BNU Commitments

LiberalDonaldTrump

19 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Who had best frosh record in bnu? 

BC is 8-0 having played everyone and is playing St Joes for a 2nd time of the year on Saturday. Potential to be BC's 2nd unbeaten freshman team in 4 years and had a 3rd in there with 1 loss. Worth noting that this BC freshman team is without 6 players who are playing at the varsity level, and a couple of those have collected multiple Power 5 offers already as noted above. The freshmen who playing on the freshmen team are 8-0.  

The Bosco 6-3 record is certainly an improvement on last year's Bosco freshman group which I'm not sure had 6 first downs on the year - their 6 wins this year included Clifton, West Orange, Pope John, a forefit against PC, DePaul, and St Joes of Philadelphia. They lost to 50-7 to BC at home and also lost to SJR and SPP, not sure of the scores of those games. But yes relatively speaking, a step forward for DBP for sure. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nokia said:

BC is 8-0 having played everyone and is playing St Joes for a 2nd time of the year on Saturday. Potential to be BC's 2nd unbeaten freshman team in 4 years and had a 3rd in there with 1 loss. Worth noting that this BC freshman team is without 6 players who are playing at the varsity level, and a couple of those have collected multiple Power 5 offers already as noted above. The freshmen who playing on the freshmen team are 8-0.  

The Bosco 6-3 record is certainly an improvement on last year's Bosco freshman group which I'm not sure had 6 first downs on the year - their 6 wins this year included Clifton, West Orange, Pope John, a forefit against PC, DePaul, and St Joes of Philadelphia. They lost to 50-7 to BC at home and also lost to SJR and SPP, not sure of the scores of those games. But yes relatively speaking, a step forward for DBP for sure. 

other than Jaeden Gould,Tyler Booker & Ryan Brooks who are the other 3 freshmen playing up at the varsity level for BC??

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Did any Southern team beat a Northern last night?? Some have already started opting out of these first round games. I'm sure those numbers will increase with time. 

St. Augustine beat Notre Dame (if we consider Lawrenceville “north”).

Bishop Eustace always opts out - they and Paul VI are huge pussies.  Their ADs and coaches constantly whine about not wanting to compete against the northern schools.   

Pingry opts out too, but on that one I don’t blame them - their enrollment is Group 3 but they are always a small and weak team and should be in the Group 1-2 bracket based on strength-of-program.

34 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

PC 0

SHP 10

Half

17-0 SHP.  Looks like Vito is gonna get a match against his old team.  

Coincidentally both the DC and OC at SHP have Bergen ties (DC is Eddie “What’s a Defense” Stinson who had that job under Nunzio for 2 years, and OC is Tom Falato who held that position at Bergen for a long time).

15 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

St. Augustine beat Notre Dame (if we consider Lawrenceville “north”).

Bishop Eustace always opts out - they and Paul VI are huge pussies.  Their ADs and coaches constantly whine about not wanting to compete against the northern schools.   

Pingry opts out too, but on that one I don’t blame them - their enrollment is Group 3 but they are always a small and weak team and should be in the Group 1-2 bracket based on strength-of-program.

This is nonsense.  Paul VI is 0-8 against medium-sized public schools, getting out scored 356-41 and Bishop Eustace is slightly less worse, going 2-6 against a similar type of schedule.  Opting out doesn't make them pussies - it's the only reasonable decision for these two schools.  

• Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 10:59 AM, Nokia said:

Bergen freshman beat SJR today 44-6 to finish the year 9-0.

8 minutes ago, bc3 said:

This is nonsense.  Paul VI is 0-8 against medium-sized public schools, getting out scored 356-41 and Bishop Eustace is slightly less worse, going 2-6 against a similar type of schedule.  Opting out doesn't make them pussies - it's the only reasonable decision for these two schools.  

In and of itself you are right. I should have elaborated.  I don’t blame them for opting out THIS year.  But their administrations complain EVERY year.  

In 2015 for example I think Paul VI was beating Bosco 17-14 at the half and lost 33-17, and even then their AD and coach were complaining.  A competitive game, but they do it every year.

6 minutes ago, bc3 said:

The Eustace AD wants the non-pubs broken down by region.  He stated once in an interview he wants to play Joes Hammonton, not teams like Delbarton, PJ23, etc.  

I don’t understand him, he thinks a game against a team like Joes Hammonton is gonna be any less of a bloodbath?

And BC3 I agree on a global level there is competitive imbalance.  I’ve always said, make 2 consolidated NP sections: Groups 1-2 and Groups 3-4.

Get rid of Group 3.  DePaul, PJ23, RBC, Vianney, and Camden Catholic (At least historically) move up; and Donovan, Ahr, Pingry, Mater Dei, and Eustace move down.

12 teams in each Group qualify for playoffs.  Done.

• Like 1