BNU Commitments

LiberalDonaldTrump

13 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

For every one of your disaster stories, I can match you with a success story:

Cushing, Dray, Dickerson, Wooten, Trattou, Minkah, etc. 

mcourtys(rutgers) AccuesNCSTATE) Circui(CLEMSON) Hoffman(BC), williams(PITT) holohan(navy) pollio (iowa), gonzale(PITT), fred-jackson(NC state) Giles-harris(duke) Hatton(UNC) Jeume (gatech)Alaimo (UCLA)  PATTI ( PITT).....this off the top of my head just from SJR.....all successfull....etc..I am sure there is another 20 or so,,,,and the same from BC and Bosco...for every one you give that did not make there is 5 that make...once again your opinion in not correct...but you are entitled your opinion....but know you have been sent to AA ball to get some more life experience.....end transmission..............................................................................................................................

2 hours ago, SJR89 said:

mcourtys(rutgers) AccuesNCSTATE) Circui(CLEMSON) Hoffman(BC), williams(PITT) holohan(navy) pollio (iowa), gonzale(PITT), fred-jackson(NC state) Giles-harris(duke) Hatton(UNC) Jeume (gatech)Alaimo (UCLA)  PATTI ( PITT).....this off the top of my head just from SJR.....all successfull....etc..I am sure there is another 20 or so,,,,and the same from BC and Bosco...for every one you give that did not make there is 5 that make...once again your opinion in not correct...but you are entitled your opinion....but know you have been sent to AA ball to get some more life experience.....end transmission..............................................................................................................................

Cant count Rutgers because that fits into my statement of staying home. 

Didnt alaimo just get to ucla??

Your missing jordan fuller...good career at Ohio state 

Maybe kids from sjr do better at their respective colleges

It would be an interesting stat to look into. Who has the highest percentage of transfers

Again it completely depends on the kid. As a parent in which I am not has to know their kid enough. Letting a kid go away to school who isnt ready is only setting them up to fail. 

• Like 1

Good read,,,,also being a little greedy here as SJR got 6 All State selections..but how does the Shoe get 2nd team to Fava at Bosco..when he breaks all time state record...their stats are equal but Shoe has more attempts and completions than Fava....makes no sense,,but hey its the star ledger....

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-5379875883992686654/st-joseph-mont-is-njcoms-football-team-of-the-year-for-2018/

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-2149876583466965247/howard-cross-of-st-joseph-mont-is-njcoms-football-player-of-the-year-for-2018/

22 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

@SJR 04

@SJR89

Anyone else who wants to chime in.

Should college football follow college hockey. Meaning this college hockey doesnt really look at you until your 20 or older. 

So should college football instead of bringing in 18 year old start their roster with kids at 20 and have them graduate at 24.

I'm not in favor of that. Where would the kids play while they are 18, 19yrs old?

3 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

I'm not in favor of that. Where would the kids play while they are 18, 19yrs old?

They would have to come up with a level of football btw Hs and college like they have in hockey. I understand your point though. Or let HS kids stay in hs longer. Let them stay in Hs stil 20. 

I understand it probably wont work but it was a thought. As it works in hockey. 

19 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

At least he's consistent. His opinion on this subject has never wavered. All I can say is thank goodness he'll never be a father. 

I think it's sad that someone could genuinely believe that football is the only thing that matters.  He's consistent in thinking that kids shouldn't do what's best for their lives and careers.  Maybe it's just selfish - he sees college football as nothing more than his entertainment and wants kids to make decisions that enhance his entertainment.

Whatever it is, I'm glad that this type of thinking is dying.  Kids are more empowered than ever to make decisions that are best for them.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

@SJR 04

@SJR89

Should college football follow college hockey. Meaning this college hockey doesnt really look at you until your 20 or older. 

So should college football instead of bringing in 18 year old start their roster with kids at 20 and have them graduate at 24.

Who would this benefit?

11 minutes ago, bc3 said:

I think it's sad that someone could genuinely believe that football is the only thing that matters.  He's consistent in thinking that kids shouldn't do what's best for their lives and careers.  Maybe it's just selfish - he sees college football as nothing more than his entertainment and wants kids to make decisions that enhance his entertainment.

Whatever it is, I'm glad that this type of thinking is dying.  Kids are more empowered than ever to make decisions that are best for them.

Yeah because you know the kids who make it are making millions for themselves. Was a great decision. And if your playing at d1 knowin you cant make the league go play d3 ball and go to Hopkins or one of those top schools. 

Football certainly is a form of entertainment without a doubt. 

