 when they are truthfully no better than a Avon IN, a Gonzaga DC or a Saguaro AZ.

SM is better than Avon IN.  That's all I have to add to this post.

7 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Any team that is going to be considered better will have to have a ridiculous D-Line that can bring pressure into the face of JT. 

I have had this arguement with Sammy. I'd give a slight edge to the Bosco 2011 team because of just what you said and their entire defense overall. 

20 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The Stache broke BG 57 game win streak, they Bergened the Highly touted NJ state champs and beat SJB twice.  SJB is arguably a top 5 national team itself.

then MD almost running clocked  a DLS team that their coach said was BETTER than the '16 team 

DLS is on the upswing from a 2 year down cycle just like Colquitt was. Claiming them for some huge victory this year is claiming the name only. Not trying to take a jab at DLS at all. I think it's pretty obvious this is the case. Sell the bull to someone that just reads the USAToday.

Bergen... hmph. Ask GSB. Shoulda played Rome instead.

Haha at breaking the huge win streak. Still happened on a notably down year. Very notably down for them. They're living the polls on name alone.

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

DLS is on the upswing from a 2 year dowb cycle just like Colquitt was. Claiming them for some huge victory this year is claiming the name only. Not trying to take a jab at DLS at all. I think it's pretty obvious this is the case. Sell the bull to someone that just reads the USAToday.

Bergen... hmph. Ask GSB. Shoulda played Rome instead.

Haha at breaking the huge win streak. Still happened on a notably down year. Very notably down for them. They're living the polls on name alone.

Not claiming a "huge" victory.   But it was a better win than any team in Ga or Texas had.

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Bro, you are trying to sell this team as the greates ever. Top 5 schedule.

Take this mess of a piece of the argument to the Mater Dei for natty champ thread. xD

It's not just me "selling" this MD team as the best ever.... Crack a newspaper sometime.

I'll wait for your response for another 10 days, until the papers arrive in South Ga.

Just now, Columbiafan said:

I wouldn't say greatest ever 

It's ridiculous to compare teams from 10+ years ago to now

But as for 2017 mater dei is best this year and any legit poll will have them number 1 in final rankings 

So your saying the teams 10 years ago were better?   How about 30 years ago or 50 years ago?  Were they better as well?

You.Are.Nuts

1 minute ago, aZjimbo said:

I have had this arguement with Sammy. I'd give a slight edge to the Bosco 2011 team because of just what you said and their entire defense overall. 

Although not known as a running QB, he did extend series with his legs. Best team this year, yes. Best all time? You can't argue that they would be in the discussion.

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

So your saying the teams 10 years ago were better?   How about 30 years ago or 50 years ago?  Were they better as well?

You.Are.Nuts

This happens all the time, we look at a team that wins this year and say goat

We did same with teams like Bishop Gorman last year 

There are great teams every year so we can't just assume they would beat all these top teams from previous years 

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You.Are.Nuts

No I think he's just saying it's hard to compare which I don't think it is from 10 years ago.  I can still remember going to games and Nippert Stadium or Paul Brown stadium.

I think JT is the best hs qb i've seen since Brian Brohm and if you remember I said that last season when I jumped on the Mater Dei bandwagon.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

No I think he's just saying it's hard to compare which I don't think it is from 10 years ago.  I can still remember going to games and Nippert Stadium or Paul Brown stadium.

I think JT is the best hs qb i've seen since Brian Brohm and if you remember I said that last season when I jumped on the Mater Dei bandwagon.  

Exactly