4 minutes ago, bc3 said:

Why?  Please explain.

Well let's see as I'm sure you know....guys mature later in life. So if they go to school later in life they are more mentally and physically mature. That would help them in all aspects.......in the classroom and on the field ice court etc. Also it would help them socially. As you grow up the parties and such that guys like to attend at 18 and such dont mean as much.  So now your 22 and a sophmore who is bigger faster stronger and more mature mentally. Makes for one heck of a combination. 

Going to school later in life would absolutely help and has been written upon multiple times. 

3 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Cant count Rutgers because that fits into my statement of staying home. 

Didnt alaimo just get to ucla??

Your missing jordan fuller...good career at Ohio state 

Maybe kids from sjr do better at their respective colleges

It would be an interesting stat to look into. Who has the highest percentage of transfers

Again it completely depends on the kid. As a parent in which I am not has to know their kid enough. Letting a kid go away to school who isnt ready is only setting them up to fail. 

Why do you equate transferring to failure?  Kids (athletes or not) transfer for all sorts of reasons all the time.  If a kid isn't happy, transferring should be encouraged not stigmatized. 

Just now, bc3 said:

Why do you equate transferring to failure?  Kids (athletes or not) transfer for all sorts of reasons all the time.  If a kid isn't happy, transferring should be encouraged not stigmatized. 

Yes I know as I was an athlete who transferred due to being miserable. But I also believed I failed in being able to do what I set out to do and that was compete for 4 years in college. 

Now if you transfer because your unhappy and you tried ok I got it. But if you transferred because your not getting the playing time you think you deserve compete more. Or you should have looked into who was going into the school that you would have to compete with. There is more information for these kids today than any of us have had. There should be no surprises when they show up to campus 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Yes I know as I was an athlete who transferred due to being miserable. But I also believed I failed in being able to do what I set out to do and that was compete for 4 years in college. 

Now if you transfer because your unhappy and you tried ok I got it. But if you transferred because your not getting the playing time you think you deserve compete more. Or you should have looked into who was going into the school that you would have to compete with. There is more information for these kids today than any of us have had. There should be no surprises when they show up to campus 

You've said some things that I've thought are ridiculous but this one takes the cake.  No surprises when arriving on campus?  Give me a break - it doesn't matter how much information is out there, a high school kid making a college decision has only a tiny sliver of information about what it's like to attend a school.  Attending a school is full of surprises.  Being recruited by a coach is very different than playing for a coach.  Visiting a campus is very different than living on campus.  

If a kid isn't getting what he wants - athletically, academically, socially - at a school then he should look at his options.  Transferring is a pretty powerful option and I don't think it's right to label transferring as failure.

2 minutes ago, bc3 said:

You've said some things that I've thought are ridiculous but this one takes the cake.  No surprises when arriving on campus?  Give me a break - it doesn't matter how much information is out there, a high school kid making a college decision has only a tiny sliver of information about what it's like to attend a school.  Attending a school is full of surprises.  Being recruited by a coach is very different than playing for a coach.  Visiting a campus is very different than living on campus.  

If a kid isn't getting what he wants - athletically, academically, socially - at a school then he should look at his options.  Transferring is a pretty powerful option and I don't think it's right to label transferring as failure.

Again your opinion which is fine. I think he or she needs to try before they run. 

But that's fine. I dont agree with your opinion and you dont agree with mine. Does it really matter? Absolutely not. 

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

@SJR 04

@SJR89

this is flat out idiotic......the system has worked for a long time...now if knew your history...you would know that back in the day...freshman were not allowed to play at all in college.  It took the Marshall play crash crash that wiped out their entire team in 1970 to allow to freshman to play...followed by the entire NCAA in 1972....more about money than anything else.....not too mention if you die fighting for your country....vote....buy a gun....etc....you should be able play football............( should be able to drink as well) ..................................you need an extended time out....go spend time in Library......

2 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

this is flat out idiotic......the system has worked for a long time...now if knew your history...you would know that back in the day...freshman were not allowed to play at all in college.  It tool the Marshall play crash crash that wiped out their entire team in 1970 to allow to freshman to play...followed by the entire NCAA in 1972....more about money than anything else.....not too mention if you die fighting for your country....vote....buy a gun....etc....you should be able play football............( should be able to drink as well) ..................................you need an extended time out....go spend time in Library......

Yes I know the history and the history of the plane crash at marshall changed it all. Yep got it. 

Like I said it works in one sport. Just figured it might work in another sport. But it is a fact that guys mature later in life. But it is whatever it is.